Does the SS need a chat?

Anything important goes on the bulletin board, including the rules and guidelines.

Chat?

Yes!
70%
No.
9%
Don't really care either way. >_<
22%

Total votes: 69

Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

I'm not completely sure about that. I wish I had been recording statistics when the chat was here and then after it left. =/ Still, I'm not sure if that would prove anything. However, I think we can agree that on average, we haven't experienced more activity since the chat has gone.

Personally, I think that if we did reinstate the chat, the average person would not spend significantly more time chatting on AiO chats overall. They would simply reduce the time they spend on other existing chats to fit in the new one.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

Yeah, I think we would see more people on SS, but probably the same amount of post on the board as now. Maybe :o
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

(Pound Foolish Sarcasm Warning)
Oh yeah. Sure they will. Past experience so confirms that.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

I vote for s chat!
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
Metal15
Peanut Butter Cup

Novatom wrote:I vote for s chat!
*High-fives Novatom* Slick, dude! :D
I'm the leader of the KRE, the group dedicated to countering ERK the Emily-centered cult. Join either team, you'll have a blast.

My Youtube channel --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa8Nt7 ... ILthNNlUww

Feminism is cray.

FREEDOM!!!

Music FB page: https://www.facebook.com/louismusicdefinitelyofficial/
Batgirl
Cookies & Creme

To be honest, it seemed like the SS fell into chaos without the chat. I've heard various accounts from people who have left because it became "boring".<-- I agree. In addition, I cannot contact those people whom I've cherished from the chat. So, I vote for the chat to come back on.
"Sometimes the best book has the dustiest jacket, and sometimes the best tea cup is chipped."
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

Pound Foolish wrote:Here is the quiet facts, stated concisely and gently as possible:

STAY AWAY, STINKIN CHAT
Woah! Calm down...
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. Q&A thread HERE. "SHNOOD IS THE OLDBIE NEWBIE AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THAT TITLE" - Belle
Aftershocker
Mocha Jamocha

The Bat Girl wrote:To be honest, it seemed like the SS fell into chaos without the chat. I've heard various accounts from people who have left because it became "boring".<-- I agree. In addition, I cannot contact those people whom I've cherished from the chat. So, I vote for the chat to come back on.
*agrees with Bat Girl and votes yes*
^^ Props to Belle ^^
Metal15
Peanut Butter Cup

Hmm...That's a lotta "Yes"s. :D
I'm the leader of the KRE, the group dedicated to countering ERK the Emily-centered cult. Join either team, you'll have a blast.

My Youtube channel --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa8Nt7 ... ILthNNlUww

Feminism is cray.

FREEDOM!!!

Music FB page: https://www.facebook.com/louismusicdefinitelyofficial/
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

Woah, old topic. And, what? Chat? WHAT CHAT?? WHY WAS I NOT INFORMED ABOUT THIS CHAT?!
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. Q&A thread HERE. "SHNOOD IS THE OLDBIE NEWBIE AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THAT TITLE" - Belle
snubs
Cookies & Creme

Before your time maybe?

By the way, your set is wonderful. =] I always love a great set.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
ToO Chatroom | Odyssey Moments | The Town of Odyssey
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

What do you mean, set?
Aftershocker
Mocha Jamocha

shnoodlec wrote:What do you mean, set?
Your avatar and signature. :)
^^ Props to Belle ^^
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

I say yes. I never got to experiance chat, and I think I would like it, esp. since I have gotten in trouble on quite a few occacions for spamming accdentaly because I got off topic, or I put something in all caps, ect. ect. Yeah, that's really inbearasing every time...
Agent 86
Caramel Crunch

YES. I would like for the chat to come on.
This is a block of text. I'm not sure why I put this here, or why you are reading this. Well, I guess I should say something witty here.. I'm not going to, but you'll probably stick around just in case I change my mind. Um.. Running out of things to say.. Wait, you're still reading this? OK, that's too much, stop. Seriously, STOP.
Rebel.
http://blackgaardscastle.forumotion.com/
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

Oh, thanks snubs! (and thanks for telling me what that means, Aftershocker) But compliment Bethany, she made it (and for that I am ever grateful!) :)
arwen
Caramel Crunch

so,I know I've brought this up before, but I really, really want a chat and I miss talking to the people who were on when the chat was around. am I the only one who feels this way?
Aftershocker
Mocha Jamocha

No, I want the chat back too! =[
^^ Props to Belle ^^
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

shnoodlec wrote:Woah, old topic. And, what? Chat? WHAT CHAT?? WHY WAS I NOT INFORMED ABOUT THIS CHAT?!
It was more of an annoyance than anything, Shnoodlec, to the SS anyway. People would chat literally half the day away sometimes and not make a single post. Often times, posting sank to almost nothing.
Chats are nice, but they don't belong here. And that chat tended to be about nothing. People would get carried away pretending, goofing around, making random inside jokes that got bigger and bigger, hour after hour. Those are lovely in moderation, but they practically took over in this case.
The main thing is, it wasn't for talking about AIO. It was entirely unstructured silliness that dragged on and on.
In other words, it's not so much that it wasn't fun. Many found it too fun.
Some enjoyed it. Which is great. But you didn't miss anything.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Renae
Fudge Marble
Location: ....I'll be in a different place every time you read this....

Ok..I hafta say...I'm beginning to SERIOUSLY WANT CHAT BACK.
I mean there is no beating around the bush!! Look at mafia...nobody is posting! Look at the number of members on...its just me O.o
I don't think its shameful to say that the chat kept us alive. Its just like saying that communication between spouse keeps a marriage alive! (not saying that we're married to each other O.o )
Chat helped us to further develop relationships with each other..relationships that are now dying :( It makes me sad...
Renae: Faithful companion of Drama King, aka Jimmy Barclay.