Questions for Admins/Mods

Anything important goes on the bulletin board, including the rules and guidelines.
sing
Raspberry Ripple

When I tried to post on my q&a, this popped up twice. I still can't post a reply.

PReturn to the index page
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Incorrect string value: '\xF0\x9F\x98\xB7 <...' for column 'post_text' at row 1 [1366]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.
Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: info@odysseyscoop.com

Of course, all boys have cooties, so I avoid like them like the plague. -Helios

Music is life, that's why our hearts have beats
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

That's weird. I don't have a problem when I try to view your thread. Could you maybe try again?
MnM
Raspberry Ripple

I had that problem too sing. Are you posting in the "Quick Reply" or posting by clicking "Post Reply"? I found that it didn't work when I posted in "Quick Reply" a while ago. I don't know. Sometimes on "Post Reply" it happens too. I just edit what I was going to say, maybe make it not as long or delete a smiley face or two, or reload the page and try again. I don't know...? :anxious: Just a couple of ideas. Hope they help! :P
sing
Raspberry Ripple

MnM wrote:I had that problem too sing. Are you posting in the "Quick Reply" or posting by clicking "Post Reply"? I found that it didn't work when I posted in "Quick Reply" a while ago. I don't know. Sometimes on "Post Reply" it happens too. I just edit what I was going to say, maybe make it not as long or delete a smiley face or two, or reload the page and try again. I don't know...? :anxious: Just a couple of ideas. Hope they help! :P
It was not quick reply. I was quoting someone. I will post it again, I just don't have time right now.

Of course, all boys have cooties, so I avoid like them like the plague. -Helios

Music is life, that's why our hearts have beats
MnM
Raspberry Ripple

sing wrote:
MnM wrote:I had that problem too sing. Are you posting in the "Quick Reply" or posting by clicking "Post Reply"? I found that it didn't work when I posted in "Quick Reply" a while ago. I don't know. Sometimes on "Post Reply" it happens too. I just edit what I was going to say, maybe make it not as long or delete a smiley face or two, or reload the page and try again. I don't know...? :anxious: Just a couple of ideas. Hope they help! :P
It was not quick reply. I was quoting someone. I will post it again, I just don't have time right now.
Ahhhhh. Okay! :P
Paula
Peach Cobbler

Is there a way for us to add onto the number of folders we have currently in our inbox/control panel options?
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
"update your signature, Paperclip's term ended ages ago" -Swah
Happy now?
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Not sure what you mean by that...?
MnM
Raspberry Ripple

On the User Control Panel: Profile it says, "My board style:" and has a list of board styles including The Soda Shop, MLP, etc,.. what do those mean, and what does it do?
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

It changes the look of the board.
MnM
Raspberry Ripple

Just the look? Like the header and such?
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I am not a mod.... But it changes the complete look, not just the header. You should try the Emily one. ;)
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
MnM
Raspberry Ripple

Okay, thank you Miss Friendship!
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Do any of you know of a way I can mark all PM messages as read? I have 7 unread messages that I can't find, and it's driving me crazy.
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

T.S. (myself) wrote:Do any of you know of a way I can mark all PM messages as read? I have 7 unread messages that I can't find, and it's driving me crazy.
The only way I know of is to select every message and manually mark it as read. Unfortunately you can only select it one at a time but you can select up to a page at once.
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

I don't see "mark as read" as an option, just mark/unmark as important. I tried going through and clicking on each message I never replied to, but I wasn't able to find all of them.
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

T.S. (myself) wrote:I don't see "mark as read" as an option, just mark/unmark as important. I tried going through and clicking on each message I never replied to, but I wasn't able to find all of them.
Hmm. I'm not sure, sorry.
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

That's fine. I was able to find a couple more of them, so I'll just keep looking
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

Why didn't the forum clocks change with the end of Daylight Savings?
xo eht haiasi-
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Because Daylight Savings is an antiquated idea and we're doing our best to change it
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

And because that's an option you need to set manually. UCP -> Board Preferences