Questions for Admins/Mods

Anything important goes on the bulletin board, including the rules and guidelines.
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

SAME. I CAN'T EVEN TELL IF THE DEBATE HALL HAS NEW MESSAGES. WHAT IS THE POINT OF THIS THEME? :x :x
xo eht haiasi-
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

IT CHANGED. THANK YOU GOD.

Thank you for whoever saved us. :mrgreen:
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

It was probably just a mistake that happened when the default theme was changed. :P

I literally don't know how you two can use AcidTech Jimmy. The neon orange is overwhelmingly bright, it's difficult to read pretty much any text that isn't colored white, and the smilies have fuzzy white borders over the black background. What is it that appeals to you about the theme? The more obvious difference between read/unread posts?

If you want a darker background, I would suggest the Regis theme. :yes:
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

T.S. (myself) wrote:It was probably just a mistake that happened when the default theme was changed.
Umm no. A source tells us someone changed it all.
T.S. (myself) wrote:If you want a darker background, I would suggest the Regis theme.
Except we don't like the whole white/ice cream style period.

First of all, it doesn't fill up the entire screen. The names are smaller and harder to read since they don't stand out. I have no idea what I have and have not read. There is no color or depth. Just a boring document I have to skim for a report.
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

T.S. (myself) wrote:
I literally don't know how you two can use AcidTech Jimmy. The neon orange is overwhelmingly bright, it's difficult to read pretty much any text that isn't colored white, and the smilies have fuzzy white borders over the black background. What is it that appeals to you about the theme? The more obvious difference between read/unread posts?

YOU DARE ATTACK ACIDTECH JIMMY. Yes, on the obvious differences and I actually like the neon orange and it is pretty easy for me to read non-white text. I don't care about the smiley thing.
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

T.S. (myself) wrote:Is there a good way to get historical statistics on the number of posts on the Soda Shop at a given time?
I'm reposting this in case it wasn't seen earlier. I'm hoping to graph post statistics for the SS and ToO. \:D/
Limerick
Caramel Crunch

I could probably get the information if you had very specific date ranges using the SQL database directly, but not aware offhand (or even with a quick google search) for you to get that information.
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Thanks, Limerick!

Ideally, I'd at least like to know what the SS post count was on April 1st and October 31st of each year, since that's what the ToO has publicly available.
Limerick
Caramel Crunch

This is likely harder than I thought as the timestamps per post are in Unix Timestamps, i.e., 1336347329 is the first post, Sunday 6th May 2012 07:35:29 PM. So I will have to convert each April 1st and October 31st to Unix timestamp, sort them and then get the count between each (I had been hoping to avoid the unix conversion), and give you the info. I am looking at doing this right now, hopefully I will have something soon. Sorry for the long gap, got distracted last time.

ETA: And here you go:

First Post: Sunday 6th May 2012 07:35:29 PM

Up to October 31 2012 - 29207 posts
Up to April 1 2013 - 54217 posts (25010 new)
Up to October 31 2013 - 63914 posts (9697 new)
Up to April 1 2014 - 70518 posts (6604 new)
Up to October 31 2014 - 81258 posts (10740 new)
Up to April 1 2015 - 87554 posts (6296 new)
Up to October 31 2015 - 107399 posts (19845 new)
Up to April 1 2016 - 114228 posts (6829 new)
Up to October 31 2016 - 121250 posts (7022 new)

Up to Jan 14 2017 - 124370 (3120 new)

By far the most prolific posting time in recent memory is April 1st - October 31, 2015, almost reaching the heyday of the forum's initial opening year. (And today I learn it is Heyday not Hayday :p)

Hope that helps!
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Thanks so much, Limerick! \:D/

I didn't realize it would be so involved, so sorry for the trouble. :anxious:
Limerick
Caramel Crunch

No problem, it didn't turn out that bad in the end, and hey, learned some new stuff :) Hope it helps you put together some fun stuff :)
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

I just tried to post something that included this url, but it wouldn't post. I tried copying and pasting the code for another url tag that was done correctly just in case the mistake was my fault, but the same thing happened. What's going on?
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

TigerShadow wrote:I just tried to post something that included this url, but it wouldn't post. I tried copying and pasting the code for another url tag that was done correctly just in case the mistake was my fault, but the same thing happened. What's going on?

Code: Select all

[url=http://trentdewitty.tumblr.com]this url[/url]
The http:// is what tells the software it's a valid link, you have to include that for a URL tag.
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

What are your thoughts on roasted chestnuts?
Limerick
Caramel Crunch

I think that I have never had them but that I may have :p
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Personally I thought they were very disappointing. You'd think they would taste better considering how iconic they are.
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

Is it possible to change the email address associated with one's account?
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Connie G. wrote:Is it possible to change the email address associated with one's account?
Yes. But then it will deactivate your account, so be sure to pm an admin before you do so, so they can get your account up and running again asap.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

Oooooookay... do I have to message an admin with the email I want or is that in the settings somewhere? o.O
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Clarification:

To change your email address associated with your account, go to the User Control Panel, click Profile, click Account Settings in the sub-menu, then enter in your new email address. It will not deactivate your account.