Questions for Admins/Mods

Anything important goes on the bulletin board, including the rules and guidelines.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

SirWhit wrote:Clarification:

To change your email address associated with your account, go to the User Control Panel, click Profile, click Account Settings in the sub-menu, then enter in your new email address. It will not deactivate your account.
Welllll, it used to deactivate user's accounts back in "Ye olden days." But you young whippersnappers weren't around then.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Eanrin
Chocolate Chip

Why is the Soda Shop Gamer Connections thread stickied? It has only amassed two pages of replies in the 2+ years of its existence, and the last reply was in April. :?
I fled Him, down the nights and down the days;
I fled Him, down the arches of the years;
I fled Him, down the labyrinthine ways of my own mind;
and in the mist of tears I hid from Him
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Eanrin wrote:Why is the Soda Shop Gamer Connections thread stickied? It has only amassed two pages of replies in the 2+ years of its existence, and the last reply was in April. :?
Because it was requested to be so.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Eanrin
Chocolate Chip

Can I request for my Bigfoot sightings thread to be stickied? \:D/
All jokes aside, and I say this with no disrespect for the admins' decisions, but is there actually a legitimate reason other than a personal request that this defunct thread is stickied?
I fled Him, down the nights and down the days;
I fled Him, down the arches of the years;
I fled Him, down the labyrinthine ways of my own mind;
and in the mist of tears I hid from Him
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Eanrin wrote:but is there actually a legitimate reason other than a personal request that this defunct thread is stickied?
When it was made, the intent was that it would be a place for those who did multi-player games to find and play with their Soda Shop Friends. Thus it was stickied so that it would be a quick place to go to and find your SS gaming friends. As it never took off, it's probably pointless for it to be stickied now.
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

What dose stickied mean?
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Katie10 wrote:What dose stickied mean?
Stickied means that a topic has had a setting put on it, that makes it "stuck" as one of the top posts on the forum. For example, the prayer requests thread is stickied in the chapel, and will always be at the top:

Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

That makes sense thanks!
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Ooh, since when do we have an “I certify I don’t have a duplicate account” box? Belle isn’t playing games.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Since I added one. It's mainly aimed towards new registrations but it does show up for you guys under the UCP.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Tea Ess wrote:Ooh, since when do we have an “I certify I don’t have a duplicate account” box? Belle isn’t playing games.
Only board games. Which I usually win at.
Tsukuyomi
Cookies & Creme

I haven't seen the aforementioned box yet, but... may I ask why it was added? Just curious.
~Two of your five a day~.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Tsukuyomi wrote:I haven't seen the aforementioned box yet, but... may I ask why it was added? Just curious.
Because as stated in the rules, duplicate accounts are not allowed.
Scientific Guy
Cookies & Creme

Belle wrote:
Tsukuyomi wrote:I haven't seen the aforementioned box yet, but... may I ask why it was added? Just curious.
Because as stated in the rules, duplicate accounts are not allowed.
He he.. he he... *AHEM ISAIAH THE OX*
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

As far as I am aware, Isaiah the Ox does not currently hold any duplicate accounts.
Scientific Guy
Cookies & Creme

SirWhit wrote:As far as I am aware, Isaiah the Ox does not currently hold any duplicate accounts.
Isn't Isaiah the Ox a troll account that Countess (Miss Friendship) uses? Wouldn't that count as a duplicate?
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Um. No...? They're two completely seperate people, they just like to mess with you.
Scientific Guy
Cookies & Creme

SirWhit wrote:Um. No...? They're two completely seperate people, they just like to mess with you.
But... it... the... http://odysseyscoop.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3306
Da... what am I... supposed to believe...?
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

SirWhit wrote:they just like to mess with you.
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Scientific Guy wrote:
SirWhit wrote:Um. No...? They're two completely seperate people, they just like to mess with you.
But... it... the... http://odysseyscoop.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3306
Da... what am I... supposed to believe...?
:lol: :lol: :clap:
SirWhit wrote:
SirWhit wrote:they just like to mess with you.
Someone here knows what's up. :twisted:
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker