Introduce yourself!

Anything important goes on the bulletin board, including the rules and guidelines.
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

That's because FB, in essence, really is a message board...

But wait, you're not Arem? I thought that was her new name? Who are you on the CF board?
"I strive to be an Elephant" - Odyssey Fan Wiley
Odysseygirl101
Cookies & Creme
Location: Somewhere between Oz, Marus, Burke, Atlantis, Narnia, Tatooine, Chewandswallow, Avonlea, and Odyssey

Hi, I'm Odysseygirl101! My sister and I have been listening to Odyssey since we were 5 and 7. (We're 13 and 11 now, I'm 13.) We LOVE AIO!!!!
Oz the Great and Powerful is Great and Powerful!!!!
Whittifer
Raspberry Ripple

Great to have you!
Nothing.
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Odysseygirl101 wrote:Hi, I'm Odysseygirl101! My sister and I have been listening to Odyssey since we were 5 and 7. (We're 13 and 11 now, I'm 13.) We LOVE AIO!!!!
Hey Odysseygirl! I know this is a little late, but welcome to SS! I recently fasted the SS, so I didn't get to see any posts from you until now! I look forward to seeing you around here, and I'm sure you'll love it! This is easily the best AIO message board for a huge Odyssey fan like you.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

Greetings. I am Arkán Dreamwalker, usually just called Arkán. I am the newest member as of August 8th 2012. I think listing my nicknames may be an effective and entertaining way to describe myself, so how about we try that. :)
1: Cat. I gained this nickname from being catlike: "dignified", "agile", "observant" and "magical" are the words that best describe cats. This nickname includes all the others. "Cat" was largely derived from my recoveries, while mountain biking I would crash and stick a leg out, land running, let the bike crash while I stayed behind, or whatever, coming out of the crash unscathed. This led to comments by my bike teammates such as: "Whoa, nice recovery." "Like a cat." I am also very adapt at climbing and such.
2: Gray. This is from being a middle man, it shows my ability to see both sides. The grass may be greener on the other side of the fence, but I've always liked it on top of the fence myself. (Which is not to be confused with fence-sitting, I most certainly side. Although I never side until I have researched everything. Therefore you can usually trust my opinion on anything important.) Also grey is an accurate description, Mary mother of Jesus was the only white human there was(Except for Jesus, he is God, and Adam and Eve were sinless until they sinned I think.). "Gray" additionally shows that I can blend into any background, and will sometimes stand to the side. I think it would have been better to have stayed out of World War II, what more could we ask for than two terrible evils (Hitler and Stalin) wearing each other down? Instead we joined evil Stalin (Who killed more than Hitler ever did) and made the lesser evil the greater; resulting in fear of Russians, fear of spys and very nearly the elimination of mankind by nuclear destruction (the Cold War). Thank God that was defused peacefully, I'm sure that was God's handwork. <<< That shows that I can tend to get off on a tangent.
3: The Magic Man. I got this because I am a Magician. I do a wide variety of Magic Tricks, and many different people will call me that.

Some more facts, I am politically incorrect, I know a lot most other people don't. I am Roman Catholic. Indestructibly Roman Catholic. I am an Odyssey fan, I got the first ever set, it was on tape, called the Early Classics. I was very young, and I had never heard of Odyssey, and ever since then I have liked them very much. I didn't know about the fan stuff and websites until recently, hitherto I have just listened to the episodes and enjoyed them and the bonus features.

*Further details on anything can be obtained by contacting the author.
~ Walker in Dreams
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Well it's nice to meet you, Arkán.

You have quite a history with your nicknames. I have a few myself, but naming them would mean posting too much personal information online. So you mountain bike competively? My dad used to when he was younger and lived by hills, but here the biggest hill is on a golf course and is ten feet down.

Well, I definitely disagree with you on World War II, but it's been a while since I've read up on this. There was unspeakable evil happening across Europe, and we only joined until the battle came to the fore front our our country. The Cold War is a difficult topic though, and one that I haven't fully made up my mind on.

There I go again. My first post to you probably shouldn't include a direct disagreement, but that's the way Pound Foolish started ( ;) ), so I guess it's not that bad. Anyway, Pound Foolish is also Roman Catholic..

Welcome to the Soda Shop. It's great to have you here!
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

Yes, mountain bike racing. And what a sport that is. :D
Direct disagreement is fine with me, I love a debate! And being so giftedly informed, politically incorrect and all, I am usually in direct disagreement with someone else. Oh, here is something else I should add to my Intro.
I try to teach. Here is a quotation:
Tarian: Suppose it does. Then, since we disagree about that issue, let us agree to differ, but let us not impose our values on each other.
Socrates: That is another of your favorite clichés that I have never been able to comprehend. Surely you do not mean that we should not try to convince each other of the truth of our beliefs?
Tarian: Why couldn’t I mean just that? I don’t like proselytism.
Socrates: If we honestly believe what we say is true, why should we deprive each other of this great good?

~The Unaborted Socrates
By Peter Kreeft
When I say disagree with someone it does not mean I am trying to win an argument but enlighten that someone. If I say something is a bad view, belief, or concept, I am not saying the person is bad, just the idea. I am not saying the person is stupid, just misinformed and I am happy to inform them. We should always be searching for truth wherever it is found. And if I am wrong about something, I am glad to informed. To many people these days hold on to an idea so stubbornly that they won't give it up even if they are proved wrong.
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

That is a great quote, and is very true.

A debater! There are at least two people here who are happy to hear that! In 'General Discussion', there is a topic called 'The Debating Thread', with everything from Harry Potter to Americas relationship with Israel. Unfortunately, I am probably not as informed as you.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Hello, Arkan! It's good to have you here, and your nicknames sound - interesting. I don't really have any nicknames myself, however. It sounds like you and T.S. will be getting along quite well! Well, he gets along with everyone on here, I suppose.
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

I shall always be friendly towards T.S. because he was the first to welcome me.
~ Walker in Dreams
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Hmm... You're basing who you're friendly towards by when or if they give you a nice welcome?
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

No. Just he has won my affection. One feels lonely going into a site full of strangers. [Just where does one get an avatar?]
~ Walker in Dreams
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Ha ha! 'One' gets an avatar by going to the User Control Panel and clicking on Profile and then clicking on Avatar and then uploading an awesome picture of themselves or someone else.
Andromeda
Vanilla

I am eleven years old. My sister is Odysseygirl101!!
Andromeda
I am a proud member of the 101 club
Odysseygirl101 is my sister!
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Hello, Andromeda! Welcome to SS! I'm eleven as well, and so is Wooton. I look forward to seeing you around!
Kaida
Fudge Marble

CT101, you're eleven?? Wow! You seem older... at times.

-- Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:13 am --

Oh and welcome Andromeda! :D
Pleased to have you here
Isaiah 40:8, 1 Corinthians 10:31
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

Hello Andromeda! Nice to have you! Hope you have lots of fun around here.=)
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Fantastic name, fun avatar, and good to have you!
Yes, Mr. Thinker does seem older than he is... I on the other hand, seem to be eleven when I'm really 17... NOW THAT'S SOMETHING TO PROUD OF!
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Kaida
Fudge Marble

Exactly what I was thinkin' Wooton!
Isaiah 40:8, 1 Corinthians 10:31
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Hmm... I'm kind of surprised that you are all stating that I seem older than I am, considering I'm definitely not the most mature 11-year old that I know! Maybe the strangest, and funniest, but not the most mature!