Questions for Admins/Mods

Anything important goes on the bulletin board, including the rules and guidelines.
321tumbler
Caramel Crunch

Or is he just a part of your coverup so that you don't have to admit your misdeeds?
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

321tumbler wrote:Or is he just a part of your coverup so that you don't have to admit your misdeeds?
I haven't really been known to be ashamed of my misdeeds, but lets not rule out any theory. :wacky:
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

Can you add :goomba:, :bolt:,:lolsign:,:margro:,:flame:,:explode:, and :flyingpig:. We need them!!
Also what is Baidu (Spider)
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Agent.MontyWhittaker wrote:Can you add :goomba:, :bolt:,:lolsign:,:margro:,:flame:,:explode:, and :flyingpig:. We need them!!
Also what is Baidu (Spider)
Cause people don't already overuse the smilies we have. Lol..

We'll see.

As far as Baidu (Spider), it appears to be a bot.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
CraftyViolinist
Caramel Crunch

Could you add a heart emoji?
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

If we had a chat party for the Soda Shop’s 7th anniversary this year, could it be promoted on the board?
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Scientific Guy
Cookies & Creme

Hey mods, srschmidt2013 has been trying to create an account. Do you know if there's a problem on the site or on her end?
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Scientific Guy wrote:Hey mods, srschmidt2013 has been trying to create an account. Do you know if there's a problem on the site or on her end?
Whoops, there is no problem, just that the site doesn't send us notifications of new users that have applied for accounts, so I have to manually check and I am always forgetting.

However, I don't see anyone by that username who is in the inactive users? Has she been able to create an account but just not log on, or not even create an account?
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Scientific Guy
Cookies & Creme

Belle wrote:Has she been able to create an account but just not log on, or not even create an account?
Here's her message to me:
srschmidt2013 wrote:This is a bit of a long shot, but I'm hoping you can help me. I've been trying to register for an account on The Soda Shop Message Board, and I am not able to successfully log in yet, nor have I received an email regarding confirming the account. The site says to contact the administrator, but I'm not able to find any contact information. I know some of you are on there--Do you happen to know who I could contact to get my account approved?
She's on AIOWiki as Byebyebrownie if that helps.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Scientific Guy wrote: She's on AIOWiki as Byebyebrownie if that helps.
I did just activate a user with the name Byebyebrownie! She should be all set now.
ByeByeBrownie
Strawberry

Thanks so much, Belle and Scientific Guy! :)

-- Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:54 pm --

This is maybe a super dumb question: How do I change the ice cream flavor that appears with my username and information on posts?
Shiyanne Rylie Steele

Buck and Jules Shipper
Wooton is the best character on Odyssey ever. Fight me.

"It's not that we don't make sense, it's that we have a different way of looking at things that do make sense." ~Wooton Bassett
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

ByeByeBrownie wrote: This is maybe a super dumb question: How do I change the ice cream flavor that appears with my username and information on posts?
Great question! The ice cream flavor is your current "rank" on the board. It changes depending on how many total posts you have on the board. After Vanilla is Strawberry, then Chocolate, and so on. :)
ByeByeBrownie
Strawberry

Belle wrote:
ByeByeBrownie wrote: This is maybe a super dumb question: How do I change the ice cream flavor that appears with my username and information on posts?
Great question! The ice cream flavor is your current "rank" on the board. It changes depending on how many total posts you have on the board. After Vanilla is Strawberry, then Chocolate, and so on. :)
Oh, cool! I was thinking that was maybe the case, but I wasn't sure. :) Thanks!!
Shiyanne Rylie Steele

Buck and Jules Shipper
Wooton is the best character on Odyssey ever. Fight me.

"It's not that we don't make sense, it's that we have a different way of looking at things that do make sense." ~Wooton Bassett
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

Greetings, Soda Shop Admins/Mods. I just noticed the following message on the SS:
We will be going offline Sunday, August 15, beginning at 1:00 am ET for maintenance.
I was just wondering how long can we expect it to be offline? Will there be any major changes being made? And most importantly, what are we supposed to do while it's down? ;)

-- Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:12 am --

Never mind, it looks like it was just down overnight and is back again. Phew!
-Signed, PolehausFifty-three

Member of The Emily Rules Klub (est. 2012)

“We have it translated in every language: (กฎของเอมิลี่, Emily es la mejor, 艾米莉规则, Emily Quy tắc!, エミリーは最高です, emilyyay ulesray!, Эмили Правила!, Emily é a melhor, एमिली नियम!, Emily est la meilleure!, إميلي هي الأفضل!, Emily Kuralları!, אמילי שולטת!, Emily Regeln!, 에밀리 담당!, Si Emily ang pinakamahusay!, എമിലി രാജ്ഞിയാണ്!, એમિલી નિયમો!) that Emily RULES!”~The E.R.K.
Eugene
Vanilla

Oh! I missed this question. Yes, I took the forum offline just overnight for updates, maintenance, and to try to fix some issues we've been having with posting. :yes:

That last issue was partially fixed; longer posts seem to be working now. But there are still some weird cases where server errors are being encountered, so it still needs further work. I'm slowly working on it and hopefully it'll be all sorted out soonly! :wacky:

So to answer your questions...
Polehaus53 wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:25 pm
I was just wondering how long can we expect it to be offline?
Already answered... :noway:
Polehaus53 wrote:
Will there be any major changes being made?
Not immediately after that down time. But it enabled me to do things later. Like today I made updates to the style to fix spacing in the dropdown menus AND added support for the Who Was Here extension, so I enabled that too. :mad: BAM! New feature.
Polehaus53 wrote:
And most importantly, what are we supposed to do while it's down? ;)
Well, it looks like the crisis was averted!! \:D/
aka Bird

"Don't fuss with me."
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

Thanks for answering my questions, Eugene! Your work is much appreciated. :yes: The new "Who Was Here" feature is pretty cool. \:D/
-Signed, PolehausFifty-three

Member of The Emily Rules Klub (est. 2012)

“We have it translated in every language: (กฎของเอมิลี่, Emily es la mejor, 艾米莉规则, Emily Quy tắc!, エミリーは最高です, emilyyay ulesray!, Эмили Правила!, Emily é a melhor, एमिली नियम!, Emily est la meilleure!, إميلي هي الأفضل!, Emily Kuralları!, אמילי שולטת!, Emily Regeln!, 에밀리 담당!, Si Emily ang pinakamahusay!, എമിലി രാജ്ഞിയാണ്!, એમિલી નિયમો!) that Emily RULES!”~The E.R.K.
Patterson
Strawberry

Could there be a subfolder thing on episode study for AiO Club Exclusives? It would make it a lot easier for non-club members to find the mainstream Odyssey episodes to discuss. Especially considering that club members get to listen to mainstream episodes months in advance, so the new mainstream episode topics sometimes get a little buried.
Bren
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough

Your wish has been granted.

Secret Society
Your membership into the Adventures in Odyssey Club grants you a special key! Here is the place to discuss all of the club exclusive episodes.

Spoiler Loft
Only enter if you dare! Spoilers of any and all types may be present here as we discuss episodes that have not yet aired on the radio.