Avery Awards 2022

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

Avery Awards 2022

Voting for the Avery Awards for Albums 71: A Slippery Slope and 72: The Long Road Home is now open! Go to the latest episode of the Official Adventures in Odyssey Podcast to vote!

We've got a few categories this year. Sadly, there are no new special categories similar to "Best Bogus News Story" or "Lesson Learned-est Moment" this year like there have been in previous Averies. :(
But be sure to cast your vote for the following categories:
Best Actress
Favorite Stoyline
Best Sound Design
Best Actor
Best Script
Best Scene
Best Overall Episode

Also, there are two questions where you can write a response regarding what you liked and didn't like about the albums, so be sure to fill that out as well!

Anyone voted yet? What nominations do you think deserve to win awards? Any theories on who you think will win? Let's discuss!

Previous Avery Awards Threads:
2021 | 2020 | 2018 | 2017 | Earlier
-Signed, PolehausFifty-three

Member of The Emily Rules Klub (est. 2012)

“We have it translated in every language: (กฎของเอมิลี่, Emily es la mejor, 艾米莉规则, Emily Quy tắc!, エミリーは最高です, emilyyay ulesray!, Эмили Правила!, Emily é a melhor, एमिली नियम!, Emily est la meilleure!, إميلي هي الأفضل!, Emily Kuralları!, אמילי שולטת!, Emily Regeln!, 에밀리 담당!, Si Emily ang pinakamahusay!, എമിലി രാജ്ഞിയാണ്!, એમિલી નિયમો!) that Emily RULES!”~The E.R.K.
ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

After looking through the nominations and voting, I can genuinely say that I have no idea what will win this year. The nominations appear to be a war between the Olivia Arc and "As Buck Would Have It." It is probably safe to assume that Club members produce a large portion of the votes, and from what I have seen, they are generally big fans of Buck and Jules stories. However, I do believe the Club members also enjoyed the Olivia arc. The question is, which did they like better? For that reason, I find it difficult to predict what will win each category.

All my votes except one went to the Olivia arc, so I look forward to seeing if any of them win.
"Next up, Mark Morgan's message to all math maniacs in the middle school is meaningful if you mingle by the mezzanine for a momentous mix of methodological mayhem and a menagerie of multiplicative inversions. Ha ha ha! I bet I could say this backwards. Inversions multiplicative of menagerie a and mayhem methodological..."
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

A little late, but the results were released a while back!

I am in shock that Shona Rodman and Robby Bruce didn’t win the awards for best actress/actor! I’m glad that Kelly Stables won best actress, she did an excellent job playing Olivia in these albums. However, it seems as though all the other awards went to “As Buck Would Have It” episodes. I had hoped that “The Lost One” would win Best Overall Episode, though. Oh, well. As a whole, I think that the results for this year turned out better than they did last year, so I won’t complain too much.

With the award results being better than last time, let’s talk about the show itself. This year’s ceremony was pretty fun! Firefighter Rudy continues to make his appearances in the Avery Awards here, but we see that he inadvertently is the cause of what goes on here with his radioactive chemicals. I thought the whole plot of Jesse being a villain and Bob becoming a superhero was great. Both of them had some lines and moments which were absolutely amazing. Jesse’s League of Diminutive Dialogue for revenge on behalf of all the side minor characters who have only had one-time appearances (including himself) was pretty funny. I loved all the references to different episodes, actors, writers, movies and the self-references to Odyssey and Focus on the Family itself. :lol: I liked Paul McCusker’s brief appearance, Phil Lollar’s role, Katie Leigh’s words of advice at the end, and just about everything else about the ceremony. It was all very well-written. :clap:
I think this is the only Official Podcast where we have actual violence, with Bob and Jesse battling it out in the studio and actually punching and throwing each other around. The part where Dave Arnold gives a warning to all listeners in the same way that he does parental warnings was absolutely hilarious! I couldn’t stop laughing. :lol:

Overall, I think this was a good edition of the Avery Awards! I look forward to next year’s Avery Awards ceremony.
-Signed, PolehausFifty-three

Member of The Emily Rules Klub (est. 2012)

“We have it translated in every language: (กฎของเอมิลี่, Emily es la mejor, 艾米莉规则, Emily Quy tắc!, エミリーは最高です, emilyyay ulesray!, Эмили Правила!, Emily é a melhor, एमिली नियम!, Emily est la meilleure!, إميلي هي الأفضل!, Emily Kuralları!, אמילי שולטת!, Emily Regeln!, 에밀리 담당!, Si Emily ang pinakamahusay!, എമിലി രാജ്ഞിയാണ്!, એમિલી નિયમો!) that Emily RULES!”~The E.R.K.
Bob
Caramel Crunch

I listened to this yesterday, and I admit that I enjoyed it more than any of the other AIO podcasts that I remember. It was so good that I like it and have re-listened to it multiple times even though I don't agree with most of the real results. (Maybe the plot softened my impression of it, since Dr. Diminutive was changing them. ;) )

Technically, all of the other awards weren't from Buck's episodes, since Whit Hertford won "Best Actor" for "Please Adjust Your Frequency". Although I didn't vote for him, it was a good performance in a good episode and I don't have a real problem with that.

Although I think the results overrated the Buck three-parter in comparison to Olivia's arc, which was generationally great, it's not as bad as it could have been; at least the Rydells were shut out.
A classic never goes out of style.