The Album 70 Q and A Podcast

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!
ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

The Album 70 Q and A Podcast

It's out! Go and listen to it! :)

We got a lot of information about upcoming episodes and characters from this podcast. For example, info on the 'snow' episodes, what will happen in some Album 71 episodes, which characters may or may not return, an Album 72 Buck-and-Jules three-parter, news that Jillian will be absent for two albums...

What do you all think of this new info? Any new theories?
"Next up, Mark Morgan's message to all math maniacs in the middle school is meaningful if you mingle by the mezzanine for a momentous mix of methodological mayhem and a menagerie of multiplicative inversions. Ha ha ha! I bet I could say this backwards. Inversions multiplicative of menagerie a and mayhem methodological..."
djchatswithu
Cookies & Creme

First up, I kind of liked the slightly 'laid back' approach to the podcast, it really sounded like they were just sitting around having fun. it's interesting to know that Richard Maxwell was considered for 'the long end' as well as Whit. also, I figured the 'snow' episodes would have to be related, due to the way the titles worked. I would have been a bit confused if they weren't one story. I was a bit surprised by the question about Jack, but then some people may not have heard the news about Alan yet.

Now they said they weren't sure how to bring Leonard back due to Phil Proctor also voicing detective Polhuase, but they sound as similar as Bart and Tom, both played by Walker Edmonston, and then they've had Earl Boen play Edwin and Regis, who sound almost identical (yes I do know they're twins) I didn't even know until I looked it up a few years back that Phil played both characters, because they sound different enough.
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

This was a fun podcast to listen to. And yes, TONS of information was released!

First off, I am very happy that the release dates for Album 71 were finally announced! Everyone can now mark their calendars. I look forward to hearing it.
djchatswithu wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:56 am
it's interesting to know that Richard Maxwell was considered for 'the long end' as well as Whit.
I was surprised at this as well. It was very encouraging to hear. I think the fact that the AIO Team recently considered bringing him back proves that there's still hope for Maxwell returning to Odyssey at some point. :pray:
djchatswithu wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:56 am
they said they weren't sure how to bring Leonard back due to Phil Proctor also voicing detective Polhuase, but they sound as similar as Bart and Tom, both played by Walker Edmonston, and then they've had Earl Boen play Edwin and Regis, who sound almost identical (yes I do know they're twins) I didn't even know until I looked it up a few years back that Phil played both characters, because they sound different enough.
I agree, you bring up excellent points. I also initially didn't know that both characters were played by the same actor until I heard an old podcast where they mentioned this fact.
When they spoke of Leonard Meltsner returning, they acted as though it was a huge problem that Phil Proctor is currently voicing Detective Polehaus. I was quite confused when the team said this. Why is that a problem? Is there some rule that Leonard has to speak to Detective Polehaus if he returns? They don't have to make Detective Polehaus meet Leonard if they think the voices sound too similar. :? And anyway, I don't think they sound alike.
ASmouseInTheHouse wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:35 am
news that Jillian will be absent for two albums...
I can imagine all the fans who dislike Jillian jumping for joy at this news: "Jillian Marshall will be absent for albums 71 and 72! YAY!"
Jillian is a very controversial character. Personally, I'm very interested in hearing what the AIO team plans to do with Jillian. I plan to create a topic for Jillian Marshall discussion at some point.

I have more thoughts, but I'll need to hear the podcast again. :)
-Signed, PolehausFifty-three

Member of The Emily Rules Klub (est. 2012)

“We have it translated in every language: (กฎของเอมิลี่, Emily es la mejor, 艾米莉规则, Emily Quy tắc!, エミリーは最高です, emilyyay ulesray!, Эмили Правила!, Emily é a melhor, एमिली नियम!, Emily est la meilleure!, إميلي هي الأفضل!, Emily Kuralları!, אמילי שולטת!, Emily Regeln!, 에밀리 담당!, Si Emily ang pinakamahusay!, എമിലി രാജ്ഞിയാണ്!, એમિલી નિયમો!) that Emily RULES!”~The E.R.K.