Have Your Deepest Desires/Predictions Ever Come True?

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!
Monica Stone
Caramel Crunch

Have Your Deepest Desires/Predictions Ever Come True?

As a fan, it's natural to want certain things from our favorite characters and storylines. Maybe you've been pushing for a character to receive closure, return after a long absence (*stares longingly at my own username*), or just get a happy ending. Or maybe you've been enjoying a storyline and hope it turns out thrillingly and thus you make predictions you cheer for. Whatever it is, we've all wanted thing from Adventures in Odyssey. Have you ever had any of your deepest desires for the show cone true? Or perhaps you accurately predicted a storyline or event and are ecstatic you are correct. Have you had any kind of prediction or want, both major or minor, come true?

I used to be a huge Buck and Jules shipper (starting when I was still in the target age demographic and I heard "The Ties That Bind") and when I discovered both Robby Bruce and Shona Rodman had amazing singing voices, I was pushing for a duet. Anytime there was the potential for a musical episode, I would immediately hope Buck and Jules would sing a duet. It's what my little shipper heart wanted terribly. Plus, I've always been a sucker for duets. You can imagine my disappointment when "Icky and Kat and Balty and Bones" had both actors in singing roles but not singing together. I recently located a meme dated to January 2, 2019 where I lamented how desperately I wanted a duet. In August 2020, I finally got it...but by that time I stopped shipping the characters. It's still a beautiful duet that I love listening to it from time to time, but it doesn't do anything for me from a shipping perspective. :lol:

I can't wait to hear your guys' stories. \:D/
Be the reason someone smiles today.
MasterLink4eva
Strawberry
Location: The Warner Bros. Water Tower with Yakko, Wakko, and Dot.

Yes...

Wooton and Penny got married❤️❤️❤️
Wooton: Penny?
Penny: Yes?
Wooton: Will you marry me?
Penny: *gasp* WHAAAAAAAT?!?!?! O.o
THIS MOMENT MEANT THE WORLD TO ME :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:
I love Rueben :)
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

Excellent topic, Monica Stone!
One of them I can remember involved Jay Smouse. I was very sad when Jay left for Hollywood and stopped appearing in episodes for a long time. I hoped that he would come back and even wrote fanfiction about it. You can imagine my excitement when Jay returned to the show in the Club episodes “There and Back Again” and later returned to Odyssey in “Sir Buddy’s Snowy Day”. To this day, I am very pleased that Jay is alive and well and is back appearing in episodes.
Apart from that, I can’t think of many others. Not many of my predictions have come true (yet). I’ve had plenty of predictions that were completely debunked, though! :lol:

There have been lots of other people whose predictions and desires came true. I was looking through some old topics here on the Soda Shop and found there have been some predictions that have become realities. Check these out:

In the topic “AIO’s Future”, someone suggested Eugene and Katrina adopt Buck, and here’s the conversation that took place:
Doublem wrote:
Thu May 10, 2012 11:55 am
Aaron Wiley wrote:
EPPD wrote:What happened to Buck Oliver? He just like dissapeared to jail.
Maybe Eugene & Katrina will adopt Buck. You think?

Anyone with me on this? :)
I could possibly see that, or at least fostering him for a while.
I hope not. Buck & Eugene = Trouble. :|
Aaron Wiley wrote:
Thu May 10, 2012 12:22 pm
Doublem wrote: I hope not. Buck & Eugene = Trouble. :|
Which would make for some interesting episodes, don't you think? Conflict is what makes life interesting.
They predicted it!! :mad: This was in 2012, years before the Odyssey team planned Buck’s return in album 58! :mad:

Later in that topic, the members expressed their desires for Whit’s End Connellsville:
Wretched Sinner wrote:
Tue May 15, 2012 8:25 pm
Jason wrote:
Wooton Bassett wrote:
I think Ed Washington is running it.
The last we heard Ed Washington is the manager, but we haven't heard from that shop since the hiatus.
I sure hope it comes back soon.
This happened some years later, in the album 65 episode “The Toy”. Another prediction which actually took place in the show (even if it came back for only one episode)! \:D/

And of course, in several other places on the Soda Shop, I saw people wishing that Wooton and Penny to get married, which is now a reality. :)

Although not many of my predictions that I can remember have become reality, it is fun to read the predictions of others that came true. I'm sure there are tons of others across different Odyssey websites.
-Signed, PolehausFifty-three

Member of The Emily Rules Klub (est. 2012)

“We have it translated in every language: (กฎของเอมิลี่, Emily es la mejor, 艾米莉规则, Emily Quy tắc!, エミリーは最高です, emilyyay ulesray!, Эмили Правила!, Emily é a melhor, एमिली नियम!, Emily est la meilleure!, إميلي هي الأفضل!, Emily Kuralları!, אמילי שולטת!, Emily Regeln!, 에밀리 담당!, Si Emily ang pinakamahusay!, എമിലി രാജ്ഞിയാണ്!, એમિલી નિયમો!) that Emily RULES!”~The E.R.K.
cheesesoup123
Chocolate Chip

MasterLink4eva wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:58 pm
Yes...

Wooton and Penny got married❤️❤️❤️
Oh yes, that one was one of my wishes too.
Read my fan fiction
\:D/ \:D/ :yes: :yes: \:D/ \:D/ :wacky:
ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

The most notable one of mine had to do with Mr. Skint's return.

Soon after I first started listening to AIO, I had heard Albums 53, 58, 59, etc. This resulted in me writing a very bad fanfiction about Mr. Skint returning in 2016. In it, Skint was trying to steal a valuable Sleuth Family Robinson comic book from Wooton so he could sell it for a large sum (because Wooton had autographed it). But he wasn't alone. I devised a new character named Jake who served as Mr. Skint's partner in crime. However, he caused Skint more trouble than he was worth, by being extremely obvious when following people and being silly enough to ring the Bassett's doorbell before attempting to rob them. :roll:
You can imagine my surprise when Skint returned in 2018/19 with Two-Bits! Two-Bits was similar to Jake in that both were careless with their schemes (though to different degrees). As a result, I am a Two-Bits fan because it feels like I knew him already when he appeared in The Long End. :P
"Next up, Mark Morgan's message to all math maniacs in the middle school is meaningful if you mingle by the mezzanine for a momentous mix of methodological mayhem and a menagerie of multiplicative inversions. Ha ha ha! I bet I could say this backwards. Inversions multiplicative of menagerie a and mayhem methodological..."
djchatswithu
Cookies & Creme

ASmouseInTheHouse wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:34 pm
The most notable one of mine had to do with Mr. Skint's return.

Soon after I first started listening to AIO, I had heard Albums 53, 58, 59, etc. This resulted in me writing a very bad fanfiction about Mr. Skint returning in 2016. In it, Skint was trying to steal a valuable Sleuth Family Robinson comic book from Wooton so he could sell it for a large sum (because Wooton had autographed it). But he wasn't alone. I devised a new character named Jake who served as Mr. Skint's partner in crime. However, he caused Skint more trouble than he was worth, by being extremely obvious when following people and being silly enough to ring the Bassett's doorbell before attempting to rob them. :roll:
You can imagine my surprise when Skint returned in 2018/19 with Two-Bits! Two-Bits was similar to Jake in that both were careless with their schemes (though to different degrees). As a result, I am a Two-Bits fan because it feels like I knew him already when he appeared in The Long End. :P
Between 53 and 66 I ended up coming up with about a few different ways it could have happened:
1, Katrina falls pregnant and Skint tries to lure buck away telling him that he was just a 'substitute" kid for them. when this fails a now mentally unstable skint decides that if the meltsners can take Buck away from him then he'll take away their unborn child, and kidnaps Katrina to do so, only for Buck and Eugene to stop him and rush Katrina to the hospital to give birth.
2, Similar to the first where Everett comes to live with his brother and sister in law, and skint tries to make buck feel left out, but instead Buck bonds with Everett due to their somewhat similar pasts.
3, skint hires someone else to get buck back and get revenge on the Meltsners for taking him, only for skint to ask the meltsners for help when he is double crossed and buck's life is threatened.
Then after the album 66 art was released:
As the meltsner family launch a rocket in McAllister park, Skint tries to grab buck, but jumps Eugene by mistake and quickly tries to escape, only for Euegne to spray perfume in Skint's face, knocking him out. Eugene reveals the perfume was a failed experiment to make a new scent, which he explains 'has a stronger effect than the first time I tried'.

one of my AIO desires is that the team would explain how Tom died, he was such a major character, couldn't they say somewhere, "oh, well this is what happened" It would mean a lot to know what happened, was it just old age? did he have a heart attack? some kind of accident (did he hurt himself falling off that ladder in album 50 and not realize until it was too late)? Please, I can't hear walkers voice anymore without wondering!!
Patterson
Strawberry

Harlow is an all time favorite character of mine and I really wanted him to come back in some new episodes. But then they put him in The Ties That Bind and he was handled badly. I know he's a hard character to get right, but the writing just felt lazy. Be careful what you wish for, I guess.
Patterson
Strawberry

djchatswithu wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:38 am

As the meltsner family launch a rocket in McAllister park, Skint tries to grab buck, but jumps Eugene by mistake and quickly tries to escape, only for Euegne to spray perfume in Skint's face, knocking him out. Eugene reveals the perfume was a failed experiment to make a new scent, which he explains 'has a stronger effect than the first time I tried'.

one of my AIO desires is that the team would explain how Tom died, he was such a major character, couldn't they say somewhere, "oh, well this is what happened" It would mean a lot to know what happened, was it just old age? did he have a heart attack? some kind of accident (did he hurt himself falling off that ladder in album 50 and not realize until it was too late)? Please, I can't hear walkers voice anymore without wondering!!
Eugene's perfume from The Boy Who Cried Destructo?!! Awesome!

It would be good to get some closure on how Tom died. I honestly think they should have recast him instead. Some voices like Dave Madden as Bernard are truly irreplaceable, but I imagine that they could find a passable Tom if they wanted to.
djchatswithu
Cookies & Creme

greatkindheartedbush wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:15 am
djchatswithu wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:38 am

Eugene's perfume from The Boy Who Cried Destructo?!! Awesome!

It would be good to get some closure on how Tom died. I honestly think they should have recast him instead. Some voices like Dave Madden as Bernard are truly irreplaceable, but I imagine that they could find a passable Tom if they wanted to.
True, if it weren't for already playing a similar sound character (and his accent), I think that david selby could have worked quite well as Tom. it would have been like when Paul replaced Hal as Whit, different, but still recognizable.