2021 AIO Club Bracket Challenge

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

2021 AIO Club Bracket Challenge

I'm a bit late. I meant to make a topic about this a while ago, but I didn't have time.

The Adventures in Odyssey Club is currently having an episode bracket challenge!
In February last year, the Club had one with characters, where each member fills out the bracket and the winners were determined by marbles that were drawn out of a hat. Jimmy Barclay won the challenge. This year, much to my surprise, they are doing a bracket challenge again! This time with episodes.

But there has been a change: This year, the fan's votes determine the winners! A bracket was filled with 32 selected episodes, divided into groups of 8 by genre: comedy, mystery, history, and musical. Every day, starting on March 16, the fans have been voting for their favorite episode in each genre. The episode with the highest percentage of votes advances.

Today, we are currently voting to determine which episodes will make it to the semifinals:

Image I'm going to be very mad if "Suspicious Minds" loses to "Find a Penny".

As can be seen in the picture here, there seems to be a good balance between classic episodes and relaunch episodes.
The contest wraps up in a few days, on March 25.

What does everyone think about the bracket challenge for this year? Has everyone been voting? Which episode do you think will win?
-Signed, PolehausFifty-three

Member of The Emily Rules Klub (est. 2012)

“We have it translated in every language: (กฎของเอมิลี่, Emily es la mejor, 艾米莉规则, Emily Quy tắc!, エミリーは最高です, emilyyay ulesray!, Эмили Правила!, Emily é a melhor, एमिली नियम!, Emily est la meilleure!, إميلي هي الأفضل!, Emily Kuralları!, אמילי שולטת!, Emily Regeln!, 에밀리 담당!, Si Emily ang pinakamahusay!, എമിലി രാജ്ഞിയാണ്!, એમિલી નિયમો!) that Emily RULES!”~The E.R.K.
MasterLink4eva
Strawberry
Location: The Warner Bros. Water Tower with Yakko, Wakko, and Dot.

Yay "Find a Penny" won!!!
Wooton: Penny?
Penny: Yes?
Wooton: Will you marry me?
Penny: *gasp* WHAAAAAAAT?!?!?! O.o
THIS MOMENT MEANT THE WORLD TO ME :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:
I love Rueben :)
ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

Find a Penny beat Suspicious Minds! And now it's beating Do or Diet! :x :( :mad: Well, at least Odyssey Sings looks like a winner so far.... :pray:
"Next up, Mark Morgan's message to all math maniacs in the middle school is meaningful if you mingle by the mezzanine for a momentous mix of methodological mayhem and a menagerie of multiplicative inversions. Ha ha ha! I bet I could say this backwards. Inversions multiplicative of menagerie a and mayhem methodological..."
MasterLink4eva
Strawberry

omigosh there was voting fraud... BU WHO DO I CHOOSE FOR BEST EPISODE?!
THIS MOMENT MEANT THE WORLD TO ME :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

Today is the last day to vote! We are voting between two episodes to choose the champion episode. The two episodes are "Find a Penny" and "Odyssey Sings".

And it looks like there were problems with the voting. This message appeared on the Club last night.
AIO Club wrote: VOTES DISQUALIFIED DUE TO FRAUD

If you voted Tuesday night between 10 p.m. and 11 p.m. EST, we're sorry to report that your vote was declared invalid. The system was compromised during that time. Someone tried to stuff the ballot box late in the process in order to affect the outcome of one of today's matchups.

"This is a pretty sophisticated data tool," Bob noted. "Not only did it alert us to a wild statistical anomaly, but it showed us when it happened and who did it. As for today's results, the only fair way to proceed was to disqualify all votes cast in that window of time, regardless of which episode they were for."

With that in mind, here are the winners from today's semifinal matchups:

"Find a Penny" (51%)
defeats "Do or Diet" (49%)

"Odyssey Sings!" (56%)
defeats "The Underground Railroad" (44%)

To protect the integrity of our championship round between "Find a Penny" and "Odyssey Sings!" (March 24), results will not be available until after all voting has ended.
Who will you vote to be the champisode (champion episode)? I'm definitely choosing "Odyssey Sings!" over "Find a Penny".

Everyone vote for "Odyssey Sings!" \:D/ And let me tell you, I'm going to very very angry if "Find a Penny" wins.

“We have it translated in every language: (กฎของเอมิลี่, Emily es la mejor, 艾米莉规则, Emily Quy tắc!, エミリーは最高です, emilyyay ulesray!, Эмили Правила!, Emily é a melhor, एमिली नियम!, Emily est la meilleure!, إميلي هي الأفضل!, Emily Kuralları!, אמילי שולטת!, Emily Regeln!, 에밀리 담당!, Si Emily ang pinakamahusay!, എമിലി രാജ്ഞിയാണ്!, એમિલી નિયમો!) that Emily RULES!”~The E.R.K.
MasterLink4eva
Strawberry

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(Spoiler Alert!) Find A Penny won!!!!!!! I love this episode SOOOO much and it totally deserves the title of Champisode!!! But Odyssey Sings is and was still amazing, and I'll always love it just as much as Find a Penny!
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

I'm very surprised that "Find A Penny" won by a rather large amount:
AIO Club wrote: Can you believe our tournament is already over? Wow! It seems like Selection Sundae was just eleven days ago. Now all of the votes have been tallied—47,462 to be exact—and it's time to announce the big winner . . .

FINAL (March 24)

"Find a Penny" (66%) defeats "Odyssey Sings!" (34%) to become the 2021 AIOC Bracket Challenge Champisode!
How in the world did "Find A Penny" win by so much?! :x :x :x In my opinion, "Odyssey Sings!" is better and deserved to win. :noway:

Oh, well. No matter the result, this was still a very fun activity to participate in on the Club. I look forward to see if there will be another bracket challenge next year. \:D/
Excuse me while I go sulk in the corner over the loss of "Odyssey Sings".

ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

Find a Penny is a good episode; I heard it last week after some time. The thing is that it's hard to compare Find a Penny to Odyssey Sings (if you ask me). Find a Penny is a thrilling, exciting mystery. Odyssey sings is a musical, hilarious comedy. It really came down to whether the voters preferred mystery or comedy, and I can understand why Find a Penny won.

I wonder if something like this will be done next year, this was fun! :clap:
"Next up, Mark Morgan's message to all math maniacs in the middle school is meaningful if you mingle by the mezzanine for a momentous mix of methodological mayhem and a menagerie of multiplicative inversions. Ha ha ha! I bet I could say this backwards. Inversions multiplicative of menagerie a and mayhem methodological..."
Monica Stone
Caramel Crunch

There were days I missed voting in this, but I voted whenever I could! For some reason, the app would crash sometimes when I tried hitting the link to vote. I am bummed that "Find a Penny" was the ultimate winner. That episode won the Averys a few years ago, so I guess it makes sense but it beat THE CLASSICS like "Do or Diet", "Odyssey Sings!", "Suspicious Minds", and others. I would have thought an episode like "Do or Diet", a universally loved episode, would have won.
Be the reason someone smiles today.
Eugene's Computer
Vanilla

I just feel like "Snow Day" should have gotten more love from the selection committee.