AIO Abbreviations

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

AIO Abbreviations

I love abbreviations. I don't know why, I just do. In the world of Odyssey, there are a lot of abbreviations, and we use them frequently on the S.S. (See, that's an abbreviation!) So this topic is like a guidebook to learn different Odyssey abbreviations. If there's any I haven't covered feel free to post them on here.

Here are some examples:
AIO-Adventures in Odyssey (Duh)
IS-Imagination Station
R.O.C.-Room of Consequence
OS-The Odyssey Scoop
S.S.-Soda Shop Message Boards
ToO-Town of Odyssey
BBP-Boredom Buster Podcast
GRC-Green Ring Conspiracy
TCF-The Ceiling Fan
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

TUOAIOP - The Unofficial Adventures in Odyssey Podcast (as abbreviated by Kevin McCreary)
"I strive to be an Elephant" - Odyssey Fan Wiley
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

Mr. JAW - Mr. John Avery Whittaker.
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

TNT-Twists and Turns
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

E&K Eugene and Katrina
Last edited by Doll on Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

Godsgirl6153 wrote:E&K Eugene and Connie

you mean Katrina
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Wooton Bassett wrote:
Godsgirl6153 wrote:E&K Eugene and Connie

you mean Katrina
OOps! Thanks for catching that! :)
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

JAAIOB - Just Another AIO Blog
JAAIOP - Just Another AIO Podcast
OOCIO - Out of Control in Odyssey
DBD - Darkness Before Dawn
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Peachey Keen
Caramel Crunch

I'm not sure if anyone has posted about this here before. What abbreviations for AIO-related things have you seen or used? Here's a few common ones I've seen.

AIO - Adventures in Odyssey
AIOC - Adventures in Odyssey Club
OAC - Odyssey Adventure Club
DBD - Darkness before Dawn
GRC - Green Ring Conspiracy

Feel free to post more! I'm interested in other ones that I do not know about.
ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

Here are some others I thought of:
IS - Imagination Station and ROC - Room of Consequence, which I use quite often.

Here are some episodes that I abbreviate:
NCW - No Chemistry Whatsoever
TTTB - The Ties That Bind
TTOTT - The Taming of the Two

I've also tried to do this to characters, though I don't know if anyone else does.
JK - Jules Kendall. Problem is, someone could think you're saying 'just kidding'.
BO - Buck Oliver. I do not recommend using this one.
MR - Morrie Rydell.
VK - Vance King.
J - My favorite because you say it the way the actual word is said: Jay.
"Next up, Mark Morgan's message to all math maniacs in the middle school is meaningful if you mingle by the mezzanine for a momentous mix of methodological mayhem and a menagerie of multiplicative inversions. Ha ha ha! I bet I could say this backwards. Inversions multiplicative of menagerie a and mayhem methodological..."
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

I generally don't abbreviate things, but I sometimes do with AIO-related things!

When I download individual AIO episodes onto my computer, the titles are sometimes too long to display and they get cut off. When that happens, I title the file using the episode's initials. I then get into the habit of calling those episodes by their abbreviated names when referring to them.

Here are a few I have:

WBPS - Wooton's Broken Pencil Show
SS - Stubborn Streaks
DD - Do Or Diet
If I had "What Are You Gonna Do with Your Life?" downloaded, it would be abbreviated to: WAYGDWYL O.o
I also tend to refer to the episode "Like A Good Neighbor" as LAGN.

I never abbreviate character names, although I've seen others do it. There is one particular abbreviation that drives me crazy:

RM - Richard Maxwell.

I find this one annoying because I get it confused with AREM and other characters with the same initials. Who is RM referring to? Robert Mitchell? Richard Maxwell? Rachel Mitchell?
Come to think of it, the same goes to any character name abbreviations. :)

(Edit: It looks like there's already a topic for this called "AIO Abbreviations" on page 10 of The Front Counter: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=180. Perhaps this thread can be merged with it?)
-Signed, PolehausFifty-three

Member of The Emily Rules Klub (est. 2012)

“We have it translated in every language: (กฎของเอมิลี่, Emily es la mejor, 艾米莉规则, Emily Quy tắc!, エミリーは最高です, emilyyay ulesray!, Эмили Правила!, Emily é a melhor, एमिली नियम!, Emily est la meilleure!, إميلي هي الأفضل!, Emily Kuralları!, אמילי שולטת!, Emily Regeln!, 에밀리 담당!, Si Emily ang pinakamahusay!, എമിലി രാജ്ഞിയാണ്!, એમિલી નિયમો!) that Emily RULES!”~The E.R.K.