Historical Episodes

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

Historical Episodes

Tell me your favorite historical episode! Bible; American history; world history; take your pick!
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
“No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else.” P.T. Barnum
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

Hmmm, I liked the one where the Washington's have live a week like pioneers or something, can't remember the name! Does it count as a history episode since technically it was in modern times :oops:
Proud K.R.E Member
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

It's "A License to Deprive", and I'd count it, personally. It's a really fun exploration of why knowing and respecting history is important, and it's one of my favorite Washington episodes.

I also like "The American Revelation" (Very Special Episode quality notwithstanding); I'm a sucker for little-known facts about American history. "Bernard and Jeremiah" is also really good; I like that it focuses on perseverance in the face of hardship instead of focusing on Jeremiah 29:11. I may or may not have a quiet adoration for "Something Significant", the one about the history of "Jesus Loves Me", because a. my son is in it and b. it's just a really beautiful episode.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

Wait, Tiger, could you repeat that part about your son??
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Trent DeWhite is my smol nerdy cinnamon roll of a son and I will defend and protect his flawed and virtuous lil cutie self to my dying day.

I don't have a problem. Why do you ask?
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Because...well...never mind...

Ooooh, I like License to Deprive. That one is good.
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

@SirWhit: ? I like License to Deprive, too. Why are you saying because well never mind?

@ TigerShadow: I really like those, too.
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Licence to Deprive is one of my absolute favourites, I quote from it frequently. And I really respect Marshal Younger for writing Abraham's rant on History.

I also like Telemachus and that focuses on a period of History people normally wouldn't think about and it sheds light on the life of early Christians and how their beliefs, ideals, and practices differed and even the conflict that arose. When I was younger it shocked me that God fearing people could condone the cruelty of what happened in the Colosseum, and hearing that prompted me to learn more on the topic.
Last edited by GJFH on Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

Thanks GJFH! I agree with you on Telemachus!
Jo March
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

Have you heard about In Jars Of Clay? P.S. It's a episode about a social worker smuggling kids out of the ghetto in Warsaw.
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

YES!!! I'm so excited for that episode! I've always wanted them to do a WWII episode more focused on Europe instead of just the war side of things. (Like the episodes about Whit fighting)
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
AuntSarah
Caramel Crunch

HI KATE its me
I don't remember what it was called but it was about the under ground railroad i have the CD somewhere but i can't find it :? the last time i listened to it was 6 years ago in my car O.o
Last edited by AuntSarah on Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aha suh dude
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

I forgot about that one! One of my top favorites! It’s called “The Underground Railroad”; it’s a three-parter.
Jo March
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Sergeant York is incredible. World War I (and the respective "Great Century" preceding it) is my favorite period of modern world history. This era has been sadly deferred from detailed study in modern society. Alvin York is also one of the greatest American military heroes. His bravery, even aside from his marksmanship, is truly of historical proportions. As some of you have expressed about WWII, a civilian-themed WWI episode would be amazing.

Also The Jubilee Singers and the episode with Reginald Duffield.

The theme song of the movie Rocky III. (1982)
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

Oh yeah! I can quote from both the jubilee singers and sergeant York. 2 of my faves!
Jo March
Baron von Odyssey
Cookies & Creme

Recently listened to "Bernard and Esther" and, as of two days ago, it is officially one of my favorites. \:D/
"Greetings. Name's Baron Von Odyssey. My card."
(Card: [Baron von Odyssey - writer, book lover, fairytale enthusiast, and AIO fan])
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My posts are awesome! You wanna know why?
BECAUSE I'M BATMAN!!
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Sergeant York! 82 Airborne. All American Division! Yeah, I'm a nerd. Other than that the Underground Railroad for obvious reasons. I like historical episode more than the regular episode.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Didi
Cookies & Creme

Alex Jefferson wrote:Have you heard about In Jars Of Clay? P.S. It's a episode about a social worker smuggling kids out of the ghetto in Warsaw.
Has that episode come out yet? I looked on OAC and can't find it.
"I was born with white vans on"
"Vans weren't even popular when you were born"
K.R.E.
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

It's coming out next year
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Didi
Cookies & Creme

Alex Jefferson wrote:It's coming out next year
Ah ok. Can't wait.