Adventures in Odyssey - The MOVIE

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

I had no idea who the actors were. I recognized them I just didn't know thier names :)
the Valiant
Caramel Crunch

Obviously, the person who chose those actors watches a lot of BBC(mainly, Doctor Who and Sherlock and I think there's a little Merlin in there). I don't really agree with any of them. They are all okay, I guess. The man chosen for Bernard is crazy! NO stinken WAY. I feel like this girl is just trying to combine her fandoms. Because Josh Hutcherson could never be Tony: 1. He is way to famous to play a small part like Tony now; 2. No, just, no. I can kinda see Dr. Who there being Wooton though...that might be really interesting.
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

Ya that guy for Bernard didn't fit the part!
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Wow, that casting idea is very interesting..... But I think if a bunch of them were in it, the movie would have to be changed a lot and perhaps wouldn't have the squeaky clean Odyssey that we know and love.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Rosy
Cookie Dough

Selena. Gomez. Would. Make. The. Worst. Connie. Ever. End of story.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Joy
Raspberry Ripple

the Valiant wrote: I can kinda see Dr. Who there being Wooton though...that might be really interesting.
I can too. His crazy wacky personality would work out well with Wooton. Matt Smith could totally do Wooton.

And Karen Gillan would be a good Connie. She's freaked out before on Doctor Who, though not as much as Connie would. ;)
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

lets see, Tim Burton would make Connie and Mitch zombies, then he's make Johnny Depp play Whit. Unless you want to see onnie half dressed for the whole movie, Selena would not be a good choice. Peter Jackson and Steven Spielburg are too busy working on Tintin 2.
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

Johnny Depp could not pull off Whit!!!
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Who were all those people? I only recognized Josh Hutcherson and Matt Smith!

And Wooton, Johnny Depp would be an amazing Whit!
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Connie_Kendall
Peanut Butter Cup

i actually think that gatlin green could do pretty well as Connie..... not the BEST, but no one can REALLY pull of Connie :lol: :D
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Please, gag me, Johnny Depp playing Whit??? YUCK!!
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Connie_Kendall
Peanut Butter Cup

i totally agree GG..........*gag*
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

Lol I saw the title and I was like what? They r gonna make a movie out of aio?? Yes! Anyway, I like the idea of selena Gomez being Connie... sorry for bad spelling etc. I am on my kindle. :P
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. Q&A thread HERE. "SHNOOD IS THE OLDBIE NEWBIE AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THAT TITLE" - Belle
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

shnoodlec wrote:Anyway, I like the idea of Selena Gomez being Connie....
If we're going to go down that road, you might as well cast Lindsey Lohan as Penny Wise, and Miley Cyrus as Emily Jones. We could pull from a whole list of fallen celebrities.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
NateVONgreat
Cookies & Creme

wait, are we talking about a real movie they are making or the recent re-airing of the AIO about making a movie from whit's story?
I always used to think that bob evans (doughnut man) was a lot like whit, he could play him.
i only trust the Focus on the Family people to make it.

Sandwiches are wonderful
Sandwiches are fine!
I like sandwiches, I eat them all the time!
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

The Old Judge wrote:
shnoodlec wrote:Anyway, I like the idea of Selena Gomez being Connie....
If we're going to go down that road, you might as well cast Lindsey Lohan as Penny Wise, and Miley Cyrus as Emily Jones. We could pull from a whole list of fallen celebrities.
Is it our job to judge celebrities' (or anyone's) spiritual state?
Anyhow, Selena did a lovely job as Beezus in Romana and Beezus. That role is similar in ways to Connie. Selena is a good artist, and would be a good choice.
Would Narnia be a bad series of CS Lewis had reverted to fiery atheism?
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

About the Ramona and Beezus thing, I was just about to say that.
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. Q&A thread HERE. "SHNOOD IS THE OLDBIE NEWBIE AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THAT TITLE" - Belle
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

Wait, Selena Gomez played Beezus in Beezus and Ramona? I read the whole series minus Ramona The Brave, and I watched that movie, but I still can't believe that Selena Gomez played Beezus. Let me look that up...I just looked it up on Wikipedia-that's right.
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

You mean you really couldn't tell? *facepalm*
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

I could immediately after I saw the movie poster on Wikipedia, but I must not have when I saw the movie whenever it came out. Wasn't it 2010? That was three whole years ago!
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...