Have You Ever.....

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!
truAIOfan
Cookies & Creme

Have You Ever.....

When I went to the eye doctor a few weeks ago, I had to have my eyes dialated. I ended up wearing sunglasses everywhere I went afterward. As we were leaving the doctors office, I used a quote from the Ties that Bind pt 10 or 11. Buck has to wear sunglasses to school after he was in a fight. Eugene says "As for the fact that it is a cloudy day and that you will be inside a building, I'm sure no one will notice!"
What was so funny was that it was a cloudy day and afterward I was in the grocery store with my sunglasses!

Have you ever used an Odyssey quote in a situation?
“Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.” -Corrie Ten Boom
NateVONgreat
Cookies & Creme

I had my eyes dilated during a physical for the Air Force, but I came prepared with sunglasses.

I quote odyssey all the time! I think my most quoted line is "Shakespeare, my lemonade!"
and my most quoted character is Eugene :D "greetings and salutations"

But because it happens a lot, I can't think of any specific situation. :(

Sandwiches are wonderful
Sandwiches are fine!
I like sandwiches, I eat them all the time!
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

HAHAHAH! We got points in our game because my team members finished that line! I said "_____! Bring me my lemonade!" I love that :)

Have you ever eaten canned corn?
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

I remember once when my family was sitting around the dinner table, and Arnold said "maybe we could go somewhere after dinner." My other brother continued the conversation. "to where?" "I dunno, somewhere fun."
"we could go to the hospital." "the hospital?"
My mom, who had no idea what they were talking about, changed the subject. I continued the game, however. "Yeah, we could get our stomachs pumped." Unfortunately, my mom had said something different in between, so what I said made no sense. It was really funny.
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
truAIOfan
Cookies & Creme

Those are really great stories!

I really should to try the quote "Shakesphere! My Lemonade!" on my little brother. I wonder what reaction I would get... :)
“Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.” -Corrie Ten Boom
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

At my high school, we do a beauty pageant as a fundraiser for student government, and it's just about the most outdated and stupid thing we do. When I've spoken about it, I've occasionally used Liz's line at the beginning of "Lost By A Nose" (which she ironically proceeds to prove): "It's not based on 'personality, talent, or academics'—it's based on looks!"
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Paula
Peach Cobbler

Novatom wrote:I remember once when my family was sitting around the dinner table, and Arnold said "maybe we could go somewhere after dinner." My other brother continued the conversation. "to where?" "I dunno, somewhere fun."
My mom, who had no idea what they were talking about, changed the subject. I continued the game, however. "Yeah, we could get our stomachs pumped." Unfortunately, my mom had said something different in between, so what I said made no sense. It was really funny.

I know this was posted a loooong time ago, but it made me laugh soooo hard xD
Did you visit George(who was in the hospital again)? :P
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
"update your signature, Paperclip's term ended ages ago" -Swah
Happy now?
Mandy
Peach Cobbler

Shrewd, Doris; real shrewd." my siblings and I used to say that whenever there was a reason to use the word shrewd. We got a real kick out of that scene in Aloha Oy. (you can probably guess why my mom hates it)! :)

~Lady Mandy Knight of the
Order of Chrysostom in the
Court of the Debate Vampires~

MF: How much do you know about Helios?

Woody: Let's see. I know you survived her
drama, I know she's a danger to
society, I know she's a lie, I know
Belle is unfazed by her wrath, I
know she has ox horns, and I know
I should beware of her.

(And she is also my enemy. :evil: )
AIOrocks101
Strawberry

Novatom wrote:I remember once when my family was sitting around the dinner table, and Arnold said "maybe we could go somewhere after dinner." My other brother continued the conversation. "to where?" "I dunno, somewhere fun."
That's hilarious. I can't think of an example, but I quote AIO in daily conversation with family. Sometimes I quote it when talking to friends, but none of my friends know what AIO is so they get confused and ask what I'm talking about.
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

When I was little, I had a big black piece of dirt or something stuck on my iris. So, I went to the doctor, they dilated my eye and I got to wear a eye-patch for a few days.

I remember calling my friend, "Agent 014". (Someone to Watch Over Me) He was Jimmy that day..... O.o (I was Grimbeard :twisted: )
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Paula
Peach Cobbler

I think my dad and my sister had that, Bethanna...I believe it's called a scratched cornea...Or something like dat. Anyway I just remember Chloe wearing an eye patch...
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
Happy now?
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

I had to wear a patch too, when I was like 7, to strengthen the other eye. Thankfully I don't still have to wear it.
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
Blitz
Moose Tracks

I like to use Oi!
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Paula
Peach Cobbler

Have you ever been washing your hands glance in the mirror and notice a spider right above you on the ceiling?
Happy now?
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Are you even asking this?
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

My dad and his brothers [ when they were younger ] used to play kings base and they would be A Tool Shed, A Billy Goat, and what was the other one?
Proud K.R.E Member
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

My catchphrase used to be "Nah, it's too scary for you guys" (Xavier in the Mailman Cometh, referring to he Revenge of the Raptors movie).
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

Mickey wrote:My dad and his brothers [ when they were younger ] used to play kings base and they would be A Tool Shed, A Billy Goat, and what was the other one?
I think it was a coat rack, I could be wrong.
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games
Mara
Pistachio

Sometimes I like to bake muffins for my family for Sunday brunch and I have asked my siblings many times in the same voice that Arthur Dent uses, "Would you like a muffin?"