Odyssey Conundrums

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Was Terrence Howard really the distant uncle of Regis Blackgaard?

How did Zachary Sellars get up the Whit's End stairs to the second floor?

How did Glenn Adams manage to be so aggravating and not get physically injured?

(P.S. This is my 1500th post.)
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Wakko
Pistachio

The Old Judge wrote:Was Terrence Howard really the distant uncle of Regis Blackgaard?

How did Zachary Sellars get up the Whit's End stairs to the second floor?

How did Glenn Adams manage to be so aggravating and not get physically injured?

(P.S. This is my 1500th post.)
1. Maybe anything is possible.
2. Elevator :P
3. I have no idea
Congrats on 1500 posts!
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Does it ever mention Whit's End having an elevator? I only remember the servant staircase and the main stairway. This was a 1930s style building, before many things were handicap-accessible.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
GratiaDei
Cookies & Creme

Yeah, in The Truth About Zachary, I believe.
Wakko
Pistachio

The Old Judge wrote:Does it ever mention Whit's End having an elevator? I only remember the servant staircase and the main stairway. This was a 1930s style building, before many things were handicap-accessible.
I was just kidding around, but there might actually be one.
I <3 Wooton
Caramel Crunch

Aftershocker wrote:
The Old Judge wrote:Why does nobody crawl up through Wooton's exit slide?
My question is, "Can burglars get into Wooton's house through the slide?"
No because he waxes it every day!
Raggedy Man I remember you, and you are late for my wedding!
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

How is Odyssey not famous after Novacom?

You would think that at the very least, someone g-man would check up on Odyssey every now and then, to make sure that no evil corporations are rising with Dr. Regis Blackgaard as—I said too much.
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Why are there all kinds of churches in Odyssey, yet only two denominations are mentioned?
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

The Old Judge wrote:Why are there all kinds of churches in Odyssey, yet only two denominations are mentioned?
Some could be non-denominational churches.
whittaker96
Caramel Crunch

Mr. Whit's End wrote:How is Odyssey not famous after Novacom?

You would think that at the very least, someone g-man would check up on Odyssey every now and then, to make sure that no evil corporations are rising with Dr. Regis Blackgaard as—I said too much.
THREE CONSPIRACIES IN ODYSSEY - THEY SHOULD'VE MADE THE COVER OF TIME MAGAZINE OR THE NEW YORK TIMES OR SOMETHING BY NOW.
Come take a humorous, modern look at Odyssey, reviewing, discovering, and applying w/ Out of Control in Odyssey and Candid KOnversations! Join the odyssey to find the real Odyssey.

http://odysseyoutofcontrol.blogspot.com/
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

I know! It's strange...
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. Q&A thread HERE. "SHNOOD IS THE OLDBIE NEWBIE AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THAT TITLE" - Belle
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

The Old Judge wrote: Why are Mikhail Gorbachev, James Dobson, and Andy Griffith known in Odyssey, and nothing else from the real world?
Well, I don't know about Gorbachev, but I suppose because Dr. Dobson was sort of in charge of everything at FOTF, they stuck him in just for fun.
And also, since Hal Smith was so well known for his role as Otis Campbell in the Andy Griffith Show (Parley Baer, voice of Joe Finneman and many others, also acted in Mayberry as the town mayor), it was kind of a tribute to Hal, I guess. Many other "things from the real world" are spoofed, indirectly mentioned, or otherwise referenced in the show.

Just some info!
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Does Wooton realize he's not accomplishing anything except annoying Mr. Whittaker on the cover of the new Official Guide? (I'm looking at the cover just now and happened to notice this.)

What happens to the person whose body you take over when you use the Transmuter?
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

How does Whit keep the government from breathing down his neck? If the Imagination Station is dangerous enough to cause physical harm to Aubrey, you would think that the government would be pretty interested.
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Why would Bernard Walton's grandfather spend all that money on twenty-seven pigs? (Even with Garvey Hiram Meltsner's lisp, he should have been smart enough to not pay the exorbitant fee.)
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

Because he thought he was getting 2,025 pigs, which would make it
about 10 bucks a pig.
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

But, then again, how long ago was it? If it was when Grandpa Walton and G. H. Meltsner were young men, that still would have been a high price. For that would have been in the Twenties-Thirties era, when things were quite cheap.
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

That's true, but it doesn't help at ALL when figuring out why G. H. Meltsner was asking for all that money!
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Some people just think they have a superior product when they don't, or they think they can take advantage of some chump, or both. If we're asking "why" questions, then why did Grandpa Walton pay all that money?
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

As the roommate put it, it "was still a pretty good bargain".
~ Walker in Dreams