Odyssey Adventure Club?

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

Odyssey Adventure Club?

I got an email from Link'd In today saying Brock changed his job title from Product Management to Odyssey Adventure Club Prouducer! What's Odyssey Adventure Club? Perhaps a secret project that the team is working on? And it said he was Producer. Is this a spinoff series? Speculate.
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Intriguing... It could just be a joke, or something to get fans speculating, but... I don't know. We must remember that last time everyone thought a spinoff series was coming soon, it turned out to just be a rumor. So I'm not sure if this new development is significant or not... It really doesn't seem like the producers have been too enthusiastic about a spinoff series in the past, (every single idea the team has come up with has been dumped early on) so I see no reason why they would suddenly be open to an "Odyssey Adventure Club" now.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Bren
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough

I could share my wealth of knowledge but nobody wants that. Right?
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Share it! Please, oh please, oh please share it!!!
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Eugene
Vanilla

Guess what everyone. There's something coming... and it's big! Bren and I actually found out by accident, but I've recorded our findings in a special blog post. Check it out on The Whit's End Podcast's blog.

Basically, I believe that this "Odyssey Adventure Club" is a club for fans to join. The Odyssey team probably wants to boost the fan experience... Which is awesome! :D
Last edited by Eugene on Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
aka Bird

"Don't fuss with me."
Bren
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough

Shame, shame Bird. Don't you know giving out big info is my job? Might have to write you up...
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

That sounds too cool!! Thanks for the info Eugene and Bren!
Joy
Raspberry Ripple

Oh, maaaaan!
AN ODYSSEY CLUB?
sign me up! I'm totally there!
I caaaan't wait to hear more about this......*breathes deep*
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Noah, you posted in the AIO discussion? Not only that, but you started a topic!? And it's actually interesting!? Wow. Sorry, I am cruel. Seriously though, please do this more often, I miss the old you.
I'm with you, Joy girl, I am excited. This could be big. In any case, one thing is certain: this will be fun. Ignore Bren, Eugene, the faster we get info the happier we are. Up with insubordination. (Please don't ban me, I'm only being annoying...)
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Joy
Raspberry Ripple

I was hyper-ventilating when I read the article Eugene posted. Like, literally.
Totally off-topic, but I don't feel like making something separate for this.
How long does it take to get a response from a letter/email you send to Odyssey?
I sent an email a month ago, tomorrow, and no response yet.
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

I messaged Brock on Linked In and he sent me this back:

Well good catch on my job title change, you guys are watching everywhere for sure. I can't reveal too much about the club yet, just that we are hard at work on the launch. It's going to be one of the most exciting things AIO has ever done.
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Noah, could you message Brock again and ask him when the launch will be?
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

The AIO Update wrote this:

More insights into this new official AIO club are slowly being released. The 24/7 online player that was shut down due to financial constraints is evidently being replaced by the new Adventures in Odyssey club this upcoming fall. According to producer Brock Eastman, the new Odyssey Adventure club that is being created will be a place where club members can access certain audio content on demand, get twelve exclusive episodes per year, interact with each other, learn about other cultures and experience them through live action documentaries. What exactly this exclusive content will be is unclear at this point in time. And unlike the previous 24/7 player, which was free, membership in this exclusive club will have a price. We'll let you know as more details are finalized in the future.

I'm still waiting for a reply back from Brock concerning the release date.
Joy
Raspberry Ripple

A price...Hm....I'm hoping that it's pretty cheap. I wonder if it's worth it to trade one of my 2 magazine memberships for this club for Christmas, or I'll have enough money to buy it....hm...
All this information sounds weird.