Odyssey's Spoofs on Other Media

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Odyssey's Spoofs on Other Media

Odyssey certainly does a lot of spoofs on other media, (TV shows, Movies, Etc.)

One of my favorites are Sheriff Randy and Deputy Arny in Blackbeard's Treasure. I didn't notice it until I read the official guide, but I still love it.

Another is SpongeCake RoundPants from Three in One (The Truth Chronicles). I've never seen SpongeBob SquarePants, but I found it hilarious. :)

A line I think may be a spoof is Jay's line in a Thankstaking Story, where he says, "You've got some 'splaining to do." It sounds like Ricky Riccardo from I Love Lucy. :) Do you think this is a spoof?

What are your favorite spoofs? How about spoofs that could be open to interpretation?
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

The Novacom show Space Wars is a spoof of Star Wars
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

I've found one that I don't think is credited, so I'm not sure if it is... I can't remember what episode it is, but in Chris' intro one of the directors gets a box and doesn't want Chris to open it, she opens it and inside is an inflatable raft that inflates right away. This is exactly like the plot of an episode of The Dick Van Dyke Show.
GratiaDei
Cookies & Creme

I think the appleberry phone in the GRC is a spoof of the blackberry smartphone.
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

True, GratiaDel, but I think it's more of a spoof combination between Apple and the Blackberry.

Just like in "Opposite Day", Club KidChat was originally going to be called "MyTwitFace", as a spoof of MySpace, Twitter, and Facebook.

Also, in an earlier episode, (I forget which one), a TV is playing a spoof of Wheel of Fortune in the background.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Striped Leopard
Cookies & Creme

In the episode (can't remember the name right now) where a kid named Jeremy is addicted to television, parodies of the shows "Leave It to Beaver" and "Home Improvement," among others, are going on in the background.
Formerly Christian A. :)
Jeremiah 13:23
Ezekiel 36:26-27
Ephesians 2:4-10

God has done the impossible! He has, in effect, changed a leopard's spots into stripes! He turned me, one who was accustomed to do evil, into one who can walk in good works! He brought me to life from the dead and gave me His Spirit, in order to cause me to walk in His statutes! He has totally changed me, and it is all for His glory!
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

I love "Hidden in my Heart", where there is the Rescue 119 spoof, "Laffie the Wonderdog" and "Star Trip". I especially like the Star Trek one.

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

SparkyHappyGiraffe wrote:I've found one that I don't think is credited, so I'm not sure if it is... I can't remember what episode it is, but in Chris' intro one of the directors gets a box and doesn't want Chris to open it, she opens it and inside is an inflatable raft that inflates right away. This is exactly like the plot of an episode of The Dick Van Dyke Show.
There are actually lots of episodes of AIO that are loosely based on old TV show episodes.
"I strive to be an Elephant" - Odyssey Fan Wiley
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

I love the part in an episode (I can't remember which one) where they name 3 people after 3 of the main characters from The Beverly Hillbillies XD Love that show!!
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

A line I think may be a spoof is Jay's line in a Thankstaking Story, where he says, "You've got some 'splaining to do."
Blondie, my sibs and I have never seen a single episode of that show, but we just laugh and laugh every time we hear that part. Kinda sums up that episode, actually.
As has been pointed out in another thread, Arthur Dent is the name of the main character in Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
I don't know if there's any deliberate spoofing going with this... but there's a far less well known, newer kid's Christian radio drama show called Paws and Tales my sibs and I are a bit fond of, though we never listen to it lately. It's about bears... kid bears, to be precise, who live in a rustic little town and are given advice by and like to hang around a wise old grandpa figure! Plus, sometimes the similarities between the shows are just uncanny... here's a plot from one of them, see if it's a bit familiar:

A grouchy kid is mad at the others, and hatches a plot, spewing, "you will rue the day." The other characters go on little mission to stop the villain, but a lot of people get scared silly. In the end, the young villain is taken down and turns out to never have been such a threat after all.

It's probably all a coincidence... but if so, it's one bizarre world we live in.
Last edited by Pound Foolish on Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

"It Happened at Four Corners" is a big spoof on "Its a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World" Which my brothers and I love and thought was hilarious! Also, in Aloha Oye, my brothers and I never really understood why the captain said, "Its not like seven people went out on a three hour tour..... A three hour tour.." until we watched Gilligan's Island... Haha! GG, that's what I thought too about Jay and his 'splaining! XD
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Stella: Sounds AWESOME!
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

Sebastian does the Vulcan neck pinch to Eugene from Star Trek.
Not really a spoof, but cool Easter egg
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Pound Foolish wrote:[quote
As has been pointed out in another thread, Arthur Dent is the name of the main character in Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
Yes. I read a bit of that book, and it's... odd. Not a bad book, just odd. It also has a bit of bad language in it, so I was a bit surprised AIO spoofed it.

Anyway, the Spongebob spoof in "Three In One" was possibly my favorite. I did like the Star Trek and It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World stuff as well. I don't watch Star Trek, but I love the movie Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World. Another good one was the Jeopardy! spoof in "The Devil Made Me Do It". That was one of the most entertaining skits in Kids Radio history.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
godisawesomeness99
Raspberry Ripple

Also in the devil made me do it was the spoof of 20/20 with 20/200
here from time to time....

Psalm 73:24
fodo14
Raspberry Ripple

I would say the Star Trek one, is one of my favorites just cause of my love for Star Trek. I just die laughing every time, when I was little I thought it was funny, but then when I got older and understood Star Trek.....is was just so funny.....just so funny.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Let's not forget the not-so-Cowardly-Lion with not-so-wise- wisdom who had the misfortune to take grammar lessons from Yoda.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

Pound Foolish wrote:Let's not forget the not-so-Cowardly-Lion with not-so-wise- wisdom who had the misfortune to take grammar lessons from Yoda.
^This just made my day :lol:

-- Mon May 06, 2013 4:36 pm --
Stella C. wrote:
Pound Foolish wrote:Let's not forget the not-so-Cowardly-Lion with not-so-wise- wisdom who had the misfortune to take grammar lessons from Yoda.
^This just made my day :lol:
There's also "Its a Pokenberry Christmas", based off of "Its a Wonderful Life." (I actually didn't know this until I saw it performed on stage), with which we can't forget. :D
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Stella: Sounds AWESOME!
Totally His
Chocolate Chip

When the Bones of Wrath go to the movies they watch -we hear- a spoof of one of the Rocky Balboa movies :lol:
…it's in the Blackguaard Chronicles.
The greatest single cause for atheists in the world today, is Christians. Who acknowledge Jesus with their lips, and walk out the door, and deny him with their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

I just listened to No Bones About It, and I love the spoof on the Beverly Hillbillies. "Black Gold! Texas Tea!"
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

I agree with Stella, this made my day. ^^

Hmm. There were several spoofs in a Thankstaking story. I died at the Elvis spoof. I had to play it for my grandmother (<<Elvis fanatic ) And she loved it. xD