I Never Noticed That Before!

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!
Jason
Cookies & Creme

I Never Noticed That Before!

Tonight I listened to the episode The Time Has Come, and when I pressed play I caught a sound I hadn't noticed before. If you listen closely you can hear Eugene whistle the first 7 notes of the Odyssey theme.

Have you ever listened to an episode and noticed something you hadn't before?
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

The Prequels of Love! Remember when Bart and Doris went out and there was the Song thing! :D
Why do nothing when you can Dance?
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

In an act of Mercy when the police guy (I forget his name) calls "Bart" "Bill" :lol:
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

In "A Thankstaking Story", Papa Magloo tells a Magloo to tell the Scrunch why they were thankful for him and his evil friends. The Magloo's name is Katie Magloo, played by Katie Leigh. They normally don't name characters after the actors.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

Oh in the "Thankstaking Story" Burger Blitzer Blitzer Burger talks about some places mentioned in the movie "Elf" and also "The Great Bumpkin" Is supposed to be like "The Great Pumpkin" from Charlie Brown
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Also, Burger Blitzer Blitzer Burger is parodied off of Burger Meister Meister Burger, the mayor of Sombertown from the 1970 classic, "Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town". I love parody episodes, especially this one!
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

Also The Thankstaking Story is based off Dr. Suess's How the Grinch Stole Christmas.
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

Yeah I think I figured out most of the parodies in that episode!! ;)
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

I just realized today that the lion in the The Great Wishy Woz talks like Yoda! :)
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

Godsgirl6153 wrote:I just realized today that the lion in the The Great Wishy Woz talks like Yoda! :)
Oh ya. I noticed that before, but never payed much attention to it.
Jason
Cookies & Creme

In Opposite Day, Wooton makes the comment "There's nothing wrong with having Club Kid Chat friends, i have some too." Wooton is on Club Kid Chat! I didn't notice this line before.
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

Oh something I noticed while listening to "Love is in the Air" is the part where Connie walks in and Eugene says that he has to go upstairs or something like that; Jack calls Eugene a coward!! :lol:
Jason
Cookies & Creme

At the end of part 9 of the GRC uncle Archie dials a number. If you listen closely it's a familiar tune. Can't think if it has a name though..
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

Oh and in the Green Ring Conspiracy Wally says "I hear the train a comin it's comin round the bend" That is part of a Johnny Cash song!
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

SparkyHappyGiraffe wrote:Oh and in the Green Ring Conspiracy Wally says "I hear the train a comin it's comin round the bend" That is part of a Johnny Cash song!

Really, what song?

Never mind.. Here it is. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWsuVuw5JO4

Thanks Google, for existing and stuff.
"I strive to be an Elephant" - Odyssey Fan Wiley
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

It's "The Gospel Train". It was originally a Negro spiritual. Johnny Cash sang it later, I believe.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

The Old Judge wrote:It's "The Gospel Train". It was originally a Negro spiritual. Johnny Cash sang it later, I believe.
This is what I was thinking, that it was a little older than Johnny Cash. :)
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

In the Green Ring Conspiracy, Part 9, when Archie Haggler calls whoever about the Stiletto acting strangely, the buttons on his phone play the Three Stooges End Theme, bum bum bum bum bum bum. Bum!
Rosy
Cookie Dough

I just noticed that in one of the lost episodes, I don't remember which one I'm drawing a blank, Harlow talks about how he has a Get Smart lunch box. Get Smart is a spy show from the 60s!
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Do you think that the name of Bethany's imaginary friend Blevil is derived from the word believable or perhaps unbelievable? I listened to the episode recently, and I was wondering if this was the case.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle