Eugene Sings

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

Eugene Sings

Anyone here who has a copy of either of the Eugene sings albums gets a hi five. Just throwin' that out there.

Seriously though, I think the idea was a good one, I just wish it would have caught on better. The songs were super catchy, and it was promoted enough... I'm not sure what happened. Why do you think it didn't end up becoming a bigger thing?

It's a shame they're no longer available for purchase. Such gold nuggets they were.
"I strive to be an Elephant" - Odyssey Fan Wiley
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

I REALLY want to get a copy!! :cry:
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

Yeah... I really wanted one! But whenever we had enough money to get something extra, I wanted an Odyssey. So we never got Eugene Sings...
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

GIVE ME A COPY NOW!!! I went on Amazon, eBay, FOTF, Christianbooks.com, and everywhere else to find a copy of this album, and the only ones I could find were Used discs for about $125. I listened to a few of the songs on Faio, however, and I find them to be delightful. Almost as good as the M'k Park CD...
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Eugene
Vanilla

I was fortunate enough to purchase both Eugene Sings and Eugene Sings Christmas just before they went out of stock. I have to agree, the songs are really fun and catchy! :D Will Ryan did an excellent job with producing the songs. And it's fun to hear Katie Leigh, Harlow Doyle and Little Quackers the Imaginary Duckling in there too!

*high-fives Aaron Wiley* Woot! :D

I wasn't a fan of Odyssey when they started marketing the Eugene Sings albums, so I don't really know why they weren't a bigger deal for fans. Maybe people just didn't want to spend the extra money for something outside of the regular series of audio dramas?
aka Bird

"Don't fuss with me."
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

CreativeThinker101 wrote:GIVE ME A COPY NOW!!! I went on Amazon, eBay, FOTF, Christianbooks.com, and everywhere else to find a copy of this album, and the only ones I could find were Used discs for about $125. I listened to a few of the songs on Faio, however, and I find them to be delightful. Almost as good as the M'k Park CD...
PM me.
Eugene, the cool guy who actually has a hard copy of both Eugene sings albums and gets a hi-five for being so awesome wrote:I wasn't a fan of Odyssey when they started marketing the Eugene Sings albums, so I don't really know why they weren't a bigger deal for fans. Maybe people just didn't want to spend the extra money for something outside of the regular series of audio dramas?
I'm thinking you're right about people just not being ready to fit the check for something outside their already tight AIO budgets. I think that's also the reason the Truth Chronicles didn't do that great, nor did Darian's Rise.
"I strive to be an Elephant" - Odyssey Fan Wiley
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

I really want it too :( I hate it when they stop selling things before you know what they are. :cry:
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

I think the M'kalister Park album was better than Eugene Sings. A long time ago, I listened to some of the album. It's not my favorite. Will Ryan doesn't thrill me as a singer.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

I have a hard copy of the Christmas album, but unfortunately, I had to borrow the first album from the library to be able to get it.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

I have got one!
"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts." - Jeremiah 15:16
whittaker96
Caramel Crunch

Aaron Wiley wrote:I'm thinking you're right about people just not being ready to fit the check for something outside their already tight AIO budgets. I think that's also the reason the Truth Chronicles didn't do that great, nor did Darian's Rise.
Is there some kind of database for AIO sales? o.O
Come take a humorous, modern look at Odyssey, reviewing, discovering, and applying w/ Out of Control in Odyssey and Candid KOnversations! Join the odyssey to find the real Odyssey.

http://odysseyoutofcontrol.blogspot.com/
Starflower1234
Cookies & Creme

I own a Eugene Sings hard copy, though I don't have the Christmas one. I enjoy it, and so do my siblings. I didn't know that they didn't sell them anymore until now. I don't really understand why, unless it was because they were kind of silly. But I enjoyed them.
I made a promise, Mr. Frodo. A promise. "Don't you leave him Samwise Gamgee." And I don't mean to. I don't mean to. - Sam from The Fellowship of the Ring movie
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you! - Sam from The Return of the King movie
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

I have never been able to hear these yet... Are they good?
Eugene
Vanilla

I think that they are fairly good. A little "childish" perhaps, but it is still quite fun to listen to. I often put them on as background music when I'm doing stuff. One of my most favourite songs in the first album is "The Moonlight, a Tuba and You".
aka Bird

"Don't fuss with me."
yelsew
Fudge Marble
Location: Some "Grand" state. near "Arizona's Christmas City".

Eugene sings. Do you have it/them? Does your Dog Have Fleas, on the North Pole Hit Parade, Missing You, with your Ukulele Tune, on The Only Day of Christmas, while your Yodeling Seasonal Felicitations with your Head Up, Meeting a Girl Named Katrina and wishing her a Merry Christmas, while saying Out with the Old Year, in The Moonlight, with a Tuba, Loving each other, and singing Variations on a Very Short Song, called O-D-Y Double S-E-Y, with the Rose of Antelope Valley, where you vow to Never Sneeze Again, in the Jingle Jangle Jungle.

are still with me? If you got any of that... I'm very happy for you, because you have been able to experience all of this (Well sort of) wonderful odyssey filled fun. Anyway, Eugene sings. What are your thoughts?
sing
Raspberry Ripple

Got both, and LOVE them. And Yes! I did follow!

Of course, all boys have cooties, so I avoid like them like the plague. -Helios

Music is life, that's why our hearts have beats
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

*Steps up to the microphone*

I could care less about these albums.

*Nelson hides*
MeltsnerGirl91
Strawberry

I wasn't interested when I was younger in getting a a complete album of Eugene singing (I think I was scared, lol), but I now I wish I could have heard some of the songs. I can't find them anywhere to listen to.
yelsew
Fudge Marble
Location: Some "Grand" state. near "Arizona's Christmas City".

Yes Nelson. A few years ago I too could care less about these albums. But now being the collector I am, (And I'm sure many of you are too) I'd started looking for "Eugene sings" (I already had the Christmas one.) but to no avail. Then just a few weeks ago, I got an awesome gift for my B-day from my mom. ;) yup you guessed it, she found it! :D and I got it just in time to put it on my iPod and listen to it all the way to camp and back! ;) boy did my friends love me... not! Haha well that's how I came to find out that Eugene's dog has flees, missing You, on the first day of... Wait. Let's not do that again. :D
Wakko
Pistachio

I heard most of the songs of Eugene Sings, but don't have either of them. :cry: