Random things that make you think of AiO

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!
Scientific Guy
Cookies & Creme

Usually when I'm in my car and I see 8:00 times, I'll think of episode numbers. Maybe that's just how my mind works...?
Bren
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough

As a gas station cashier I interact with a lot of people coming and going from their jobs. Sometimes the uniform has a nametag. I looked up from one such interaction this past week to find out I was ringing up Whit and it made me smile. :yes:
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

I feel like I've said this at some point on here, but too much of my high school life is exactly like Connie's was. I started working at a frozen yogurt shop a little before I turned sixteen. My boss is an amazing Christian woman. She's basically a female Whit and it's kind of the best. Except she doesn't know how to use a computer and I don't think she was a secret agent. She was a missionary though. Anyway, she's super social and quite a few people who come in know her. She makes a really personal connection. It's so cool. My most frequent co-worker is a no-it-all, things must be this way, type of nerd. We do not get along very well. (Okay, that sounds like I hate him. I don't. He's a fine person. We just have clashing personalities.) What else? I ended my first relationship probably around the same age Connie did, for the same reason. So there ya go. Perhaps I'll have to help out with a mayoral campaign before I graduate... ooo or date a secret agent. That sounds pretty cool.
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
djchatswithu
Cookies & Creme

I was watching a youtube video from the Bluebell Railway in England, and carved into one of the wooden benches was the name "Wootton Bassett" (It was carved in like one of those wooden national park signs). That night I was watching a tv show online (can't remember what, sorry) and one of the producers was John Whittaker. lastly, the scene in the ties that bind where Penny is at Wooton's comic book signing kind of reminded me of Bernadette from the big bang theory, especially the way Penny is talking normally an then suddenly says 'NEXT!', before going back to he normal voice, it just seem like something Bernadette would do when she's trying to hurry someone up like Penny was. I thought that was hilarious.
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

I dunno how many of y'all watch Studio C/JK Studios, but today Stacey Harkey, one of the original 10 members, posted this picture on his Instagram:

with this caption:
Throw back Thursday to that one time on my LDS mission in Brazil where I was cutting my companions hair and the clip fell off resulting in a deep, shaved groove in his head. To solve the problem we took a sharpie and ‘filled it in’ AND IT WORKED (kind of). Soon after the Mission President banned haircuts from non- professionals. My bad Elder Dulin! #StaceyStoryTime #GoodTimes #tbt)
I thought of Bernard Walton's uncle who used to color in his bald spot with a brown sharpie XD

(I would tag TigerShadow and Wakko in this if the forum allowed)
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games
Patterson
Strawberry

I was looking for some christian rock to listen to and found this:
It wasn't the sort of rock I like, but the way it was sung reminded me of Cryin' Bryan Dern's "What is he saying?" contest.

The first line sounds like he's saying, "Wrong Change, one heart, this one jumps and kitchen for new start." :?
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

There are tons of random things that remind me of AIO:
  • I was at a store and saw a book called “Who Was Malala Yousafzai?” and I somehow misread the title as “Who Was Marshal Younger?”
  • Whenever someone says "pepper spray", I keep getting reminded of the episode “My Favorite Thing”, where Doris Rathbone says, “But I forgot the pepper spray at home!”
  • The word “good” reminds me of Morrie Rydell. Also, whenever someone says the words “let me ask you”, my brain automatically fills it with “is all of that good?”
  • I was recently at an event and there was someone there named Seth Young! I unfortunately never got to say hi to him.
  • Was at a restaurant and was asked, “Would you like a muffin?” to which I had to smile, remembering Arthur Dent.
  • When I eat Pop Tarts, I think of Harlow Doyle’s quote in “What are You Gonna Do With Your Life?”, where he says, “Hey, you can eat Pop Tarts™ any time of day!”
  • Whenever I eat pork rinds, I can’t help but think of the I Love Pork Rinds song and Bart Rathbone saying, “Don’t touch my pork rinds!”
I'm sure there are more, but this all I could think of at the moment. :D
-Signed, PolehausFifty-three

Member of The Emily Rules Klub (est. 2012)

“We have it translated in every language: (กฎของเอมิลี่, Emily es la mejor, 艾米莉规则, Emily Quy tắc!, エミリーは最高です, emilyyay ulesray!, Эмили Правила!, Emily é a melhor, एमिली नियम!, Emily est la meilleure!, إميلي هي الأفضل!, Emily Kuralları!, אמילי שולטת!, Emily Regeln!, 에밀리 담당!, Si Emily ang pinakamahusay!, എമിലി രാജ്ഞിയാണ്!, એમિલી નિયમો!) that Emily RULES!”~The E.R.K.
ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

I know I've got a million of these, but I'm having a hard time remembering everything! Here are a few:
  • Once I saw a guy who looked exactly like how I imagine Leonard Meltsner. He must've been wondering why I was staring.
  • A few weeks ago, the answer to a math problem was the exact number as the local radio station that plays AIO on Saturdays. Perhaps it was a sign I was working too hard and needed to listen to Odyssey. :D
  • If I ever see double-digit numbers in the 50s, 60s, or 70s, I think of the corresponding AIO albums.
  • Some years ago, I was watching a video for school and was about to fall asleep when the teacher said his name: Vance Kite. That startled me awake because for a second, I thought his last name would be King.
  • Probably the most infamous event was when I was eating dinner at someone's house. I took a large serving of what I thought was chicken stew. I took a bit and immediately wondered, "Is this chicken or fish??" That's when I realized it was liver. :mad: On the way home, I thought of this quote from the Friend Formula:

Jay: Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?
    Riley: We don't eat liver.
    Jay: Lucky you.
"Next up, Mark Morgan's message to all math maniacs in the middle school is meaningful if you mingle by the mezzanine for a momentous mix of methodological mayhem and a menagerie of multiplicative inversions. Ha ha ha! I bet I could say this backwards. Inversions multiplicative of menagerie a and mayhem methodological..."
Patterson
Strawberry

We have a sign in the basement at work that says "wits end" Always makes me think of Whit's End.

One day at work, I was cataloging chomebooks and one had 8099 as it's asset tag. Made me think "Write to us at: Adventures in Odyssey, Colorado Springs, Colorado 80995."

Also my boss's last name rhymes with Polhaus.
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Plunking around on the piano (something that I do from time to time) reminds me how the Adventures in Odyssey theme was composed back in 1987.

Happy little accidents, as Bob Ross said.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)