Random things that make you think of AiO

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Today MnM and I went to a carnival and rode several rides. I thought of all the times a carnival has been mentioned in Odyssey, but most specifically the Green Ring Conspiracy. No counterfeit money spotted though.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Yep! I would even tell people like, "Guess what?! I'm dressed like Eugene!" and then they'd just be like, "Um, ok..." It was hilarious! I just remembered today that I also went on a kid's website one time to practice like labeling the human bones and since it was meant for children, there was a voice on there that would say the different bones. The first time I heard that voice I'm pretty sure I screamed. It was Katie Leigh. It was really cool because I just stumbled onto the website!
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

While filing at work on Friday I saw a customer's name that was Martin Worthington -- at first glance I thought it said Marvin Washington.
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

I was reading through my sister's Lego magazine while bored and stumbled across a new story featuring a girl named Emily Jones, I immediately thought of the Emily Jones of the Jones and Parker Detective Agency although the characters are very different.
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

hah! You know I think there's a dubstep artist named Matthew Parker too!
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

I was watching Parks and Rec season 7, and two episodes contain part of Willie Nelson's "Buddy", which reminded me of Bart questioning Tamika about her Sunday School class in "Sunday Morning Scramble": "You do any Willie Nelson?"

Also, I know we've already made note of it in the AIO Actors in Other Things thread, but whenever the lawyer, Trevor Nelsson, has a scene, I always imagine David Parker, minus the humorlessness.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I have a co-worker who always reminded me of someone. I finally figured it out. She has Mandy Straussburg's voice.
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

I just realised the other day that my great aunt looks and sounds quite a bit like Kimmy Robertson... weird. I guess if they ever need to replace the actor, have I have a candidate!

-- Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:53 pm --

I just realised the other day that my great aunt looks and sounds quite a bit like Kimmy Robertson... weird. I guess if they ever need to replace the actor, have I have a candidate!
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

We went to the mall a while back and there was a store called "Regis".
And we had a garage sale yesterday and a woman came who sounded just like the actress playing Gracie Williams in Sgt. York.
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

The other day at the library I saw a book about Nathan Forrest. He was a Confederate General.

Today I saw Alice Through the Looking Glass and Alice's ship was called the Wonder.
The town that the Hatter was from was Wit's End.

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

Also, Ameraka, randomly, the male (I'm assuming Jason) in your avi picture looks like one of the Property Brothers (the shorter one, whatever his name is). And he looks like what Jason should look like, so that show makes me think of AIO. :P
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:Also, Ameraka, randomly, the male (I'm assuming Jason) in your avi picture looks like one of the Property Brothers (the shorter one, whatever his name is). And he looks like what Jason should look like, so that show makes me think of AIO. :P
ha! I just saw a little bit of that show. I'll have to watch it again! That's funny he looks like the picture. It is Jason.

-- Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:20 pm --

Today I was at the fair and I saw that the funnel cake place I was in line at was called "J&J Concessions".

And funnel cakes always remind me of Odyssey now.

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

I just saw someone tag a person named Talia Bassett on facebook. :mrgreen:
Kathy0
Cookies & Creme

Ok so one of my little sisters was watching like the 3rd Cinderella and I walked into the room and I was like OMW THATS WHITS VOICE!!!!! The king is voiced by Andre Stojka. O.o I freaked ou a little bit! :D :mad:
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Kathy0 wrote:Ok so one of my little sisters was watching like the 3rd Cinderella and I walked into the room and I was like OMW THATS WHITS VOICE!!!!! The king is voiced by Andre Stojka. O.o I freaked ou a little bit! :D :mad:
That movie is amazing. :lol: Due to its silliness.

I was on a run and passed by a father and son playing baseball. The boy had a generic baseball hat on, and for some reason, reminded me of Jimmy Barclay.
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Any kind of deep sinister voice triggers memories of Doctor Blackgaard. Earl Boen has a special kind of richness to his voice that is extremely rare. I was watching an episode of Doctor Who on Monday, and there was that type of a voice from a non-corporeal being trying to take over the TARDIS. (I just get more and more nerdy as time passes.) Sadly, it was not Earl Boen, but it may as well have been. I may have found a new actor should the people at Focus ever decide to bring Regis or Edwin back.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

I have this Photoshop brush called "The Grinder". Naturally, I think of Reggie Fingers saying "The Grindah" every time I select it.
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Corey Burton was in a few episodes of The Clone Wars, I recognized him as the voice of Baron Papanoida and a guard later on. :D It's funny how accustomed we are to different voice actors because of aio.

The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

I am currently reading a book called Panama Fever, about the trials experienced and innovations developed during the construction of the Panama Canal. I was getting ready to go to bed the other night, and as my glance swept across the book I noticed something peculiar. I started up out of my bed and took another look at the cover. The author of the book is a man named Matthew Parker.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Hah, that reminds me of a recent time when I glanced over at a book on a side table. It said that the book was written by Eric Myers! The weird thing was, I had just finished recording a song I had written from Eric Myers' perspective. (Btw, I know that sounds like a weird character to base a song off, but it's actually one of my best. :wacky: )