Random things that make you think of AiO

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Really!? That is amazing.
As to what happened during the game, highly amusing. Your sister is quite an Odyssian.

Things like that happen virtually every day at my house, but here's the latest. This evening, about half an hour ago, I'm helping clean up the kitchen from tamales (which of course reminded us all of Grandma's Christmas Visit though that's not he point) and I held up a corn husk and said, "Those are your beds." Everyone immediately knew what to say: "Corn husks!?"
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

Baha, I've done that before, PF. Only my sister was the one who yelled. My parents just looked at me as though I'd grown a third eye... I swear, I need to educate them someday.
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

I was doing a mental exercise today where there were phrases of jargon that had to be translated into normal phraseology. The sentences reminded me of Eugene.

I was reading The Sword of the Lord last week. A lady at church had given me a copy from March of 1999. One of the articles was titled "Y2K: Facts, Fear, and Faith." Aside from the humor of seeing "Y2K" in print, it brought to memory The YAK Problem.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Today I was thinking I felt rather disconnected (trying to figure out the name for the feeling I had). And I thought of Cryin' Brian Dern's words from the Return: "What does our illustrious mayor [?]and a person who's been disconnected have in common? That's right, a recall! The verdict is in and Tom Reilly may be out. But he won't go without a fight. So how bout it folks, any takers? He's laid down the gauntlet and I'm gonna add my voice to his. This is an official challenge: calling all candidates who have the guts to oust Tom Reilly!"

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

I listened to Your Servant Is Listening today, and if you remember, one of the scenes has Hophni and Phinehas taking the Ark of the Covenant, inspire of their father's weakened pleas. Then tonight in devotion, we read about what happened to the Philistine "god" Dagon after the Philistines took the Ark, which made me think of the episodes.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

Pound Foolish wrote:Really!? That is amazing.
As to what happened during the game, highly amusing. Your sister is quite an Odyssian.

Things like that happen virtually every day at my house, but here's the latest. This evening, about half an hour ago, I'm helping clean up the kitchen from tamales (which of course reminded us all of Grandma's Christmas Visit though that's not he point) and I held up a corn husk and said, "Those are your beds." Everyone immediately knew what to say: "Corn husks!?"
*sigh* I wish someone in my family listened to Adventures in Odyssey...
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. Q&A thread HERE. "SHNOOD IS THE OLDBIE NEWBIE AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THAT TITLE" - Belle
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Today we travelled to Dubuque, Iowa and there was a street called Wooten. :)

HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

My mom got a book for Christmas called,
Jesus, My Father, the CIA, And Me.
When she read off the title, I thought, "It's Jason's autobiography!"
But it was written by somebody named Ian.

-- December 30th, 2013, 5:12 pm --
Samantha14 wrote:My parents just looked at me as though I'd grown a third eye...
Ha!
That made me think of "Wrapped Around Your Finger"
when Eugene walks in and wonders why everyone is "staring at me as if I had grown a third nostril?"
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:My mom got a book for Christmas called,
aw !
I wish it really was. This should be a thing. :jason

The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

I was reading the biography of John R. Rice last week, and the author of the book was talking about a conversation he had with a man when he went to preach a meeting in Klamath Falls, Oregon. Though I looked in the Official Guide for it, and I couldn't find it, I distinctly remember reading a behind the scenes segment about one of the show's characters (I believe it was Mitch) working their first job at a fast food joint named "Ken's Burger Den", and how the author derived that name from his first job at the real Ken's Burger Den in Klamath Falls.
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Today I was reading a book about the CIA and it said that the FBI established a training center in Budapest, Hungary. I had just listened to the ep where Mitch goes to Budapest. So there really is a training center there! (of all places)

shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

TOJ, I remember that too. It was Mitch.
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. Q&A thread HERE. "SHNOOD IS THE OLDBIE NEWBIE AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THAT TITLE" - Belle
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

Ameraka wrote:
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:My mom got a book for Christmas called,
aw !
I wish it really was. This should be a thing. :jason
YEAH!
Hey, all you good writers, any volunteers to be JASON'S GHOST WRITER?!?!
that would be AWESOME!
:jason :jason
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

I would like to do this! Maybe when I am done with the projects I am doing now. I'm not totally sure how that would work though. Is there such a thing as a ghost writer for a fictional character? It would basically be fanfiction from a first person POV. Would it be like an autobiography?

:jason

HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

I've seen people write biographies (of other people) in the first person, and it's pretty cool.
(PS I can't wait to see it!)
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

My Odyssey occurrences in the last week and a half:

I was at the public library last Wednesday, and I passed the little kid section, when a title caught my eye. The Kid Who Ran for President. The cover was of a kid in a top hat with an American flag in the background. This reminded me of the illustration of Curt Stevens as on the platform during the episode Mayor for a Day.

I'm on vacation currently, and in the undisclosed location I am at, there are many confectionaries, with even more licorice. I went into several of them, and each time I would pass the licorice products, guess what character I thought about. :)

Finally, I was riding on a tourist train yesterday, and they were playing "train ride music." One of the songs repeated the phrase "train ride boogie" in the chorus, which called to memory the episode Train Ride from The Lost Episodes collection.
NateVONgreat
Cookies & Creme

I had a friend come from abroad and stay with my family for a week, and he is studying languages, so he always talks in high complicated English, (as opposed to my slur of half low English and Hebrew that I mix together, sigh , being a bilingual can sometimes me so hard, maybe I should read more books?).

anyway, he talks just like Eugene, sometimes cutting his sentences (or mine) before finishing, to tell about the origin of a word or its meaning, or something.

Sandwiches are wonderful
Sandwiches are fine!
I like sandwiches, I eat them all the time!
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

We had a small get-together with a few families and teens from our church tonight. One of the men was talking about how he has to repair the swimming pool down at our church camp, to which another of the men replied, "Yeah, he's the pool boy." I thought, "Isn't that the band on Odyssey?" I just looked it up on AIOWiki, and my nerdiness was correct. :mrgreen:
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

A visiting pastor from California was at church Sunday, his name is... BART!!!!!!
Proud K.R.E Member
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

I was going to an afternoon service at a church in the area, (I'm still part of my regular church. This is a church of like mind that our youth/assistant pastor was speaking at that afternoon. I and one other guy went out to support him.) and on the drive back, the assistant pastor, for some random reason, says, "For whom the bell tolls." My first thought: "For Whom the Wedding Bell Tolls".