Explain Episodes Badly

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!
Monica Stone
Caramel Crunch

Explain Episodes Badly

Perhaps many of you are aware of the trend awhile back where people describe film plots badly. The trend's title is self-explanatory. I thought it would be fun to describe Odyssey episodes badly! There are so many episodes and so many can easily be described in a weird way.

The Ties That Bind: Elderly man refuses to hang a festival poster in his ice cream shop which leads to vandalism, sabotage, and a hospitalization.

A Sacrificial Escape: Middle-school boy locks classmates in a room and threatens them with asphyxiation to test the strength of their moral compasses.

I'll think of some others another time. You guys got any? ;)
Be the reason someone smiles today.
djchatswithu
Cookies & Creme

Buried Sin Two boys find a box buried in the ground with a letter confessing to a murder. one of the boys wants to find the person unaware that the victim was his great grandmother.

Harlow Doyle, Private Eye A very dimwitted detective attempts to find a girl's missing faith

The Mortal Coil an experiment lands an elderly man in a coma, and gives one of his friends/employee's a taste of Hell.

Yeah, I like this idea, but Its quite hard for me to write bad descriptions.
ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

This is a fun topic! I'm not that good at it either; I could only think of a few.

The Long End parts 1-3: Teenage boy learns about his family and gets inheritance by staring at painting, breaking a mirror, and turning in his mentor.

Take Every Thought Captive: Local bully experiences life-changing Room of Consequence adventure only to continue bullying people.

Snow Day: Door Dash delivery kid goes through life-threatening snowball fights to deliver some cookie crumbs.
"Next up, Mark Morgan's message to all math maniacs in the middle school is meaningful if you mingle by the mezzanine for a momentous mix of methodological mayhem and a menagerie of multiplicative inversions. Ha ha ha! I bet I could say this backwards. Inversions multiplicative of menagerie a and mayhem methodological..."
Carl
Caramel Crunch

Blackgaard's Revenge: A dead super villain returns through a computer and terrorizes a young girl.
Buckles shipper. Visit my Odyssey website at http://odyssey-news.com/.

Trista: Isn't it great to be an indevidual now, not just someone who wears what society tells them to wear?
Jules: But your telling my what to wear.
Trista: Of course, I'm your publicist, it's my job.

~#902 California Dreams, Part 1~
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

I like this topic! This should be fun. :)

I Slap Floor: Man brainwashes entire town with bottle of cologne.

Happy Hunting: Young roommate quits job and attempts at finding happiness by breaking various body parts.

Nothing But the Half Truth: Crazy mailman tries imitating his serious brother by doing the chicken dance on a golf course in order to make business deal.

Do or Diet: Three fat men try losing weight in order to encourage young restaurant employee.

Wow, that was harder than I thought it would be. I'll probably add more when I think of some. \:D/
-Signed, PolehausFifty-three

Member of The Emily Rules Klub (est. 2012)

“We have it translated in every language: (กฎของเอมิลี่, Emily es la mejor, 艾米莉规则, Emily Quy tắc!, エミリーは最高です, emilyyay ulesray!, Эмили Правила!, Emily é a melhor, एमिली नियम!, Emily est la meilleure!, إميلي هي الأفضل!, Emily Kuralları!, אמילי שולטת!, Emily Regeln!, 에밀리 담당!, Si Emily ang pinakamahusay!, എമിലി രാജ്ഞിയാണ്!, એમિલી નિયમો!) that Emily RULES!”~The E.R.K.
Patterson
Strawberry

This game is amazing!
The Y.A.K Problem: kids get paranoid resulting in lonely army men, riots, and a solution to pollution.

A Class Act: A man experiences freedom from Charles' bellybutton and a pizza delivery donkey only to end up disappointing rich people.

Top This: A man locks himself in a room to not play polka music.

Hold Up: A thief is trapped in the Bible Room of Terror.

Another Man's Shoes: Shoes turn a kid into a bully who gets involved with a flower dealer.

The Buck Starts Here: An elderly man's money creates a terrible war and muffins.

To Mend or Repair: Tragic news leads to an elderly woman hating a short sighted dentist while a boy embarrasses a friend but makes up for it by giving her a milkshake that she's allergic to.

Nova Rising: A window washer's sidekick is a banana who is working for an evil organization that wants to make tv shows about pollution and plant care.

Not One of Us: Two girls, one of them underage, are trapped and forced to work until they are rescued by a shady electronics store manager.
MasterLink4eva
Strawberry
Location: The Warner Bros. Water Tower with Yakko, Wakko, and Dot.

The Novacom Saga:
Connie finally gets a boyfriend, but he's secretly an FBI agent who tries to stop a box from controlling people's minds.
Wooton: Penny?
Penny: Yes?
Wooton: Will you marry me?
Penny: *gasp* WHAAAAAAAT?!?!?! O.o
THIS MOMENT MEANT THE WORLD TO ME :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:
I love Rueben :)
Peachey Keen
Caramel Crunch

Idol Minds: Robot replaces wise man.

Hold Up: Whit changes Whit's End into a haunted house.

Blackgaard's Revenge: A computer program kidnaps a girl by quoting "Anne of Green Gables".
djchatswithu
Cookies & Creme

Peachey Keen wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:50 pm

Blackgaard's Revenge: A computer program kidnaps a girl by quoting "Anne of Green Gables".
I thought this was explain episodes badly, not vaguely!
MasterLink4eva
Strawberry
Location: The Warner Bros. Water Tower with Yakko, Wakko, and Dot.

Peachey Keen wrote: ↑Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:50 pm

I thought this was explain episodes badly, not vaguely!
Well I mean, she/he tried!
Wooton: Penny?
Penny: Yes?
Wooton: Will you marry me?
Penny: *gasp* WHAAAAAAAT?!?!?! O.o
THIS MOMENT MEANT THE WORLD TO ME :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:
I love Rueben :)
Bob
Caramel Crunch

I made a few parody 'reviews' back in the day that are recognizably similar to this idea. Two examples that I have, both for Family Portrait episodes:

Gone Fishing: "Chuck Bolte gets mad and quits his job and goes fishing. Hal Smith comes and sets him straight. The greatest episode of all time."

House Guest: "D.J. Harner is really worried about her dad Hal Smith's health and keeps being upset about things he does that she thinks are unhealthy, but Chuck Bolte tells her to calm down. Best episode ever."

(Using the names of the cast rather than the names of the characters adds a certain flavor that I think is appropriate to the parodic process.)
A classic never goes out of style.
Bob
Caramel Crunch

From a similar time period, although not a similar style.

Dental Dilemma: "The dentist PULLS ALL OF THE GIRL'S TEETH and then threatens to steal all of her brother's blood. he should be sued for malpractice, not given a medal."
Promises, Promises: "connie says things that are not true and screams at kids. how rude."
ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

A little while ago, I saw a comment on the Club describing "Mistaken for Good":
"Two boys give a granny yellow socks and they rip her off."
"Next up, Mark Morgan's message to all math maniacs in the middle school is meaningful if you mingle by the mezzanine for a momentous mix of methodological mayhem and a menagerie of multiplicative inversions. Ha ha ha! I bet I could say this backwards. Inversions multiplicative of menagerie a and mayhem methodological..."
Bob
Caramel Crunch

The Day after Christmas:
A rich girl is bored with her Christmas presents and causes vandals to threaten an impoverished older woman.

Nothing to Fear:
A boy devises an evil plan, trapping a girl in the basement and challenging her to escape. Whit does nothing to prevent this from happening.

The Last Great Adventure of the Summer:
A boy is threatened with bodily harm when he takes the trash out.

Choices:
A girl who doesn't know how to make right decisions comes to Whit's End. After failing to change her, Whit and Connie form a mob to throw her out.

Heatwave:
Jack learns that stalking someone is a good way to befriend them.

Two Sides to Every Story:
When their parents are gone, Donna and Jimmy start to flood the house, and then try to burn it down.

Missing Person:
Rodney decides to avoid playing baseball by getting trapped in a barn.

Not One of Us:
Connie discriminates against Bart, and is surprised when he bails her out of jail.

A Thanksgiving Carol:
KYDS Radio runs a program on the need for redistribution of wealth to be able to do things in our society.

Tales of Moderation:
Technology is shown to be dangerous, when a man is killed by his talking car.

Gloobers:
Jared learns that it's dangerous to play games on hard mode.

Always:
Bethany demonstrates that when you're allowed to make up words, your odds of winning at Scrabble go up.