The E.R.K. (Emily Rules Klub)

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!

Classify yourself below.

Emily lover
22%
Emily moderate
21%
ERK lover
14%
ERK moderate
11%
I just like contests
13%
I just like castles
19%

Total votes: 63

ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

Polehaus53 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:20 pm
Monica Stone wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:31 am
Gah! I didn't realize the long neck thing before. That's going to bother me. :noway:
Ugh, yeah. Now I'm looking at all of Emily's artwork and picking out the ones where her neck is long. :x
I can point out disturbing things about almost all character art if you want :twisted: (example: Barrett has huge feet and exceptionally skinny legs)
Monica Stone wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:48 pm
I said before that I don't think Emily has grown too much in terms of lessons learned. But this saga has pushed her to her limits and shown different and interesting facets of her character. I have loved hearing it because it's fascinting but have felt so bad for her at the same time. And I think kinda broken her tbh (she was losing her mind in "Further from the Truth" and "The Rydell Revelations") and I hope she'll be okay. THIS GIRL. What is it with Odyssey giving her arcs in sagas where her trust is absolutely shattered in others? Buck in the GRC/Ties that Bind and now Morrie & Suzu in the Rydell Saga! #GiveEmilyAVacation2k20
That's interesting how Morrie and Suzu parallel Buck a bit in how their relationship/trust with Emily was broken. But Emily did grow to trust Buck again (not as well as before of course), I think. Maybe she'll eventually do the same with Morrie and Suzu. Maybe that'll be part 2 of the Rydell Saga.
"Next up, Mark Morgan's message to all math maniacs in the middle school is meaningful if you mingle by the mezzanine for a momentous mix of methodological mayhem and a menagerie of multiplicative inversions. Ha ha ha! I bet I could say this backwards. Inversions multiplicative of menagerie a and mayhem methodological..."
Monica Stone
Caramel Crunch

119 PAGES!!! *throws confetti*
Carl wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:46 am
YES! I will pm both of you with my theory.
I look forward to it :D
ASmouseInTheHouse wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:45 pm
I can point out disturbing things about almost all character art if you want :twisted: (example: Barrett has huge feet and exceptionally skinny legs)
No thanks. I prefer enjoying the art for what is and not noticing all the strange stuff that sometimes comes along with it. :noway: I already noticed the Barrett thing, though. Why. Why.
ASmouseInTheHouse wrote:
That's interesting how Morrie and Suzu parallel Buck a bit in how their relationship/trust with Emily was broken. But Emily did grow to trust Buck again (not as well as before of course), I think. Maybe she'll eventually do the same with Morrie and Suzu. Maybe that'll be part 2 of the Rydell Saga.
Buck was apologetic about his actions, though. And he was undeniably pretty smooth in a way I think Emily struggled to begrudge. His manipulation only occurred over the course of a few days. Not sure how long he was in JD, but definitely long enough so Emily could process her feelings & forgive him. Emily was manipulated by him and her feelings were hurt. I won't justify his actions because they were obviously wrong, but his contrition was sincere. Buck treated Emily with nothing but goodness and kindness after his apology. That made him easier to trust.

I think Morrie is kind of a sociopath. Sure, he claims to help her by testing her, but in reality, Emily's feelings and trust are little more than just a little hurt. She was tricked into thinking she would die & she basically lost control of her mind when it was snatched by the cobble box. Like, did you hear her in "The Rydell Revelations"? She never reacted to Buck in the same way; she was losing her mind. Not knowing who was toying with her & traumatizing her was driving her mad. And when she finds out, she's shocked to her core. Morrie has played it dumb & often acted extremely contrary to his true self. Suzu didn't try to hide her intellect, but she always played herself as so innocent. She absolutely foiled Emily in "The Key Suspect". Just the knowledge Emily has gone months, thinking she has been their friend (or at least their close acquaintance) but has been outwitted, outmaneuvered, and manipulated by them at every turn must be eating her up inside. There are parallels between the relationships of Buck/Emily and Morrie/Suzu/Emily but also many differences.
Be the reason someone smiles today.
ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

Monica Stone wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:49 pm
I think Morrie is kind of a sociopath. Sure, he claims to help her by testing her, but in reality, Emily's feelings and trust are little more than just a little hurt. She was tricked into thinking she would die & she basically lost control of her mind when it was snatched by the cobble box. Like, did you hear her in "The Rydell Revelations"? She never reacted to Buck in the same way; she was losing her mind. Not knowing who was toying with her & traumatizing her was driving her mad. And when she finds out, she's shocked to her core. Morrie has played it dumb & often acted extremely contrary to his true self. Suzu didn't try to hide her intellect, but she always played herself as so innocent. She absolutely foiled Emily in "The Key Suspect". Just the knowledge Emily has gone months, thinking she has been their friend (or at least their close acquaintance) but has been outwitted, outmaneuvered, and manipulated by them at every turn must be eating her up inside. There are parallels between the relationships of Buck/Emily and Morrie/Suzu/Emily but also many differences.
Morrie and Suzu are the next level.
Poor Emily. :boohoo:
Monica Stone wrote:
Not sure how long he was in JD, but definitely long enough so Emily could process her feelings & forgive him.
Good point. Now I'm thinking, hm, Emily will still see Morrie and Suzu around at school and maybe even out of school, unlike what happened with Buck. Yikes. I wonder how that will look.
And again, it all leads back to Let's Call the Whole Thing Off.

119 PAGES! Let's keep it up! \:D/
"Next up, Mark Morgan's message to all math maniacs in the middle school is meaningful if you mingle by the mezzanine for a momentous mix of methodological mayhem and a menagerie of multiplicative inversions. Ha ha ha! I bet I could say this backwards. Inversions multiplicative of menagerie a and mayhem methodological..."
Carl
Caramel Crunch

Monica Stone wrote:
ASmouseInTheHouse wrote:
Buck was apologetic about his actions, though. And he was undeniably pretty smooth in a way I think Emily struggled to begrudge. His manipulation only occurred over the course of a few days. Not sure how long he was in JD, but definitely long enough so Emily could process her feelings & forgive him. Emily was manipulated by him and her feelings were hurt. I won't justify his actions because they were obviously wrong, but his contrition was sincere. Buck treated Emily with nothing but goodness and kindness after his apology. That made him easier to trust.

Agreed! Yes! 119 Pages!
Buckles shipper. Visit my Odyssey website at http://odyssey-news.com/.

Trista: Isn't it great to be an indevidual now, not just someone who wears what society tells them to wear?
Jules: But your telling my what to wear.
Trista: Of course, I'm your publicist, it's my job.

~#902 California Dreams, Part 1~
Monica Stone
Caramel Crunch

ASmouseInTheHouse wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:14 pm
Morrie and Suzu are the next level.
Poor Emily. :boohoo:
Monica Stone wrote:
Not sure how long he was in JD, but definitely long enough so Emily could process her feelings & forgive him.
Good point. Now I'm thinking, hm, Emily will still see Morrie and Suzu around at school and maybe even out of school, unlike what happened with Buck. Yikes. I wonder how that will look.
And again, it all leads back to Let's Call the Whole Thing Off.
I have been thinking about this alot lately. Emily would totally avoid the Rydells at school at all costs, whether that means ducking behind something to remain hidden or simply walking across a room to avoid them. She would avoid Whit and Whit's End, too, especially when she hears that Whit has taken in these children. I kinda started writing fanfic about Emily's thought processes if anyone is interested. I wrote it for myself and it's kinda an examination of the thoughts she could be having. I could post it on another thread when I finish it if anybody is interested.

I mean, like the clue in the escape room said, "All roads lead to Let's Call the Whole Thing Off." I'm paraphrasing, of course ;) Album 70, come soon!
ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

Sounds interesting, I'd like to read it!
Carl
Caramel Crunch

ASmouseInTheHouse wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:01 pm
Sounds interesting, I'd like to read it!
Me as well!

Trista: Isn't it great to be an indevidual now, not just someone who wears what society tells them to wear?

Monica Stone
Caramel Crunch

Okay, thanks for letting me know that you guys are interested! Still working on writing it. It's only a one-shot I think.

An interview with Cristina Pucelli came out on the Official Podcast today! It was fun, y'all should listen to it.
Cristina Pucelli was worried about Emily after reading the script for "A Sacrificial Escape" and had a few concerned questions for the directors about her character. Oof, what a mood. :anxious:
Last edited by Monica Stone on Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carl
Caramel Crunch

Monica Stone wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:18 am
Okay, thanks for letting me know that you guys are interested! Still working on writing it. It's only a one-shot I think.

An interview with Cristina Pucelli came out on the Official Podcast today! It was fun, y'all should listen to it.
Cristina Pucelli was worried about Emily after reading the script for "A Sacrificial Escape" and had a few questions for the directors about her character. Oof, what a mood. :anxious:
Yes, I heard it!

MonkeyDude
Cookies & Creme

ASmouseInTheHouse wrote:

It's truly an honor to play such an insignificant role in carrying on this legacy. Well done lads. The war is in our favor. Cheers to 119 more pages!
Monica Stone wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:25 pm
I love "The Key Suspect" though! Their banter was excellent. They were so much fun and they good-naturedly teased each other. Also, I would like to mention something I personally find significant. Emily has dropped the "sidekick" gag and called him her "partner"!! It was probably done for the sake of the joke ("not partner partners") but I kinda see it as another turning point for Emily.

(I really want to quote your whole post cause it was so good but I don't want this to be a gargantuan message haha)

But yeah I also noticed the 'sidekick' thing! Emily has so much subtle character development you'll miss if you're not looking. I really, really appreciate that detail even if it wasn't intentional by the writers. Really good observation!
Polehaus53 wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:22 pm
Yes, I noticed this as well. I think it had something to do with the different actors he had during that time. I'll have to take more time examining this, though. I can briefly say that I thought Matthew and his interactions with Emily's interactions were fine in The Ties That Bind. Emily's first episode with Matthew's third actor, Justin Felbinger, was in "The Case of the Ball Cap Hero," and I agree that Matthew was a bit out of character. I didn't like "Parker for President" that much either, but I think "The Key Suspect" was good. Actually, I feel like it was after Justin Felbinger's voice changed that Matthew's writing got stronger.
Yeah, in most part it probably was the VA change. I completely agree with you that Matthew's writing seemed to get better when his voice changed. There's a good chance this is all just phsychcological though haha!
Monica Stone wrote: I also want to know how Matthew will react to Morrie & Suzu's guilt and juxtapose it to Emily's response. We haven't really seen Matthew in this kinda place before...? It's such a unique situation. Emily has been utterly manipulated before, by Buck, but it isn't comparable. Plus, he never hurt her in the way Morrie & Suzu did. He toyed with her feelings but he never, uhm, tricked her into thinking she was going to die and kidnapped her imagination. And Buck was ultimately repentant! Morrie & Suzu aren't. Whit isn't. There's going to be so much conflict and I'm here for it! ....As long as they don't make Whit the morally just of the four. Because.......y'know, I have ranted about it enough on the ToO. We all know Whit was a manipulative & deceptive person (who had good intentions but executed them extremely poorly).
Holy cow, I did not realize all this until I just read it. Dude, I really, really need this now. ahhhh so many feelings here

Monica Stone wrote: Matthew & Emily have been grown as people and as friends. They are at a point where I could feasibly see them get together when they're young adults. I really don't want any romantic goosh now but it could be really interesting when they're older. I kinda felt almost more-than-friends tension in "The Rydell Revelations" but I felt weird about expressing that at first because I am a big supporter of letting platonic male/female relationships be without mixing undue romance into it.

I skimmed what you wrote the first time and I thought you were saying you shipped Morrie & Emily currently and I nearly had a stroke. That's what happens when you skim things. :anxious: I think they are interesting as characters and I know Emily is probably furious at him now so I wanna see where this goes. Since Morrie thinks he did no wrong, Emily is especially not going to be sympathetic to such a notion. Morrie is going to first have to reject the idea that his actions were good before they even think of becoming friends. Emily will need to forgive Morrie & Suzu (& Whit???) obviously, but forgiving them doesn't necessarily mean creating bonds with them. Curious to see how this will progress.

Sorta on-topic, but it was somewhat emotionally satisfying when Emily exploded at Morrie in "Further from the Truth." Like, it's been 4 years of build-up and even if she only snapped for a trivial reason, it was satisfying for me to hear her yell at him.
Literally yes to every bit of this haha! Sorry, I nearly gave you a stroke though haha!

Polehaus53 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:20 pm
ASmouseInTheHouse wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:02 am
Another question: What are everyone's thoughts on Emily's artwork?
I generally like all Odyssey artwork. I do often notice artwork that is not as good as others, but I don't dwell on it. Emily's artwork can be inconsistent at times, but I like it.
Actually, I don't mind this artwork that much...
It's the other one that I dislike:
ASmouseInTheHouse wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:01 pm
(is she part giraffe? :P )
Seriously, you have to wonder...
Monica Stone wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:31 am
Gah! I didn't realize the long neck thing before. That's going to bother me. :noway:
Ugh, yeah. Now I'm looking at all of Emily's artwork and picking out the ones where her neck is long. :x
Carl wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:55 pm
I think this is the closest Gary Locke has come to the Emily art in my mind.
I agree. I like that one. But one of the other ones I like is this one:
Image Emily looks pretty good, I think.
As far as Emily's character design goes, I really like it! Sometime you have those characters that look super different in your mind but luckily Emily has never been like that for me. I just see her and it's like "Yup. That is in fact Emily."

(Dude also you guys are killing me with the Gary Locke illustrations lololol)
Polehaus53 wrote: To be honest, I am sort of burned out with the Rydell Saga as a whole because of the complicated, lengthy discussion(s) over this question. But no worries; I'm still very interested and excited for the upcoming Rydell Saga episodes. \:D/ I actually have a basic plot outline drawn out for Let's Call the Whole Thing Off, if anybody is interested or wants to theorize with me.
While I still got a bit of fuel left in me for the Rydell Saga, I defintely respect that. I tend to get really fixated on things for a couple weeks and then just completely burn out on them for a little bit. This pattern tends to work really well for Odyssey actually since there's about 6 months in between albums now haha! But yeah, I feel ya. That being said though, I've been trying to kinda ditch this habit cause it can make commiting to things kinda difficult.
Monica Stone wrote:

Dang, go off Monica! As much as I really want to see Emily's dynamic with the Rydells, they doused that bridge in gasoline, sent the flames up to the heavens, danced among the charred reamains and left it completely decimated. I honestly have a hard time processing just how much manipulation has occured at the hand of Morrie and Suzu these past couple albums. The thing is, I really want to justify it. I've fallen in love with Morrie and Suzu's characters. But it can't be justified. There are productive ways to bring out the good in people and, I don't believe pretending to sufficate them is one of those ways. And while I do believe that, as a christian, Emily should forgive Morrie and Suzu once she has mental worked through it, Emily really isn't the one we should be focussing on.

Like you mentioned, from what we know, Morrie and Suzu aren't even remorsful about the way they carried things out yet. And if 'Lets Call The Whole Thing Off' chooses to focus on Emily struggling to forgive the Rydells rather then showing Morrie and Suzu the concequences of their actions, I'll be a little sad.
*Finger guns aggressively*
Monica Stone
Caramel Crunch

MonkeyDude wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:43 am
But yeah I also noticed the 'sidekick' thing! Emily has so much subtle character development you'll miss if you're not looking. I really, really appreciate that detail even if it wasn't intentional by the writers. Really good observation!
There are so many subtle details that are easy to miss and are often overlooked by fans. Emily is such a great, nuanced character. At face value, she's just another one of those determined, clever characters, but she has a lot of layers.
MonkeyDude wrote:
Dang, go off Monica! As much as I really want to see Emily's dynamic with the Rydells, they doused that bridge in gasoline, sent the flames up to the heavens, danced among the charred reamains and left it completely decimated. I honestly have a hard time processing just how much manipulation has occured at the hand of Morrie and Suzu these past couple albums. The thing is, I really want to justify it. I've fallen in love with Morrie and Suzu's characters. But it can't be justified. There are productive ways to bring out the good in people and, I don't believe pretending to suffocate them is one of those ways.
Dude, you're spot on with your metaphor lol. The extreme manipulation was hard for me to process when the show veered away from portrayed Morrie as a super-villain (as he seemed to be in "A Sacrificial Escape") to a broken but still really manipulative kid. Before "The Rydell Revelations", I expected Morrie to be faced with criminal charges and spend some jailtime. It was easier to swallow thinking that his actions would be punished by law. Now the show has to deal with and develop Morrie & Suzu's intricate characters episode by episode. None of this "the bad guys get locked away and the good characters lived happily ever after until something entirely unrelated arises" stuff that Odyssey usually does. From a writing standpoint, the writers took the harder road.

I love Morrie, Suzu, and Emily. All three of them. But there is a delicate balance that must be maintained between dealing with the repercussions of Morrie & Suzu's actions & starting to move past their past actions. You can't pretend that they didn't hurt anyone, but you also can't stay stuck on it forever.
MonkeyDude wrote:
Like you mentioned, from what we know, Morrie and Suzu aren't even remorsful about the way they carried things out yet.
Morrie is canonically unremorseful because he doesn't view his actions as wrong (Nathan Hoobler said as much!).

Suzu, though, only appears to be unremorseful. Suzu would be a lot easier to forgive if she was only involved with the student body election, locker incident, and the writer's ruse mystery. By her brother's own admission, she was extraordinarily touched by how she brightened Matthew & Emily's day by the writer's ruse mystery. You can tell she really likes her new friends and "wants to do what is right" for them. Morrie doesn't directly involve Suzu in the student project fund scam or the cobble box escapade so Suzu isn't to blame with those situations. But what the heck, Suzu? The escape room was your idea? Really? Why? I could see Morrie talking Suzu into helping with the escape room ("But Suzu, I'm trying to help them! I thought you said you wanted to do what's right for your new friends...") but the fact that she thought of the escape room boggles my mind. It was never Suzu's schtick to "bring out the good in people" so I don't know what she was trying to accomplish with the escape room. Yeah, she likes mentally challenging herself, but that doesn't align with what Morrie says to be her motivations. Suzu, you hurt my brain.
MonkeyDude wrote:
And while I do believe that, as a christian, Emily should forgive Morrie and Suzu once she has mental worked through it, Emily really isn't the one we should be focussing on.
Perhaps Emily should not be the primary focus, but she should and will be involved. She is the biggest part of Morrie & Suzu making peace with their life in Odyssey.
MonkeyDude wrote:
And if 'Lets Call The Whole Thing Off' chooses to focus on Emily struggling to forgive the Rydells rather then showing Morrie and Suzu the concequences of their actions, I'll be a little sad.
I think "Let's Call the Whole Thing Off" could very much be "The Homecoming" but for Morrie and Suzu. Perhaps this episode will be a little homage to it. One of the themes of album 70 is "new beginnings" so take that as you will.

"The Homecoming" featured Richard Maxwell begging for the forgiveness of those he hurt. He was the central focus, but the episode excellently showed the reactions & struggles of Lucy, Tom, and Eugene in particular. Lucy was so upset & hurt that she didn't know how to process everything but knew that forgiving him was the right thing to do (so she did it). Tom could barely speak to Richard out of bitterness and couldn't bring himself to forgive Richard for years. Eugene forgave Richard but couldn't trust Richard enough to befriend him.

"Let's Call the Whole Thing Off" could have Morrie & Suzu trying to befriend Emily, Matthew, and Olivia to varying degrees of sucess. Morrie & Suzu both really do want to become friends with Emily, Matthew, & Olivia. Olivia is sympathetic & responds compassionately but with some surprise & hesitance. Matthew treats them kindly but with an extremely wary eye and distrust. Emily, though, is stone cold and she tries to avoid them at all costs (she was the one most affected by them). The concept of asking for forgiveness is foreign to Morrie & Suzu. Morrie at least isn't apologetic for what he did. Suzu may be, but Morrie isn't. He doesn't see "the big deal" about what he did since he believes he helped others. That creates a roadblock in reconciling. Whit talks to Morrie throughout the episode and advises him. Maybe by the end of this episode, he begins to see the error of his ways.
Last edited by Monica Stone on Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

ASmouseInTheHouse wrote:
YES! Let's celebrate! 119 pages!
MonkeyDude wrote:
Polehaus53 wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:22 pm
Yes, I noticed this as well. I think it had something to do with the different actors he had during that time. I'll have to take more time examining this, though. I can briefly say that I thought Matthew and his interactions with Emily's interactions were fine in The Ties That Bind. Emily's first episode with Matthew's third actor, Justin Felbinger, was in "The Case of the Ball Cap Hero," and I agree that Matthew was a bit out of character. I didn't like "Parker for President" that much either, but I think "The Key Suspect" was good. Actually, I feel like it was after Justin Felbinger's voice changed that Matthew's writing got stronger.
Yeah, in most part it probably was the VA change. I completely agree with you that Matthew's writing seemed to get better when his voice changed. There's a good chance this is all just phsychcological though haha!
:lol: Yeah, it could be. Is it just me, or does Matthew sound a little bit like Trent DeWhite?
MonkeyDude wrote:
Polehaus53 wrote: To be honest, I am sort of burned out with the Rydell Saga as a whole because of the complicated, lengthy discussion(s) over this question. But no worries; I'm still very interested and excited for the upcoming Rydell Saga episodes. \:D/ I actually have a basic plot outline drawn out for Let's Call the Whole Thing Off, if anybody is interested or wants to theorize with me.
While I still got a bit of fuel left in me for the Rydell Saga, I defintely respect that. I tend to get really fixated on things for a couple weeks and then just completely burn out on them for a little bit. This pattern tends to work really well for Odyssey actually since there's about 6 months in between albums now haha! But yeah, I feel ya. That being said though, I've been trying to kinda ditch this habit cause it can make commiting to things kinda difficult.
Yep, same here.
MonkeyDude wrote:
Like you mentioned, from what we know, Morrie and Suzu aren't even remorsful about the way they carried things out yet. And if 'Lets Call The Whole Thing Off' chooses to focus on Emily struggling to forgive the Rydells rather then showing Morrie and Suzu the concequences of their actions, I'll be a little sad.
Yep, I really hope we see the consequences of the Morrie and Suzu's actions. I'll also be disappointed if they dismiss that.
Monica Stone wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:07 am
MonkeyDude wrote:
And if 'Lets Call The Whole Thing Off' chooses to focus on Emily struggling to forgive the Rydells rather then showing Morrie and Suzu the concequences of their actions, I'll be a little sad.
I think "Let's Call the Whole Thing Off" could very much be "The Homecoming" but for Morrie and Suzu. Perhaps this episode will be a little homage to it. One of the themes of album 70 is "new beginnings" so take that as you will.

"The Homecoming" featured Richard Maxwell begging for the forgiveness of those he hurt. He was the central focus, but the episode excellently showed the reactions & struggles of Lucy, Tom, and Eugene in particular. Lucy was so upset & hurt that she didn't know how to process everything but knew that forgiving him was the right thing to do (so she did it). Tom could barely speak to Richard out of bitterness and couldn't bring himself to forgive Richard for years. Eugene forgave Richard but couldn't trust Richard enough to befriend him.

"Let's Call the Whole Thing Off" could have Morrie & Suzu trying to befriend Emily, Matthew, and Olivia to varying degrees of sucess. Morrie & Suzu both really do want to become friends with Emily, Morrie, & Suzu. Olivia is sympathetic & responds compassionately but with some surprise & hesitance. Matthew treats them kindly but with an extremely wary eye and distrust. Emily, though, is stone cold and she tries to avoid them at all costs (she was the one most affected by them). The concept of asking for forgiveness is foreign to Morrie & Suzu. Morrie at least isn't apologetic for what he did. Suzu may be, but Morrie isn't. He doesn't see "the big deal" about what he did since he believes he helped others. That creates a roadblock in reconciling. Whit talks to Morrie throughout the episode and advises him. Maybe by the end of this episode, he begins to see the error of his ways.
That would be very interesting! It certainly seems like the kind of thing that would happen.

ERK Topic Starter
Earlier this year, the AIO Team released a 12 episode special collection of all the Jones and Parker Detective Agency episodes:
This compilation includes the following episodes:
#658: “Game for a Mystery”
#661: “When You’re Right, You’re Right”
#670: “Stage Fright”
#674: “Square One”
#677: “The Malted Milkball Falcon”
#699: “Emily the Genius”
#713: “Something Old, Something New,” Part 1
#714: “Something Old, Something New,” Part 2
#722: “The Lost Riddle”
#732: “Repent after Me”
#733: “Big Trouble under the Big Top”
#786: “The Case of the Ball Cap Hero”

It also includes a bonus insert containing a Jones & Parker Case File, originally published in Focus on the Family Clubhouse Magazine.

What do you all think of it?
-Signed, PolehausFifty-three

Member of The Emily Rules Klub (est. 2012)

“We have it translated in every language: (กฎของเอมิลี่, Emily es la mejor, 艾米莉规则, Emily Quy tắc!, エミリーは最高です, emilyyay ulesray!, Эмили Правила!, Emily é a melhor, एमिली नियम!, Emily est la meilleure!, إميلي هي الأفضل!, Emily Kuralları!, אמילי שולטת!, Emily Regeln!, 에밀리 담당!, Si Emily ang pinakamahusay!, എമിലി രാജ്ഞിയാണ്!, એમિલી નિયમો!) that Emily RULES!”~The E.R.K.
Monica Stone
Caramel Crunch

Polehaus53 wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:57 am
Is it just me, or does Matthew sound a little bit like Trent DeWhite?
Matthew's voice changed (thank GOODNESS they didn't swap Justin Felbinger out for a fourth actor) and after that happened, I also think he sounds like Trent Dewhite after Trent's voice changed. Matthew & Trent have pretty different personlities so I don't usually think about it but yeah I agree.
Polehaus53 wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:57 am
ERK Topic Starter
Earlier this year, the AIO Team released a 12 episode special collection of all the Jones and Parker Detective Agency episodes:
This compilation includes the following episodes:
#658: “Game for a Mystery”
#661: “When You’re Right, You’re Right”
#670: “Stage Fright”
#674: “Square One”
#677: “The Malted Milkball Falcon”
#699: “Emily the Genius”
#713: “Something Old, Something New,” Part 1
#714: “Something Old, Something New,” Part 2
#722: “The Lost Riddle”
#732: “Repent after Me”
#733: “Big Trouble under the Big Top”
#786: “The Case of the Ball Cap Hero”

It also includes a bonus insert containing a Jones & Parker Case File, originally published in Focus on the Family Clubhouse Magazine.

What do you all think of it?
They were really streching it with some of those episodes. "When You're Right, You're Right", "Square One", and "Emily the Genius" only relates to the detective agency in that they include Emily & Matthew. "Repent After Me" doesn't even include Matthew but does involve a mystery + Emily. And they couldn't include the mysteries that are Rydell Saga episodes for obvious reasons.

This isn't something I'm thinking about buying because I prefer to buy the regular albums over the compilation albums. I discovered the existence of this album while still grieving over the break-up of the agency in like November so ouch. I think it's sweet that now there is an official compilation of Jones & Parker mysteries.

On an unrelated note, my younger sister owns the Jones & Parker Case files book \:D/ I haven't read most of it because I abhor some of the characterizations.

---Wednesday, September 30 ---
Has the E.R.K....died? It's been a few days lol. Sorry if I sound as though I'm pressuring. I would post again, but I don't want to double post.
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

Monica Stone wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:34 pm
"Repent After Me" doesn't even include Matthew but does involve a mystery + Emily.
It can still technically be considered a Jones and Parker mystery. There's a Jones kid in it, and there's a Parker kid in it! :mrgreen:
The Parker kid isn't Matthew, but Olivia is solving a mystery like Matthew would, so I suppose it can qualify.

Monica Stone wrote:
This isn't something I'm thinking about buying because I prefer to buy the regular albums over the compilation albums.
Same here.

Monica Stone wrote:
On an unrelated note, my younger sister owns the Jones & Parker Case files book \:D/ I haven't read most of it because I abhor some of the characterizations.
Is there something specific about the characterizations you dislike?
I've often wondered if they'll release a second edition. After all, it's been five years since the first one came out.

Carl wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:55 pm
I also imagine Emily's character art like that. I would like to see her with some different clothes every once and I while, and that goes for almost every Odyssey character (it seems every one on Odyssey has a closet full of the same clothes :evil: ).
Very true. Emily is always wearing the same green sweater in all of her artwork. But we know for a fact that she has at least three different pairs of pants.
She's wearing some purple ones on the cover of the Jones & Parker Case Files book:
And she has some blue jeans which she wears on the cover of album 67 and in the artwork for "Unsinkable, Part 1":
And those khaki pants (which seem to always be changing color) she wears everywhere else:
She also wore an entirely different outfit when she was a baby, but I guess she outgrew it.
Emily may very well have the record for owning more clothes (specifically pants) than anybody in Odyssey.

Monica Stone wrote:
Has the E.R.K....died? It's been a few days lol. Sorry if I sound as though I'm pressuring.
It hasn't necessarily died. There have been times in the past when there were long periods of time where nobody posted.

To quote our founder, Pound Foolish,
EMILY RULES! :P
-Signed, PolehausFifty-three

Member of The Emily Rules Klub (est. 2012)

“We have it translated in every language: (กฎของเอมิลี่, Emily es la mejor, 艾米莉规则, Emily Quy tắc!, エミリーは最高です, emilyyay ulesray!, Эмили Правила!, Emily é a melhor, एमिली नियम!, Emily est la meilleure!, إميلي هي الأفضل!, Emily Kuralları!, אמילי שולטת!, Emily Regeln!, 에밀리 담당!, Si Emily ang pinakamahusay!, എമിലി രാജ്ഞിയാണ്!, એમિલી નિયમો!) that Emily RULES!”~The E.R.K.
Monica Stone
Caramel Crunch

Polehaus53 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:19 pm
It can still technically be considered a Jones and Parker mystery. There's a Jones kid in it, and there's a Parker kid in it! :mrgreen:
The Parker kid isn't Matthew, but Olivia is solving a mystery like Matthew would, so I suppose it can qualify.
Ooh. The main characters are actually Olivia Parker & Barrett Jones (+Emily). It is a Jones & Parker Mystery, but mostly involving a different Jones & Parker.
Polehaus53 wrote:
Is there something specific about the characterizations you dislike?
I've often wondered if they'll release a second edition. After all, it's been five years since the first one came out.
I don't dislike all of the characterizations. Emily & Matthew usually are good. One thing in particular I remember loathing was Valerie, Jay, and Vance chanting about how they were "villains." *shudders* It's something I try to forget.
Polehaus53 wrote:
Emily may very well have the record for owning more clothes (specifically pants) than anybody in Odyssey.
I noticed that as well, and you're probably right about her having more pants than any other characters. :noway: I so wish there was more variety in what characters wear in the art.
Polehaus53 wrote:
It hasn't necessarily died. There have been times in the past when there were long periods of time where nobody posted.

To quote our founder, Pound Foolish,
EMILY RULES! :P
I love the E.R.K. haha (if you haven't noticed)! We gotta appreciate that it had a whole website active awhile back.

I'm trying to figure out something unique I could do with this klub for all the members. Something to rally everyone together into something fun, maybe. I dunno. I'll probably look back at all the past E.R.K. posts. If anybody has any ideas about something fun we could do with the klub, let me know!
ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

Monica Stone wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:46 pm
I'm trying to figure out something unique I could do with this klub for all the members. Something to rally everyone together into something fun, maybe. I dunno. I'll probably look back at all the past E.R.K. posts. If anybody has any ideas about something fun we could do with the klub, let me know!
Maybe we could do a collaboration fanfiction about Emily...would anyone here be interested? Perhaps we could try to get as close as possible to Let's Call the Whole Thing Off? I bet there are enough theories around here to do that (if there are no objections).
Maybe we could create a game of sorts. Though that would probably happen in the Game Room, not the ERK. An Emily trivia game? (without the use of Aiowiki!) Or a quote game: An Emily quote is given and people have to guess which episode it is from?
I don't know, those are a few random thoughts I had. :anxious:
Monica Stone
Caramel Crunch

ASmouseInTheHouse wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:13 pm
Maybe we could do a collaboration fanfiction about Emily...would anyone here be interested? Perhaps we could try to get as close as possible to Let's Call the Whole Thing Off? I bet there are enough theories around here to do that (if there are no objections).
Polehaus53 & I have pretty solid predictions. I think I would have fun, but I'd need the input of other members to know if they're interested. If we wanted to try to get as close to "Let's Call the Whole Thing Off" as possible, it would probably make the most sense to write it as a script (akin to what Lee Acim did when he wrote a script for "Further from the Truth"). That would be a fun team effort thing. If we wanted to keep it to the SS, I'm not sure how to facilitate that. We made some kind of Skype group text (+a Google Doc or something) if we want to do it that way (and if everybody was comfortable). I haven't organized such a thing before, so I would love everybody's input on how we would facilitate such a thing if this is something everybody would want to do.
ASmouseInTheHouse wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:13 pm
Maybe we could create a game of sorts. Though that would probably happen in the Game Room, not the ERK. An Emily trivia game? (without the use of Aiowiki!) Or a quote game: An Emily quote is given and people have to guess which episode it is from?
I don't know, those are a few random thoughts I had. :anxious:
A quote and/or trivia game sounds like fun! Hmm, I feel like it could work on the E.R.K., but at the same time, it might be better in the Game Room.
ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

Monica Stone wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:45 pm
Polehaus53 & I have pretty solid predictions. I think I would have fun, but I'd need the input of other members to know if they're interested. If we wanted to try to get as close to "Let's Call the Whole Thing Off" as possible, it would probably make the most sense to write it as a script (akin to what Lee Acim did when he wrote a script for "Further from the Truth"). That would be a fun team effort thing. If we wanted to keep it to the SS, I'm not sure how to facilitate that. We made some kind of Skype group text (+a Google Doc or something) if we want to do it that way (and if everybody was comfortable). I haven't organized such a thing before, so I would love everybody's input on how we would facilitate such a thing if this is something everybody would want to do.
I got the idea from this thread: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3325&hilit In which Scientific Guy, PennyBassett, and Katie10 created a basic outline for a story. They didn't actually write it, but they did work together to plan the outline.
So, it is possible to do it on the SS (In a new thread to avoid spamming the ERK?). It may be difficult to get everyone together at the same time to work on it elsewhere.
Carl
Caramel Crunch

ASmouseInTheHouse wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:02 pm
Monica Stone wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:45 pm
I got the idea from this thread: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3325&hilit In which Scientific Guy, PennyBassett, and Katie10 created a basic outline for a story. They didn't actually write it, but they did work together to plan the outline.
So, it is possible to do it on the SS (In a new thread to avoid spamming the ERK?). It may be difficult to get everyone together at the same time to work on it elsewhere.
That could work. But Google docs works fine for scripts, I have used it multiple times make Odyssey-formatted scripts, and can help to do the correct formatting (the correct Odyssey formatting is a bit different than Lee Acim's), if we end up doing a "script".

Monica Stone
Caramel Crunch

We could possibly write the outline on a new forum on the SS. A Skype (or whatever, you name it) group chat could be more efficient and our group isn't too large. But again, I don't know if everybody would be willing to go beyond the SS. I'd need the feedback of each of the E.R.K. members (so post your thoughts!). Another downside of planning this all on the SS, an open forum, is that if someone were to share a Google doc link for so the E.R.K. members could write & edit, literally anybody who stumbled across the topic could hit the link & edit it. A SS stalker, a troll, anybody.

Again, I would love input & ideas. This sounds like fun if you guys are up to it.