Character of the Week

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!
ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

I'll just vote Whit again...
"Next up, Mark Morgan's message to all math maniacs in the middle school is meaningful if you mingle by the mezzanine for a momentous mix of methodological mayhem and a menagerie of multiplicative inversions. Ha ha ha! I bet I could say this backwards. Inversions multiplicative of menagerie a and mayhem methodological..."
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

The week is half over. Here are the current votes so far:

John Whittaker: 2
Bridget Perkins: 1

Whit is in the lead! Looks like he may win this week. :pray:
-Signed, PolehausFifty-three

Member of The Emily Rules Klub (est. 2012)

“We have it translated in every language: (กฎของเอมิลี่, Emily es la mejor, 艾米莉规则, Emily Quy tắc!, エミリーは最高です, emilyyay ulesray!, Эмили Правила!, Emily é a melhor, एमिली नियम!, Emily est la meilleure!, إميلي هي الأفضل!, Emily Kuralları!, אמילי שולטת!, Emily Regeln!, 에밀리 담당!, Si Emily ang pinakamahusay!, എമിലി രാജ്ഞിയാണ്!, એમિલી નિયમો!) that Emily RULES!”~The E.R.K.
MasterLink4eva
Strawberry
Location: The Warner Bros. Water Tower with Yakko, Wakko, and Dot.

I vote for Bridget!
Wooton: Penny?
Penny: Yes?
Wooton: Will you marry me?
Penny: *gasp* WHAAAAAAAT?!?!?! O.o
THIS MOMENT MEANT THE WORLD TO ME :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:
I love Rueben :)
MasterLink4eva
Strawberry

Polehaus53 wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:51 pm
The week is over. Here are the final results:

Wooton Bassett: 2

Well, we ended in a tie.

Everyone can once again start nominating characters for this week.

I nominate Whit again! \:D/
Hi, just curious, are you allowed to nominate the same character again? I'm just curious because it just seems a bit unfair...no offense or anything!!!
Last edited by MasterLink4eva on Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
THIS MOMENT MEANT THE WORLD TO ME :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:
Monica Stone
Caramel Crunch

MasterLink4eva wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:00 am
I vote for Bridget!
Yay for the Bridget vote! She's so great.

It looks like we'll probably have a tie again. If anybody would like to vote for Bridget, go ahead. ;)
Be the reason someone smiles today.
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

The week is over. Here are the final results:

Bridget Perkins: 2

Oh, dear. We ended in a tie again.

How about we write down our reasons why we think our character deserves to be character of the week? I'm willing to be swayed.

This week, I nominate Ted Humphries! I just re-heard the episode "Breaking News"; Ted was great in that episode! The scene where he interviews people inside of a video game and the scene where he talks economics while jumping at the trampoline park were absolutely hilarious! Keith Ferguson's performance was amazing. The lesson about journalistic integrety was also well done and very relevant.

There you go; Vote for Ted! :D But I still want Whit to win.
MasterLink4eva wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:02 am
Hi, just curious, are you allowed to nominate the same character again?
I believe so. I looked through the first few pages of this topic; the old Soda Shop members didn't seem to have a problem with nominating the same characters multiple times. I think we're good. :)

“We have it translated in every language: (กฎของเอมิลี่, Emily es la mejor, 艾米莉规则, Emily Quy tắc!, エミリーは最高です, emilyyay ulesray!, Эмили Правила!, Emily é a melhor, एमिली नियम!, Emily est la meilleure!, إميلي هي الأفضل!, Emily Kuralları!, אמילי שולטת!, Emily Regeln!, 에밀리 담당!, Si Emily ang pinakamahusay!, എമിലി രാജ്ഞിയാണ്!, એમિલી નિયમો!) that Emily RULES!”~The E.R.K.
MasterLink4eva
Strawberry

[quote
]MasterLink4eva wrote: ↑Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:02 am
Hi, just curious, are you allowed to nominate the same character again?
I believe so. I looked through the first few pages of this topic; the old Soda Shop members didn't seem to have a problem with nominating the same characters multiple times. I think we're good. :)
[/quote]
Ok thx! :)
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

Only a few more days until the week is over. Ted Humphries is winning by a whopping 1 vote! \:D/

If anyone wants to vote or nominate a new character, please feel free. :)

Monica Stone
Caramel Crunch

Ooh, Ted Humphries is great in "Breaking News"! Such an underrated episode.

I will counter you for the heck of it with Bryan Dern. I nominate him. He never fails to make me laugh. His dedication to whatever brings him the most attention, whether good or bad (mostly bad), is great. I won't try to do a deep analysis on him because he's frankly not a deep character but he is the definition of a hilarious side character and a good example of how to keep a stagnant character interesting and making fans want more. One of my favorite standout moments from him is when he is talking to Whit and Novacom public representive, Martha Carmen. When it's revealed Andromeda both owns Novacom & Whit's End (thus hurting Whit's credibility), Bryan quickly changes the topic to "Can Odyssey Trust John Avery Whittaker?" It's hysterical.

Vote for Cryin' Bryan Dern!
MasterLink4eva
Strawberry

I vote for Bart Rathbone! I loved him and his interactions with Cryin' Bryan Dern in "Odyssey Sings!" Plus, he's just amazing.
R.I.P Walker😞😞
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

Monica Stone wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:03 am
I will counter you for the heck of it with Bryan Dern. I nominate him. He never fails to make me laugh. His dedication to whatever brings him the most attention, whether good or bad (mostly bad), is great. I won't try to do a deep analysis on him because he's frankly not a deep character but he is the definition of a hilarious side character and a good example of how to keep a stagnant character interesting and making fans want more. One of my favorite standout moments from him is when he is talking to Whit and Novacom public representive, Martha Carmen. When it's revealed Andromeda both owns Novacom & Whit's End (thus hurting Whit's credibility), Bryan quickly changes the topic to "Can Odyssey Trust John Avery Whittaker?" It's hysterical.
Very well put, Monica Stone. You have convinced me. I hereby change my vote to Bryan Dern.

Monica Stone
Caramel Crunch

Polehaus53 wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:05 am
Very well put, Monica Stone. You have convinced me. I hereby change my vote to Bryan Dern.
*beams* I feel honored that I could have convinced you! Ted Humphries is a worthy candidate, but Bryan Dern is an all-time favorite of mine.
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

Huzzah! For once we didn't end in a tie! Here are the final results:

Bryan Dern: 2
Bart Rathbone: 1

Cryin' Bryan Dern has won! Time to start nominations for this week (although we're a little late :anxious:).

This week, I will nominate Bart Rathbone. Like MasterLink said, Bart's interactions with Dern in "Odyssey Sings" were great and in general, Bart always makes me laugh. I was listening to "Stubborn Streaks" and "Reward in Full" a little while ago, and Bart was absolutely hilarious in them!
Looking back, Bart always has funny lines when it comes to the Electric Palace:
Shoppers! Don't forget our specials on blank video tapes: five dollars each or three for twenty. Bargains every day here at the Electric Palace!
Shoppers! Don't forget about the Electric Palace's half-off rebate program! Just bring back your receipt whenever the second Tuesday of the month falls on the fifteenth!
His so called "bargains" are a waste of money and are mostly him trying to sell faulty items. Faulty items which he thinks are perfectly fine to sell. He even goes as far as explaining to his customers why his defective products (such as a keyboard without a "W" or Christmas lights that don't work) are no big deal. It's absolutely hilarious. And of course his classic, "Don't touch my pork rinds!" line gets me every time.

Everyone vote for Bart Rathbone! :D

MasterLink4eva
Strawberry

I vote for Bart again as well!!!!!!
Monica Stone
Caramel Crunch

There is too much agreement on this thread without opposing nominations. I absolutely love Bart, but we need a lil competition here. ;)

I both nominate and vote for Tom Riley (Walker Edmiston character vs. Walker Edmiston character!). He's honestly kinda underrated. I love his dynamics with others. His friendship with Whit, his frenemy dynamic with Eugene, and his complex relationship with Richard Maxwell are definitely standouts. He is a loving and kind person and, like Whit, has a heart for kids and wants to reach out to them (just without any fancy technology ;)). He wants to do the right thing but sometimes fails. He lets his personal feelings cloud his better judgment sometimes but it's always so well-done and interesting and complex and I LOVE IT. He's so good. And also I cry every time he's mentioned in new episodes.
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

The week is over, and here are the final results:

Bart Rathbone: 2
Tom Riley: 1

Bart Rathbone has won! \:D/ This week, I'll see what characters everyone else nominates and decide who I want to vote for. Let's hear everyone's nominations!
Monica Stone wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:34 pm
There is too much agreement on this thread without opposing nominations. I absolutely love Bart, but we need a lil competition here. ;)
Hey, what's wrong with agreement? ;) I'm sure if more people vote, there will be some more competition.

Monica Stone
Caramel Crunch

I nominate Emily Jones! It's about time someone nominated her recently. ;)

Asksjdj where do I begin? I'll keep it brief. Emily's development over the years has been incredible! She started as a prideful yet determined and tenacious young girl who loved her family and friends, although could be rather overbearing about it due to her trust issues. She learned to humble herself and, in particular, to trust her best friend Matthew, even when she felt the urge to jump to conclusions. One of my all-time favorite Emily episodes is "Great Expectations" where she actually gets a realistic look into her dream of becoming a judge and learns it may not be as idealistic and wonderful as she once believed. Then she takes an Imagination Station adventure to see all of Whit's past dreams that perhaps didn't turn out the way he expected (ooh boy! this episode is an interesting one to listen to after the Rydell Saga). I love how driven she is and how deeply she loves her friends and family and how she'll do anything for them. It's been an amazing adventure these past eleven (!!!) years with her.

Vote Emily Jones!
ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

Here's a second vote for Emily!
"Next up, Mark Morgan's message to all math maniacs in the middle school is meaningful if you mingle by the mezzanine for a momentous mix of methodological mayhem and a menagerie of multiplicative inversions. Ha ha ha! I bet I could say this backwards. Inversions multiplicative of menagerie a and mayhem methodological..."
Bob
Caramel Crunch

I don't think Tea will ever compile the results, but I did.

It took a while. There's a lot of chatter, and there's also a lot of confusion. There are a few moments when people overshot the 'week' and kept voting in a round after it was technically over, or for some reason, decided that voting ended *before* the week was out and acted as though a new one had begun. There's also many ambiguous votes, which I attempted to determine the best I could, and times when people miscounted. Hopefully this list is an improvement on any similar effort that may have been done before.

I attempted to interpret votes and rounds in a strict fashion, favoring the rules and the timeline over people's understanding. This means that these results sometimes contradict what the members themselves thought happened at the time.

LAST UPDATED 7/6/21, last round #75

The voting list per round
#1 - Whit nominated, unopposed, 11 votes
W.S. - Whit #1
PF - Whit #2
SLF - Whit #3
Arnold - Whit #4
Gabby - Whit #5
TS - Whit #6
Stella - Whit #7
Smiley - Whit #8
Rosy - Whit #9
Belle - Whit #10
TOJ - Whit #11
Whit wins

#2 -
T.O.J - Jack Allen #1
SLF - Jason #1
PF - Emily #1
Arnold - Bryan Dern #2
W.S - Bryan Dern #2
Smiley - Bryan Dern #3

Jack Allen - 1
Jason Whittaker - 1
Emily Jones - 1
Bryan Dern - 3

"Emily has NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
chance of ever being character of the week."

#3 -
W.S. - Jared #1
PF - Emily #1
SLF - Emily? #2
EugeneforPresident - Jason #1
Arnold - Jason #2
Sparky - Jason #3
Stella - Jason #4
Smiley - Emily #3
W.S. - Emily #4
Arnold - gives into peer pressure, Emily
Jason #3, Emily #5
Rosy - Emily #6
T.S. - Jason #4
Whittifer - Jason #5
T.O.J. - Jason #6
Final total: 6-6, tie

#4 -
PF - Jason #1
TS - Lucy #1
PF - thinks about switching
Whittifer - Lucy #2
Smiley - Lucy #3
SLF - talks about voting Lucy
Stella - Lucy #4
Aaron Wiley - Jay #1
Belle - Jay #2
PF - Lucy #5
SLF - Lucy #6
TOJ - Jay #3
Rosy - Jay #4
Rosy - Lucy #7, Jay #3

#5 -
Rosy - Penny #1
TS - Penny #2
Whittifer - Penny #3
PF - Penny #4
Belle - Penny #5
Smiley - Jay #1
Kaida (deleted post?) - Liz #1
SLF - Liz #2
fodo14 - Liz #3
Whittifer - asks if allowed to delete vote post
PF - says vote changing is allowed (and not really "disgusting")
Whittifer - asks if PF is changing vote
Rosy - still favors Penny
W.S. Mitch #1
PF - confirms still voted for Penny
W.S. Liz #4, Mitch #0
Arnold Liz #5
TOJ - says "Go Penny, she is awesome" - Penny #6?

#6 -
PF - Liz #1
Belle - Jason #1
W.S. - Jason #2
T.S. - Liz #2
Rosy - Jason #3
Kaida - Tom #1
Whittifer - Tom #2
Smiley - Liz #3
Arnold - Tom #3
SLF - Tom #4
Arnold - "I love Liz and I'll vote for her next week, but Penny is the BOMB"
Belle - Tom #5
Arnold - "I'll change to Tom"
MeltsnerGirl - Tom #6
Odysseygirl - Tom #7

#7 -
SLF - Nick #1
Arnold - Liz #1
W.S. - Liz #2
Whittifer - Liz #3
T.S. - Liz #4

#8 -
Arnold - Dr. Blackgaard #1
Kaida - Shakespeare #1
T.S. - Blackgaard #2
SLF - Blackgaard #3
PF - Blackgaard #4

#9 -
Gabrielle - Connie #1
T.S. - Connie #2
SLF - The cashier in "Selpurcs" who said the orange juice coupon was expired
Belle - Cashier #2
Rosy - Cashier #3

#10 -
ilovejason - Jason #1
PF - Jason #2
Arnold - Jason #3
SLF - Jared #1
T.S. - Oscar #1

#11 -
Kaida - Rodney #1
GLA - Jared #1
SLF - Rodney #2
Stella - Rodney #3
Belle - Rodney #4
Aftershocker - Rodney #5
Gabrielle - Emily #1
Arkan - Emily #2
Rosy - Rodney #6
PF - Emily #3
W.S. - Rodney #7

#12 -
PF - Emily #1
SLF - Emily #2
Arnold - Edwin #1
Gabrielle - Emily #3
Kaida - Emily #4
Nelson - Edwin #2
Aftershocker - Emily #5
Rosy - Emily #6
Belle - Emily #7

#13 -
Gabrielle - Kelly #1
Rosy - Jason #1
Belle - Jason #2
W.S. - Jason #3
Aftershocker - Jason #4
Nelson - Jason #5
Kaida - "Jason?? Again?? Anyone wanna nominate someone else?"
Gabrielle - "I nominate Connifer tree"
PF - "We agreed that we'd make Emily win as many times in a row as possible"
PF - Emily #1
SLF - Emily #2
Arnold - Edwin #1
Aftershocker - Emily #3, Jason #4
Gabrielle - Kelly #0, Emily #4
Lizzywriter - Jason #5
Joy - Jason #6
Rosy - alleges that Mary "PMed me saying she wanted Jason"
Liz'alike - Emily #5
Stella - implies that she supports Jason - Jason #7?
Arnold - Jason #8, Edwin #0
Renae - Jason #9
Odysseygirl - Jason #10
Arkan - Emily #6

#14 -
PF - Emily #1
Aftershocker - Emily #2
SLF - Emily #3?
Belle - Penny #1
Kaida - Penny #2
Liz'alike - Emily #4
Nelson - Penny #3
Rosy - Penny #4
Sam14 - Penny #5
Brittany - Emily #5
Gabrielle - Emily #6
Sam14 - Emily #7, Penny #4
Belle - Emily #8, Penny #3
Rosy - Emily #9, Penny #2
Kaida - Emily #10, Penny #1
Arkan - Emily #11
Joy - Emily #12

#15 -
Sam14 - Ryan #1
Kaida - Ryan #2
Rosy - Jason #1
Belle - Ryan #3
Aftershocker - Ryan #4
Rosy - Ryan #5, Jason #0
PF - Ryan #6
T.S. - Ms. Needlebark #1
Connie_Kendall - Jared #1
James? - Bart #1
James? - Jared #2, Bart #0

#16 -
Belle - Mr. Holstein #1
Liz'alike - Jimmy #1
Aftershocker - Doris #1
Nelson - Holstein #2
Sam14 - Holstein #3
T.S. - Holstein #4
MaryBeth_13 - Jimmy #2
James - "Me???" - unclear
Bethany Shepard - Doris #2
Kaida - Doris #3
Rosy - Holstein #5
PF - Holstein #6
Joy - Jimmy #3

#17 -
Aftershocker - Doris #1
PF - Doris #2
Kaida - Doris #3
Connie_Kendall - Doris #4
Belle - Doris #5
T.S. - Doris #6
Novatom - Jared #1

#18 -
Connie_Kendall - Alex #1
Aftershocker - Alex #2
T.S. - Alex #3
Belle - Alex #4

#19 -
T.S. - Emily Fowler (from "A Question of Loyalty") #1
Sam14 - Lucy #1
Aftershocker - Lucy #2
Connie_Kendall - Lucy #3
PF - "puh-leez, not Lucy"
Sam14 - Dwayne #1, Lucy #2
Aftershocker - Dwayne #2, Lucy #1
Belle - Dwayne #3
Nelson - Dwayne #4

#20 -
EmilyLBean - Jason #1
Rosy - Jason #2
Aftershocker - Jason #3
Connie_Kendall - Jason #4
Nelson - "I nominate Mabel the computer", but doesn't vote?
Sam14 - "I nominate Scrubs"
Jason - Jason #5
SLF - Grady #1
Yelsew - Digger #1

#21 -
Connie_Kendall - Emily #1
Yelsew - Digger #1
Sam14 - Emily #2
Nelson - Digger #2
Starflower - Digger #3
Jason - Digger #4
Ninjathrowingstar - Digger #5
Agent 86 - Emily #3
PF - Emily #4
Rosy - Emily #5
Liz'alike - Emily #6
Sparky - Digger #6
SLF - Emily #7
Aftershocker - Emily #8
Stella - Digger #7
Belle - Emily #9
Sage - Rodney #1

#22 -
Liz'alike - Emily #1
PF - Emily #2
Aftershocker - Emily #3
SLF - Emily #4
Rosy - Emily #5
Nelson - Digger #1
Connie_Kendall - Emily #6
Sparky - Jason #1
Jennakyler - Jack Allen #1
Ninjathrowingstar - Jason #2
Yelsew - Jason #3
Kaida - Jack #2
Nelson - Digger #0, Jason #4
Arkan - Emily #7

#23 -
Nelson - Priscilla #1
Nelson - "should we make a rule the previous winner can't enter"
PF admits "no other characters will win"
Connie_Kendall agrees with the rule
Aftershocker agrees
Belle agrees
Liz'alike - "nominate Camilla so I can see her lose, vote Priscilla"
Liz'alike - Priscilla #2
Connie_Kendall - Priscilla #3
Belle - Priscilla #4
Aftershocker - Priscilla #5
Rosy - Priscilla #6
JennaKyler321 - "I nominate Nick, I vote Priscilla"
JennaKyler321 - Priscilla #7
T.S. - Emily Fowler #1
SLF - Mr. Skint #1

#24 -
Kaida - Eugene #1
Nelson - Eugene #2
W.S. - Eugene #3
Connie_Kendall - Donna #1
Belle - Eugene #4
Gabrielle - Donna #2
Rosy - Donna #3
Aftershocker - Eugene #5
Yelsew - Eugene #6
PF - Eugene #7
Liz'alike - Eugene #8

#25 -
Nelson - Whit #1
Aftershocker - Aubrey #1
T.S. - Emily Fowler #1
Connie_Kendall - Aubrey #2
Liz'alike - Aubrey #3

#26 -
Gabrielle - "I nominate the character that doth stink! Emil... I cant say any more"
Connie_Kendall - Liz #1
Liz'alike - Liz #2
Gabrielle - Emily #1
Kaida - Joanne #1
Jimmy Barclay - Joanne #2

#27 -
Ninjathrowingstar - Emily #1
Liz'alike - Emily #2
penny wise - Wooton #1
Joy - Joanne #1
PF - Emily #3?
Nelson - Wooton #2

#28 -
Novatom - Jared #1
T.S. - Joanne #1
Nelson - Jared #2
Klein - Whit #1
Skyler - Matthew #1
Bethany Shepard - Jared #3

Whittifer - Wooton #1
Aftershocker - "are we allowed to vote for Emily?"
Rosy - Emily #1
Bethany Shepard - Emily #2
GratiaDei - Emily #3
Belle - Wooton #2
Yelsew - Wooton #3
Sam14 - Emily #4
T.S. - Wooton #4
Dolphinlovr - Wooton #5

PF - Emily #1
Novatom - Jared #1
Nelson - Jared #2
T.S. - Curt #1
Yelsew - Jared #3
Dolphinlovr - Emily #2
Whittifer - Jared #4
NateVONgreat - Wooton? #1

#31 -
Novatom - Jared #1

Yelsew - The Chairman #1
Bethany Shepard - Lawrence #1

#33 -
I <3 Wooton - Wooton #1
Aftershocker - Mrs. Kramer #1
Novatom - Jared #1

#34 -
Kaida - The Abominable Turkey #1
Rosy - Turkey #2
Stella - Turkey #3
T.S. - Turkey #4
PF - Turkey #5
Bethany - Turkey #6
GratiaDei - Turkey #7
I <3 Wooton - :( Abominable Turkey. uncertain vote
Yelsew - Turkey #8
I <3 Wooton - "Yes I did" - Turkey #9

A year passes

-

Mickey - "I nominate Wooton; Wooton [now] has two"
Connie G. - Wooton #2

John Henry - Matthew #1

#37 -
T.S. - Sarah Pratchett #1
Blitz - Mr. Parker #1
John Henry - Parker #2
Mickey - Wooton #1

#38 -
Mickey - Jared #1
John Henry - Dr. Blackgaard #1
Emma - Emily #1
Blitz - Jared #2
Rosy - Jared #3
Wakko - Trent #1
Novatom - Jared #4

#39 -
Emma - Matthew #1
Mickey - Jay #1
Blitz - Jay #2
John Henry - Matthew #2
Novatom - Jay #3
Rosy - Jay #4

#40 -
PF - Bill Kendall #1
Arnold - PJ Manning #1
Blitz - PJ #2
Emma - PJ #3
SirWhit - PJ #4
Novatom - PJ #5
Mickey - Whit #1
Rosy - PJ #6
Mickey - Whit #0, Pinky #1

#41 -
Arnold - Mac McCorby #1
Novatom - Camilla #1

#42 -
Emma - Jules #1
PF - Jules #2
Miss Friendship - Buck #1
HomeschoolCowgirl - Jules #3
Paula - Jules #4
Wakko - Jules #5
Blitz - Mr. Charles #1
SirWhit - Jules #6
Bethany Shepard - Mr. Charles #2
Miss Friendship - Mr Charles #3, Buck #0
Rosy - Mr. Charles #4
Paula - Mr. Charles #5, Jules #5
-

#43 -
Mickey - Richard Maxwell #1
PF - Jules #1
TigerShadow - Jules #2
Mickey - Maxwell #0, Hadley Bassett #1
Miss Friendship - Eugene #1
Mickey - Hadly #0, Eugene #2
Emma - Jules #3
Blitz - Jules #4
Rosy - Jules #5
Cassandra - Eugene #3
Paula - Eugene #4
Aftershocker - Eugene #5
Gabrielle - Emily #1
Bethany Shephard - Eugene #6
PF says that votes for Eugene were after the week passed (from what I could tell, it was actually only 4 days)
Aftershocker votes for Emily (seeming to believe it is a new round)
This would be Emily #2, Eugene #5
Rosy - votes for Emily (likewise)
This would be Emily #3, Eugene #4
Belle - Eugene #5
sing - Eugene #6
dreamsandwishes - Emily #4
PF (likewise) - Emily #5, Jules #5
Emma - Eugene #6, Jules #4

#44 -
SirWhit, Novatom, Blitz all vote for Eugene after the voting period for #43 ends
PF - Hadley #1

#45 -
T.S. - Curt #1
KeyBlade - Barrett #1
Gabrielle - Emily #1
Miss Friendship - Barrett #2
Paula - Curt #2
HomeschoolGurl - Curt #3
Bethany - Curt #4
Ragtag says she'd vote Curt between those two, but if she could suggest a new one, Lawrence
Ragtag - Lawrence #1

#46 -
Emma votes Curt (seeming to believe #45 is still going)
Emma - Curt #1
TOJ - Lawrence #1 (likewise)
Caitie - Curt #2
Sing - Jack Davis #1
Emma - "BARRETT YES WIN WHILE YOU CAN". Sooo, Barrett #1, Curt #1?
Mickey - Lawrence #2
Dredge - "I vote creepy Jules" - Jules #1

#47 -
Emma - Connie #1
Ragtag - Connie #2
Novatom - Lucy #1
KeyBlade - Trent #1
Miss Friendship - Trent #2
TigerShadow - Trent #3
Bethany Shepard - Trent #4
Dredge - Richard Maxwell #1
HomeschoolCowgirl - Richard #2
Sing - Trent #5

#48 -
Bethany suggests that 'no more than 3 characters can be nominated a week'; nobody comments
Bethany - Alex #1
Miss Friendship - Alex #2
Paula - Alex #3
PF - Alex #4
Emma - Bethany Shephard #1
Bethany Shephard - Bethany Shephard #2, Alex #3
TigerShadow - Alex #4
Mickey - Eugene #1
HomeschoolCowgirl - Alex #5

#49 -
Emma - Bethany #1
TOJ - Randall Edgeworth #1
Wakko - Trent #1
Dredge - Principal Vogler #1
HomeschoolCowgirl - R. Edgeworth #2
TOJ said 'the week is over', but it was Thursday. At any rate, though, nobody else voted, so it was moot.

#50 -
Bethany Shepard - Mrs. Nietchew #1
TOJ - Wilma Needlebark #1
Miss Friendship - Howard J. Weizel #1
TigerShadow - Nietchew #2
Rosy - Nietchew #3
Paula - Weizel #2
Connie G. - Weizel #3

#51 -
SirWhit - Ed Washington #1
PF - Jenny Whittaker #1
Miss Friendship - Cal Jordan #1
Paula - Cal #2
HomeschoolCowgirl - Cal #3
Mandy - Cal #4

#52 -
TOJ - Dale Jacobs #1
Blitz - Ann Jacobs #1
MnM - Dale #2
Emma - Marvin #1
Paula - Dale #3
Novatom - Desiree Greenwich #1
PF - Desiree #2

#53 -
Mandy votes Dale (seeming to believe #52 is continuing)
Mandy - Dale #1
Okie - Desiree #1
Blitz - Connie #1
PF - Desiree #2
Miss Friendship - Connie #2
Paula - Bernard Walton #1
Miss Friendship - Bernard #2, Connie #1
Novatom - Desiree #3
Mandy - Dale #0, Bernard #3
Blitz - Connie #0, Bernard #4
Bethany - Bernard #5

#54 -
Emma - Trent #1
Blitz - Trent #2
TigerShadow - Trent #3
Novatom - Glenn Adams #1
Mandy - Trent #4
MnM - Trent #5
Mickey - Whit #1
Belle - Trent #6
Miss Friendship - Whit #2
Blitz - Whit #3, Trent #5

#55 -
Novatom - Grady #1
MnM - Grady #2
Mandy - Aubrey #1

#56 -
TOJ - Fiona #1
T.S. Fiona #2
Kittymeow - Fiona #3
MnM - Fiona #4
PF - Fiona #5

#57 -
Novatom - Donna #1
Baron von Odyssey - Bernard #1
Kaida - Marvin #1

#58 -
PF - Bob Israelite #1
Connie G. - Bob Booth #1

#59 -
Shadow - Monty Whittaker #1
Connie G. - Mitch #1
Miss Friendship - Mitch #2
PennyBassett - Katrina #1

#60 -
Polehaus53 - Whit #1
MasterLink4eva - Wooton #1
Cheesesoup - Wooton #2
ASmouseInTheHouse - Whit #2

#61 -
Polehaus53 - Whit #1
Monica - Bridget #1
ASmouseInTheHouse - Whit #2
MasterLink4eva - Bridget #2

#62 -
Polehaus53 - Ted Humpfries #1
Monica - Bryan Dern #1
MasterLink4eva - Bart #1
Polehaus - Bryan Dern #2, Ted #0

#63 -
Polehaus53 - Bart Rathbone #1
MasterLink4eva - Bart #2
Monica - Tom #1

#64 -
Monica - Emily #1
ASmouseInTheHouse - Emily #2
Bob - Emily #3
Polehaus53 - Emily #4

#65 -
Bob - Mandy #1
Polehaus53 - Mandy #2
ASmouseInTheHouse - Mandy #3

#66 -
Polehaus53 - Katrina #1
Monica Stone - Katrina #2
djchatswithu - Katrina #3

#67 -
MasterLink4eva - Donna #1
cheesesoup123 - Bart #1
ASmouseInTheHouse - Bart #2
Bob - Donna #2
Polehaus53 - Donna #3

#68 -
cheesesoup123 - Penny #1
MasterLink4eva - Penny #2

#69 -
Polehaus53 - Connie #1
MasterLink4eva - Connie #2
cheesesoup123 - Connie #3
Monica Stone - Connie #4
ASmouseInTheHouse - Connie #5

#70 -
MasterLink4eva - Trent #1
ASmouseInTheHouse - Jay #1
Polehaus53 - Jay #2
cheesesoup123 - Eugene #1

#71 -
ASmouseInTheHouse - Rodney #1
Polehaus53 - Leonard "Buddy" Norman #1
Bob - Buddy #2
ByeByeBrownie - Buddy #3

#72 -
MasterLink4eva - Wellington #1
ASmouseInTheHouse - The gas station attendant in "Cover of Darkness" #1
Polehaus53 - Eugene #1
cheesesoup123 - Eugene #2

#73 -
cheesesoup123 - Bernard #1
ASmouseInTheHouse - Bernard #2
Bananareader - Bernard #3
Polehaus53 - Bernard #4

#74 -
ASmouseInTheHouse - Grady #1
cheesesoup123 - Brian "Butch" Evans #1

#75 -
Bob - Arthur Dent #1
Polehaus53 - Arthur Dent #2
The results per round. Asterisks are often next to wins that were won by people who got confused about what round they were in, but not always (if you have suggestions for an asterisked vote or result, let me know).
1: Whit
2: Dern
3: Tie between Jason and Emily
4: Lucy
5: Penny
6: Tom
7: Liz
8: Dr. Blackgaard
9: The cashier in "Selpurcs"
10: Jason
11: Rodney
12: Emily
13: Jason
14: Emily
15: Ryan
16: Mr. (Fred) Holstein
17: Doris Rathbone
18: Alex Jefferson
19: Dwayne Oswald
20: Jason
21: Emily
22: Emily
23: Priscilla
24: Eugene
25: Aubrey
26: Tie between Liz and Joanne
27: Emily
28: Jared
29: Wooton
30: Jared
31: Jared (1 vote)
32: Tie between the Chairman and Lawrence (1 vote each)
33: 3-way tie: Wooton, Mrs. Kramer, Jared
34: The Abominable Turkey
35: Wooton (2 votes)
36: Matthew (1 vote)
37: David Parker (2 votes)
38: Jared
39: Jay
40: PJ Manning
41: 2-way tie, Mac McCorby/Camilla
42: 2-way tie, Mr Charles/Jules
43: Eugene
44: Eugene*
45: Curt
46: Lawrence*
47: Trent
48: Alex Jefferson
49: Randall Edgesworth
50: 2-way tie, Mrs. Nietchew/Howard Weizel
51: Cal Jordan
52: Dale Jacobs
53: Bernard Walton
54: Trent
55: Grady, 2 votes
56: Fiona
57: 3-way tie, Donna, Bernard, Marvin
58: 2-way tie, Bob Israelite Bob Booth
59: Mitch, 2 votes
60: Tie, Whit/Wooton
61: Tie, Whit/Bridget
62: Bryan Dern, 2 votes
63: Bart Rathbone, 2 votes
64: Emily Jones
65: Mandy Straussberg
66: Katrina Meltsner
67: Donna Barclay
68: Penny Bassett
69: Connie Kendall
70: Jay Smouse
71: Leonard "Buddy" Norman
72: Eugene Meltsner
73: Bernard Walton
74: 2-way tie, Grady, Butch
75: Arthur Dent
As best as I can tell, the total score per character:
Emily: 6 wins, 1 tie
Jared: 4 wins, 1 tie
Eugene: 4 wins
Jason: 3 wins, 1 tie
Wooton: 2 wins, 2 ties
Bernard Walton: 2 wins, 1 tie
Bryan Dern: 2 wins
Trent: 2 wins
Alex: 2 wins
Penny: 2 wins
Jay: 2 wins
Whit: 1 win, 2 ties
Liz: 1 win, 1 tie
Lawrence: 1 win, 1 tie
Donna: 1 win, 1 tie
Grady: 1 win, 1 tie
Lucy: 1 win
Tom: 1 win
Blackgaard: 1 win
Cashier: 1 win
Rodney: 1 win
Ryan: 1 win
Holstein: 1 win
Doris: 1 win
Dwayne: 1 win
Priscilla: 1 win
Aubrey: 1 win
The Abominable Turkey: 1 win
Matthew: 1 win
David Parker: 1 win
PJ: 1 win
Curt: 1 win
Randall Edgesworth: 1 win
Cal Jordan: 1 win
Dale Jacobs: 1 win
Fiona: 1 win
Mitch: 1 win
Bart Rathbone: 1 win
Mandy: 1 win
Katrina: 1 win
Connie: 1 win
Buddy: 1 win
Arthur Dent: 1 win
Joanne: 1 tie
The Chairman: 1 tie
Mrs. Kramer: 1 tie
Mac McCorby: 1 tie
Camilla: 1 tie
Mr. Charles: 1 tie
Jules: 1 tie
Mrs. Nietchew: 1 tie
Howard Weizel: 1 tie
Marvin: 1 tie
Bob Israelite: 1 tie
Bob Booth: 1 tie
Bridget: 1 tie
Butch: 1 tie

Some recommendations based on observations of previous rounds:

1) ROUND TIMING/MANAGEMENT
a) There should be a set time rounds end and begin. Traditionally it is sometime on Saturday or Sunday, but a specific set time would improve things. I would recommend it be sometime between Sunday sunset and Monday sunrise, but the details should be decided by y'all.
b) As a sanity-checking practice, it should be made clear when voting for a round is beginning. Perhaps the round numbers could be used - e.g. 'Round #X is over and the winner is Bob; round #Y is beginning". The first person on Monday should probably be the one to announce the previous week's winner, ending the previous week and starting the new one at once.
c) Always look at the actual dates when evaluating whether a round is ongoing; don't just take someone's word for it.
d) If a lot of time elapses between one round and another, the new poster should still give the final results for the last round, the same as if it had happened recently.
e) If a round begins late, say, on a Thursday, it should simply be a short round. That is, the hard rule of 'the round ends on such and such a time on the weekend' should always remain in play. In practice, the rounds are too difficult to manage any other way, even if 168 hours per round would be more fair.

2) VOTING AND VOTE-COUNTING REGULATIONS
a) When voting for someone, a member should put the character they're voting for's name in a distinctive fashion, like bold text. Nobody should have to guess or assume your vote.
b) Nominations should always necessarily include a vote for that character.
c) Roll calls are useful for establishing accurate vote counts. A good 'closing' post for a round should probably include each vote, in turn, and the names of those who voted for them. This makes it easier to account for vote-changing.
d) There is a common practice of counting the votes while the round is ongoing. Sometimes this is helpful, but often it just confuses people, especially when someone misses a vote or two (as happens frequently), counts both votes from members who have changed their vote, or includes their own new vote in the total. If you do count votes while the round is ongoing, I strongly recommend that you do it with a complete roll call, not just a flat assertion like "x - 5, y - 4".
e) Roll calls and greater awareness of what round it is will go a long way towards protecting against this, but if you voted in a round before, and change your vote, it should be customary to note that you are changing your vote from x and instead voting for y. It might not be strictly necessary, but it makes counting things easier.

3) MISC.
a) Off-topic chatter should be in other threads. Although I'm not sure what SS's policy is, it seems like it would be better to make a 'Character of the week' chat thread than to clutter things up here.

4) PROPOSED ADDITIONAL RULES + commentary
a) Nelson proposed that previous winners should not be able to repeat, and people generally agreed to this rule and apparently followed more or less faithfully since, with the possible exception of times where there was confusion about what round was going on. At the time, the rule especially made sense because the ERK was out in force and frequently determined to make Emily win as often as possible. I'm not sure how much this rule helps with the problem because it's just as likely that you'll have two favorite characters rotating out as it is that one will win everything, but I would probably agree with keeping it, just on the grounds that it gets people to think about the delineation between rounds.

b) Bethany Shepard suggested that there be a 3-character limit on nominations, but nobody else really seemed to respond or pick up on this rule change, and it was quickly abandoned. I can see why this could be attractive, since the voting often comes down to no more than 3 characters anyway and the extra characters are easily perceived to be 'wasted votes'. However, this gives a lot of initiative to the people who post nominations, and there have been times when a group of people (including the original nominator) jumped ship to vote for a new nomination later on; this wouldn't have been allowed to happen if this rule was enforced. On the balance I'm not sure I'm a fan.
Last edited by Bob on Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
A classic never goes out of style.
cheesesoup123
Chocolate Chip

Thanks Bob! That helps a lot!
Read my fan fiction
\:D/ \:D/ :yes: :yes: \:D/ \:D/ :wacky: