The Perkins Family

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!
Monica Stone
Caramel Crunch

The Perkins Family

Wyatt Perkins and his mother, Carla, appeared on the show for the first time in 2018 in "The Sandwich Initiative." In 2019, all four members of the Perkins family had officially appeared with Bridget and Ron Perkins's introduction in "Man of the House." Since then, the family has appeared frequently. As the Parkers fade away, they seem to be becoming the new main family.

Their family dynamic is a breath of fresh air for the show. Being a military family offers a distinct and interesting family dynamic that has proven to have a lot of story fodder. Beyond that, the characters themselves are charming and well-written. They work well together and individually.

What do you think of our new main family? Do you have any favorite episodes with them?
They may or may not already be becoming my favorite family :inlove: Bless you, Marshal Younger.
Be the reason someone smiles today.
MonkeyDude
Cookies & Creme

I've liked the Perkins a lot so far! I can't explain it (I mean, I probably could but I'm feeling to lazy to dive into it right now) but something about them just feels really genuine.
*Finger guns aggressively*
Monica Stone
Caramel Crunch

I definitely agree. The family members bounce off each other very well and have great chemistry. Plus, Marshal Younger has always been a boss at writing natural, realistic family dynamics (for example, the McKays).

I'm very excited to see more of them in album 70. We get two episodes with them! I've been looking forward to "Jumping Off, Jumping In" for ages and the simple title of "The Protector" sounds promising.
Be the reason someone smiles today.
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

This topic needs to be moved to the Character Corner section.

I'm still sore about the Parker family leaving the show; I'll miss them. But the Perkins family is starting to grow on me. Having a military family is a unique thing to have in Odyssey. The last military family that was in Odyssey was the Hodges family. The main difference is that those Hodges family episodes focused on Lawrence. So far, the members of the Perkins family has been appearing together and their episodes seem to focus on each individual member. I like that. (Although I feel like the latest Perkins family episodes have been focusing too much on Bridget. :anxious:)
I think Bridget seems to have too many problems in general. In "Playing Favorites", "Always Home", "Bridget, Redefined", and "The Protector" she is dealing with one drama or another. Which I guess I'm okay with.
I like Wyatt. His debut in "The Sandwich Initiative", where we first learn that he likes making up facts, was great.
I also find it cool that although the dad, Ron Perkins, is not physically with them in the episodes, he still appears via video calls.

I actually am not happy that they got two episodes in album 70. My main problem with them is that I don't like how they are taking up too many episodes in these tiny six-episode albums. Besides that, I think the Perkins family looks like a promising family and I look forward to hearing more from them in the future!
-Signed, PolehausFifty-three

Member of The Emily Rules Klub (est. 2012)

“We have it translated in every language: (กฎของเอมิลี่, Emily es la mejor, 艾米莉规则, Emily Quy tắc!, エミリーは最高です, emilyyay ulesray!, Эмили Правила!, Emily é a melhor, एमिली नियम!, Emily est la meilleure!, إميلي هي الأفضل!, Emily Kuralları!, אמילי שולטת!, Emily Regeln!, 에밀리 담당!, Si Emily ang pinakamahusay!, എമിലി രാജ്ഞിയാണ്!, એમિલી નિયમો!) that Emily RULES!”~The E.R.K.
Debbigail4life
Vanilla

I'm still sore about the Parker family leaving the show; I'll miss them.
Wait...WHAT DO YOU MEAN THEY'RE LEAVING THE SHOW?!?! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Dewey and Webby Forever

Loubby Shippers: It's never gonna happen.

Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

Debbigail4life wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:07 pm
Wait...WHAT DO YOU MEAN THEY'RE LEAVING THE SHOW?!?! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
I believe the AIO team has confirmed this in recent episodes of the Official Adventures in Odyssey Podcast. When asked if the Parkers aren't going to be on Odyssey anymore, Dave Arnold stated that they are moving on to new families in Odyssey.

Plus, the Parker family has recently been appearing in a lot less episodes than they used to. They've been on the show for 10 years, so I guess it is time for them to move on to new characters. It looks like the Perkins family seems to be becoming their replacement.
I'll miss the Parker family, but as I said, I'm interested in hearing from the Perkins in future episodes. :yes:
-Signed, PolehausFifty-three

Member of The Emily Rules Klub (est. 2012)

“We have it translated in every language: (กฎของเอมิลี่, Emily es la mejor, 艾米莉规则, Emily Quy tắc!, エミリーは最高です, emilyyay ulesray!, Эмили Правила!, Emily é a melhor, एमिली नियम!, Emily est la meilleure!, إميلي هي الأفضل!, Emily Kuralları!, אמילי שולטת!, Emily Regeln!, 에밀리 담당!, Si Emily ang pinakamahusay!, എമിലി രാജ്ഞിയാണ്!, એમિલી નિયમો!) that Emily RULES!”~The E.R.K.