Top 5 Characters That Need To Return

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!
ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

Top 5 Characters That Need To Return

What five characters would you want to see again in Odyssey? Number one being the one you want most. Also, why did you choose that character, and what would you want them to do if they returned?
"Next up, Mark Morgan's message to all math maniacs in the middle school is meaningful if you mingle by the mezzanine for a momentous mix of methodological mayhem and a menagerie of multiplicative inversions. Ha ha ha! I bet I could say this backwards. Inversions multiplicative of menagerie a and mayhem methodological..."
Monica Stone
Caramel Crunch

Hmm, I love this question! There have been so many characters in the past that have been written off that I wish would return. I will mention characters who could return due to the qualifications 1) their character hasn't died (i.e. characters like Tom Riley, Jerry Whittaker, Regis Blackgaard) and 2) their actor hasn't passed. My list is in no particular order tbh because I can't rank them lol. I chose characters who I think could easily have stories written about them. Like, if they brought back Lucy, what would they do with her? So there are certain characters who, although I love, got a great ending or who don't need anymore stories written about them.
SO...
Monica Stone
For shame if you didn't see this coming from me! I love Monica Stone (that must be a great shock to you all). She was such a great, complex character and was developed so well in so few episodes. She had so much potential to go further, but she was never brought back after that lovely final scene with her and Jason in "Exit." If she did come back, I would love to see her & Jason reconnect (even if not romantically, but that would be nice :)) and listen as she tries to start her life anew. Duncan returning would also be extremely awesome.
Leonard Meltsner
Gahh! Leonard was also an amazing character who the writers chose to send away! I wanna know how the guy's doing. We could easily have an AIOC missionary episode featuring him. Why hasn't this been done yet? People would love that episode to bits. Also, is he healthy? If he isn't, maybe he can visit Eugene & Katrina and meet Buck during his final days. That would be touching.
Everett Meltsner
Yeah, this naturally follows Leonard's return. I think hearing Buck & Everett interact would be the coolest thing. Imagine as they discover how similar their background are: they both were raised by criminals who they loved as if those criminals were their parents and ultimately had to betray them. THE POTENTIAL.
Bryan Dern
Cryin' Bryan Dern is honestly one of the funniest characters ever, imo. "Top This!" is an absolute joy to hear because of him. He is the highlight of every episode he's in. He may be the best comic relief character...? I'd have to think about it. There have been many episodes recently that feature the news ("Breaking News" for one) and it would be easy to write stories about him. Why hasn't Corey Burton been on the show in since 2008? He still acts. He would probably return to the show if invited.
The Chairman
Yes, I'm that basic fan who wants the Chairman to return. You can't deny how satisfying that would be. Perhaps he has heard about Whit's cobble box technology (which is basically mind kidnapping™). I dunno if that would be good idea or not, but it's the first thing that comes to mind. There are a bunch of different ways to bring him back. We need closure! Also, I heard that I may have been mistaken and the Chairman in the BC books might just be a reference to the Young Whit books? I dunno. I'll just keep reading to find out.
Honorable mentions: Richard Maxwell, Tasha Forbes, Mandy Straussberg, and Trent DeWhite.

Did I rant too much? Probably. Am I sorry about it? No. I love all these characters and am itching for them to return and hope they will someday. What about you, ASmouseInTheHouse? Who would you like to see return?
Be the reason someone smiles today.
ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

Monica Stone wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:29 pm
There have been so many characters in the past that have been written off that I wish would return. I will mention characters who could return due to the qualifications 1) their character hasn't died (i.e. characters like Tom Riley, Jerry Whittaker, Regis Blackgaard) and 2) their actor hasn't passed.
Yeah, same here. I tried to choose ones that would actually be possible.

Okay, I couldn't really choose a complete top one. First off is...
Richard Maxwell.
My deepest apologies. I know it's super cliché. But this year I heard the entire Blackgaard Saga for the first time in almost five years. I hadn't given Maxwell much thought but hearing it again, I liked his character. Unfortunately, I can't think of a good reason for him to return. My original reason would have been that he was somehow involved with Morrie (I thought it fit because of the computer and programming thing), but that didn't happen, so now I'm here looking ridiculous because I am not sure what he would do. He'd have to bring a story of his own.
Since that didn't really count, here is my other choice:
Leonard Meltsner!
Monica Stone wrote:
Gahh! Leonard was also an amazing character who the writers chose to send away! I wanna know how the guy's doing. We could easily have an AIOC missionary episode featuring him. Why hasn't this been done yet? People would love that episode to bits. Also, is he healthy? If he isn't, maybe he can visit Eugene & Katrina and meet Buck during his final days. That would be touching.
YES! This is probably the most likely character to return if any. I mean, his actor is still around playing Polehaus!
I've often wondered about if Eugene and Katrina are still in contact with him. Even if they don't make him return, I think the fans would appreciate a reference to him.
In my mind, I imagine him coming back to Odyssey to surprise Eugene and Katrina with a visit. That is, as you mentioned, if he's not too old. It would be cool to see him interact with Buck. And of course, Everett. (I'm still a bit confused about where Everett and Buck would be age-wise)
My second (technically third) is...
Hadley Bassett!
Let me put it this way: Before I was in the Club, there was faio.org which had The Ties That Bind. I got those episodes on my computer and listened through the whole album...at least five times, it's safe to say.
Let's just say I'm fond of the Wooton-Penny-Hadley storyline.
One of my earliest fanfics (which I wish I could burn nowadays) was Hadley returning to Odyssey because he wanted to repay Wooton for his house. Basically, he tries to help Wooton, and as in 58, causes more disasters in the process. (he did, however, thwart the Bones of Wrath when they came to town okaywaitlet'snotgothere). On the realistic side, if Wooton ever went back to Alaska in a Club episode, maybe he could visit his family. And Hadley.
Fourth is...
Two-Bits!
I heard the Long End a while back and was wondering about him. I believe, during the Club Q and A, someone asked if he would return, and the team said they didn't have any plans for him.
The thing is, there's a lot we don't know about him. Where did he come from? What are his motivations to help Skint (wild guess: money)? How long had he and Skint been working together? All we can say for sure is that he is a believer in violent persuasion methods to get a job done quickly.
For him to return, he would have to get out of jail. Which is an issue. And even so, what would happen to him? Would it be like what happened with Buck? I have no idea, because we weren't given his age. Only the writers know.
I did imagine once that he wanted Buck's help to continue the Long End that Skint started. Of course, trouble ensues...
Last but not least...
Vance King
There is only one reason I bring him up:
There is a lack of bullies in Odyssey.
Seriously, the only consistent kid bully around is Valerie. Of course, there's Jay, but I don't appreciate how he's taking the burden of more serious bullies like Vance! Vance was the one to set up schemes and force other people to do them. Valerie's schemes are pettier, if you ask me. Mostly over Jules.
Of course, there's the possibility that Vance could return and seek revenge on Buck, but I have a feeling that's not likely. Unfortunately, I wrote a novel fanfic about this before I realized that.
There you have it. My weird choices for returns. :lol:
"Next up, Mark Morgan's message to all math maniacs in the middle school is meaningful if you mingle by the mezzanine for a momentous mix of methodological mayhem and a menagerie of multiplicative inversions. Ha ha ha! I bet I could say this backwards. Inversions multiplicative of menagerie a and mayhem methodological..."
djchatswithu
Cookies & Creme

Monica Stone wrote:
Hmm, I love this question! There have been so many characters in the past that have been written off that I wish would return. I will mention characters who could return due to the qualifications 1) their character hasn't died (i.e. characters like Tom Riley, Jerry Whittaker, Regis Blackgaard) and 2) their actor hasn't passed. My list is in no particular order tbh because I can't rank them lol. I chose characters who I think could easily have stories written about them. Like, if they brought back Lucy, what would they do with her? So there are certain characters who, although I love, got a great ending or who don't need anymore stories written about them.
SO...
Monica Stone
For shame if you didn't see this coming from me! I love Monica Stone (that must be a great shock to you all). She was such a great, complex character and was developed so well in so few episodes. She had so much potential to go further, but she was never brought back after that lovely final scene with her and Jason in "Exit." If she did come back, I would love to see her & Jason reconnect (even if not romantically, but that would be nice :)) and listen as she tries to start her life anew. Duncan returning would also be extremely awesome.
Leonard Meltsner
Everett Meltsner
Yeah, this naturally follows Leonard's return. I think hearing Buck & Everett interact would be the coolest thing. Imagine as they discover how similar their background are: they both were raised by criminals who they loved as if those criminals were their parents and ultimately had to betray them. THE POTENTIAL.
Bryan Dern
Cryin' Bryan Dern is honestly one of the funniest characters ever, imo. "Top This!" is an absolute joy to hear because of him. He is the highlight of every episode he's in. He may be the best comic relief character...? I'd have to think about it. There have been many episodes recently that feature the news ("Breaking News" for one) and it would be easy to write stories about him. Why hasn't Corey Burton been on the show in since 2008? He still acts. He would probably return to the show if invited.
The Chairman
Yes, I'm that basic fan who wants the Chairman to return. You can't deny how satisfying that would be. Perhaps he has heard about Whit's cobble box technology (which is basically mind kidnapping™). I dunno if that would be good idea or not, but it's the first thing that comes to mind. There are a bunch of different ways to bring him back. We need closure! Also, I heard that I may have been mistaken and the Chairman in the BC books might just be a reference to the Young Whit books? I dunno. I'll just keep reading to find out.
Honorable mentions: Richard Maxwell, Tasha Forbes, Mandy Straussberg, and Trent DeWhite.

Did I rant too much? Probably. Am I sorry about it? No. I love all these characters and am itching for them to return and hope they will someday. What about you, ASmouseInTheHouse? Who would you like to see return?
in regards to your idea for Everett and buck, I'm working on that exact idea as part of my revised long end fanfic! just have one scene left to write.
after buck has several nightmares after skint's arrest, Eugene is unsure what to do, even though he and buck were both foster kids. until Whit suggests talking to Everett, (as they both had a similar experiences) via the Edu-link
Secondly, I'd be quite happy if Richard Maxwell came back (not one of my favorites, but still a brilliantly written character).
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

That's sounds like a cool fanfic, I'm excited to read it!
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Carl
Caramel Crunch

Same here!
Buckles shipper. Visit my Odyssey website at http://odyssey-news.com/.

Trista: Isn't it great to be an indevidual now, not just someone who wears what society tells them to wear?
Jules: But your telling my what to wear.
Trista: Of course, I'm your publicist, it's my job.

~#902 California Dreams, Part 1~