Odyssey and the Enneagram (Oh boy!)

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Odyssey and the Enneagram (Oh boy!)

so recently i've been super into Enneagram, a personality model similar to myer briggs (16 personalities), but which focuses on nine types and their connections to one another, not to mention the variables within each type. personally, i've found it more reliable than mbti but it might be up to personal preference.

https://www.enneagraminstitute.com/type-descriptions here's an overiew! i identify as a 4 with a wing of 3. your wings will always be one type down or one type one from your dominant type. for example, 6w7 or 6w5, 2w3, or 2w1.

and here's what it looks like visually!

in terms of the aio charcters; i'm pretty sure that jason is a 7w8, both an enthusiast and a challenger.
eugene is almost definitely a 1w9, reformer and peacmamaker. (ones with a wing of nine generally are observers and sometimes seen as being cold hearted)
connie seems like she would be a 6w7?

i'm still relatively new to the whole thing, so i'd love to see your thoughts. was i accurate in my research? how would you type other characters? and what's your enneagram type?
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

I just wanted to pop in to say this is a very creative and interesting idea. I’ve heard about Enneagram, but I haven’t taken it myself yet. Once I do I might be able to help categorize AiO characters.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

My siblings/cousins/family in general are obsessed with it too. While talking with my siblings, we decided Eugene is a 5, not a 1. I am a 1, and we are very by-the-book/proud/have to do what is right in our eyes. Eugene is more the typical nerd stereotype, which is a 5. He is motivated by understanding the world, and thus is so nerdy and knows so much. Eugene's self obsession is also a thing, so maybe a 5 wing 4? Also the fact that Eugene has many different writers etc., so I'm sure his personality changes more often then a normal person or even character in most short tv shows.

We also were thinking Whit is somewhere around a 6/7. He's very independent. He also could be a 2? but I think he is just a kind person, and not motivated exactly by helping other.
xo eht haiasi-
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Tarol wrote:My siblings/cousins/family in general are obsessed with it too. While talking with my siblings, we decided Eugene is a 5, not a 1. I am a 1, and we are very by-the-book/proud/have to do what is right in our eyes. Eugene is more the typical nerd stereotype, which is a 5. He is motivated by understanding the world, and thus is so nerdy and knows so much. Eugene's self obsession is also a thing, so maybe a 5 wing 4? Also the fact that Eugene has many different writers etc., so I'm sure his personality changes more often then a normal person or even character in most short tv shows.

that's actually something i hadn't really thought of! his writing isn't what I'd call inconsistent, but yeah, sometimes he acts more scholarly, or more analytical, or more abstract. he's got a lot of the characteristics that a typical five has. i'd say he might be a 5w6? generallly, 5s with a wing of 6 are more abstract thinkers. but it's probable we won't land on an exact type because he has so many writers.
Tarol wrote: We also were thinking Whit is somewhere around a 6/7. He's very independent. He also could be a 2? but I think he is just a kind person, and not motivated exactly by helping other.
i really have no idea what type Whit is, lol.
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

I think Wooton is probably a 6 or a 2. Buck is almost definitely a 6. He really likes to be supported in what he does, and when he feels like he's failed, his value is diminished in his mind. I think he probably deals with anxiety and trying to get over invasive, scary thoughts. This is kind of seen through the fear of being rejected by Eugene and Katrina and people in general. I could see Katrina being a 2. Penny's probably a 4.
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

I feel Wooton is more a 7,at least old Wooton was very much about having fun and using it to avoid pain (esp with Connie). Lately, though, he does seem more like a 2, so I can see that as well.

I think Buck may have a 5 wing to be honest, as he likes to learn and understand things... Or maybe a 7 wing too because he can avoid pain a lot too.

I agree on Penny, that's 100% her.

Ooh, I bet Liz is a 3, because she's so uncertain about who she is. Mandy could be a 4,a 6,or a 2 maybe? Haha, I feel like we get to know her a lot in so many episodes, but I don't know if I could say what her personality is...
xo eht haiasi-
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Tarol wrote:I feel Wooton is more a 7,at least old Wooton was very much about having fun and using it to avoid pain (esp with Connie). Lately, though, he does seem more like a 2, so I can see that as well.

I think Buck may have a 5 wing to be honest, as he likes to learn and understand things... Or maybe a 7 wing too because he can avoid pain a lot too.

I agree on Penny, that's 100% her.
agreed!! imho wooton makes for a 7w6. i have a sister with the same type and i've always been able to see similarities. 2s and 7s are p often mistaken for each other too.
and i can pegg buck as a 6 as well.

i'm not entirely sure what to think about penny in regards to her personality. a 4 is a good estimate in regards to her talents/gifts/thought processes, but she's more often than not seen as a shallow person (with a few exceptions here 'n there) and that bothers me.

liz is totally a 3! jared is a 8 probably, and lucy cunningham schultz is almost definitely a 1w9. mandy is a bit more ambigious, like eugene, and maybe is a 4 too?