PROTEST CONNIE NOT BEING MARRIED!!

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

PROTEST CONNIE NOT BEING MARRIED!!

Me and my brother are starting a protest to try to get connie married or at least start dating again. Not to Jason or Mitch or Jeff or anyone specific just married or dating. We are now writing and drawing and sending those things to Focus.

. Please join us!

No pressure but we would love you to help :yes: here is there address

Adventures in Odyssey
8605 Explorer Drive
Colorado Springs, CO 80920

Or for Canada

19946 80A Avenue
Langley, BC V2Y 0J8

Join us!
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Honestly. I'm perfectly okay with Connie not getting married or even dating. As a happily single 23 year old (who has never been on a date), it's nice to have a role model in Connie. So many Christian broadcasts and publications emphasize women getting married and don't really address young women who are not yet married but are just waiting on God for the right guy. Perhaps Focus could focus on a storyline such as that - instead of pushing Connie to get married.

Also I changed the title of this post to make it more clear.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

Belle wrote:Honestly. I'm perfectly okay with Connie not getting married or even dating. As a happily single 23 year old (who has never been on a date), it's nice to have a role model in Connie. So many Christian broadcasts and publications emphasize women getting married and don't really address young women who are not yet married but are just waiting on God for the right guy. Perhaps Focus could focus on a storyline such as that - instead of pushing Connie to get married.

Also I changed the title of this post to make it more clear.
Ok thank you. Wells that's your opinion and I respect that. I just don't agree.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Katie10 wrote: Ok thank you. Wells that's your opinion and I respect that. I just don't agree.
Its your opinion that a woman always needs to be married to fulfill God's calling? That it isn't alright for a young woman to be single and not dating anyone?
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

I think she means it's her opinion that she, personally, wants Connie to get married because she likes the idea, while you personally do not. Now me, I don't have a preference either way, but I do find it frustrating that historically speaking in this show, all the lead men sans Jason get to be married (and their wives primarily exist to further stories for the men, no less), but Connie can't get married because of reasons. It's one of the reasons I've never cared about much of the main romance in the show (including Connie/Mitch)—I never felt that the person that the lead was with existed as a human being unto themselves before they were The Love Interest.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Yeah I've noticed that too. How you start out with main male characters who get married, while Connie's remained single. Yeah I'll join! Sounds like fun! Are we just writing letters of disapproval?
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

Belle wrote:
Katie10 wrote: Ok thank you. Wells that's your opinion and I respect that. I just don't agree.
Its your opinion that a woman always needs to be married to fulfill God's calling? That it isn't alright for a young woman to be single and not dating anyone?
No not at all. All I ment was that I disagreed about connie. I think a women can be single and do God's calling. I live with someone like that and she helped us largely and is obeying God in a awemazing way! Sorry if I came off that way.
PennyBassett wrote:Yeah I've noticed that too. How you start out with main male characters who get married, while Connie's remained single. Yeah I'll join! Sounds like fun! Are we just writing letters of disapproval?
Mostly or just asking them to get her into some relationship. I was thinking we should do one big day when everyone sends in a letter. :yes: What do you think?
Edit: just realized that if you didn't live in the same state it wouldn't arrive at the same time. Hmmmm
MonkeyDude
Cookies & Creme

Hmmm... I'll be dead honest, I'm perfectly fine with Connie being single, but they are certainly taking their time considering Jeff was introduced 8 volumes ago, yet they still have like 4 episodes volume not feeding to any of the current arcs they have.
*Finger guns aggressively*
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

Connie and whit must become a thing! Protest that Connie and whit haven't dated yet!!! :mrgreen:
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

Agent.MontyWhittaker wrote:Connie and whit must become a thing! Protest that Connie and whit haven't dated yet!!! :mrgreen:
Ummmm if you think Connie and Jason have to big of a age difference then I hope your joking. If your not guess you can't use that anymore ;)
Mr. Clever
Cookies & Creme

Agent.MontyWhittaker wrote:Connie and whit must become a thing! Protest that Connie and whit haven't dated yet!!! :mrgreen:
Please just stop. I already have enough anxiety and nightmares.
“We all change. When you think about it, we’re all different people, all through our lives. And that’s okay, that’s good, you gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be. I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I swear. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.” - Matt Smith
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

TheDoctor wrote:
Please just stop. I already have enough anxiety and nightmares.
I'll 2nd that. It's just to weird.
MonkeyDude
Cookies & Creme

My OTP *cries a single tear of joy*
*Finger guns aggressively*
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

MonkeyDude wrote:
My OTP *cries a single tear of joy*

This is truly the best thing to have come out of the Soda Shop lol. :clap: I knew I was here for a reason! :lol:
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

that was a joke, btw. Whit and Connie wouldn't work.
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Well. Yes. I just didn't find it very funny.
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

Ok i don't mean to be rude but I kinda wanted this to turn in to something is anyone really on bored or should we just let this topic for o ut? Ether way sites me fine.
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

I mean, I would do it. It sounds fun. My only hesitancy is people on the topic don't seem too interested, and Odyssey already knows that the fandom wants Connie married. So it's not a bad idea, we just need a lot of people.
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

Ya maybe we should wait till bored is more active.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

This is currently the most active i have seen the board in like a year...