Album 75

Hidden in all this dust lies the hypothesis of many AIO fans. What do you feel is sure to happen, and what should stay buried? Chris says keep listening, we say speculate.
djchatswithu
Cookies & Creme

Album 75

Bananareader wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:11 pm
djchatswithu wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:51 am
Bananareader wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:36 am
I was thinking the Elsewhere in Odyssey comic is going to tell us who adventures in Odyssey officially considers alive ,that we haven't heard from in a while and what they are doing, even if their actor is dead. The fact that two of the characters that are mentioned being in the comic, confirms that my and Polehaus53 theory of
Bart Rathbone, and Bernard Walton
being alive is accurate according to this podcast https://www.audiotheatrecentral.com/202 ... rview.html. The Official Adventures in Odyssey podcast confirmed that the comics will be cannon as well.
the latest comic revealed that Bernard moved to Connellsville due to business reasons, he's also revealed to be old friends with Red Hollard. Bart is still Bart, even in the imagination station he tries to sell a calculator to a kid for a bag of silver.
If the comics are canon couldn't they still feature Eugene? depending on what the team does of course. I think a lot people (including myself) will be extremely upset if they kill Eugene off. I don't care what they do with him, as long as he's not killed off.
He is featured in the some of the comics though I’ve only read the free ones, I also don’t want them to kill of Eugene.
I've just seen an announcement about the next album in the club. Without giving spoilers, NO, they are NOT killing Eugene!!!! (thank god, now I can sleep without worrying about it!)
Bananareader
Caramel Crunch

I also noticed that they have the new album on the AIO wiki, so I agree with you that they're not going to kill Eugen, without giving spoilers, Eugene could still end up leaving odyssey.
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

I split the posts from the topic “When the Actors Die, do the Characters Die?” into this new topic because it is a great start to begin discussion on Album 75, which the AIO Team revealed:

The title is
The Best Is Yet To Come
The artwork has been released as well!
Here’s the summary:
Everything has led to this moment. A new technology created by Odyssey's own Eugene Meltsner could change medical science as we know it. This new creation would improve the lives of thousands ― even millions. But Eugene is the only one who can guide his work into the future. The four-part adventure “The Best Is Yet to Come” presents an incredibly difficult decision for the Meltsner family, with implications for their fans…and the rest of the world.

Meanwhile, in “Two’s Company, Four’s a Crowd,” Suzu Rydell pulls Emily Jones into a mystery where the clues contradict themselves. Will they find a way to work together and solve a bizarre case?

And finally, a mysterious phone call gives Penny Bassett an opportunity to bring closure to a dark chapter from her past, though the process comes with its own painful revelations. Don’t miss “As Far As It Depends on Me.”

Past, present, and future collide at a critical turning point. This summer, we and our friends in Odyssey will realize that despite difficult times, The Best Is Yet to Come.
It will begin releasing in the Adventures in Odyssey Club on
July 13, 2023
I have thoughts on all this which I'll type out later. What are everyone else's thoughts? Album 75 looks most interesting. :yes:
-Signed, PolehausFifty-three

Member of The Emily Rules Klub (est. 2012)

“We have it translated in every language: (กฎของเอมิลี่, Emily es la mejor, 艾米莉规则, Emily Quy tắc!, エミリーは最高です, emilyyay ulesray!, Эмили Правила!, Emily é a melhor, एमिली नियम!, Emily est la meilleure!, إميلي هي الأفضل!, Emily Kuralları!, אמילי שולטת!, Emily Regeln!, 에밀리 담당!, Si Emily ang pinakamahusay!, എമിലി രാജ്ഞിയാണ്!, એમિલી નિયમો!) that Emily RULES!”~The E.R.K.
Applesauce
Vanilla

Eugene has been recast with Townsnend Coleman (Jason Whittaker) taking over for Will Ryan:
https://app.adventuresinodyssey.com/con ... 004l4O3QAI
Bob
Caramel Crunch

When I read the above post, I honestly thought it was some sort of joke, but after I listened to the podcast, it made more sense.
Curiously, there was a ToO topic within the last couple of years that actually seemed to predict something like this, based on the use of a computer-generated voice (CGV) in a film. At the time I said that CGV tech was still primitive and it wouldn't be viable for a while. If this pans out, my analysis may have been a little off, from a technical perspective.

That said, this is different from a purely computer-generated voice because it still relies on the input from a voice actor. From what was said on the podcast, it's better described as a computer-modified voice. I also said that I didn't feel like they would want to move away from having actual voice actors for significant roles. So even if I was wrong in the letter, my projection may still have been right in the spirit.
After the extensive discussions about Eugene's future, some on this forum, it seemed like there wasn't any solution that fans would like. If you had proposed this, most replies would have said it was bizarre, an awful idea, and couldn't possibly be viable. But after listening to the podcast, I'm at peace with it. Will Ryan saying that he wanted the character to continue makes a difference, as well as the fact that the rest of the cast and crew, as well as Mrs. Ryan, have thought this through and are on board. If we heard the episodes (part 1 is out now, but I'm not a Club member) and it turned out to be bad, that would be one thing, but they took that into consideration as well - testing if it'd work before they even wrote a script. Nobody can really replace Will Ryan in this role, but from the information I have, it seems like this is the best option going forward.

___
The podcast (and album cover) seem to strongly imply that Bernard will make an appearance in this four-parter. Since his voice is not computer-influenced, it must be taken from previous recordings of Dave Madden, either clips from old episodes, or more likely from unaired ones, e.g. "The End of an Era".
A classic never goes out of style.