Jack and Emmie

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Jack and Emmie

Guys, I just realized something: if Jack Allen is actually dead, then he knows if Emily ever excepted Christ. I don't know why but that bitter sweet reality is heartbreakingly beautiful.
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
AIOrocks101
Strawberry

Just because Alan Young is dead doesn't mean Jack is dead.
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Well, yes, that's true, but if he is, then now he knows for sure.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

Wasn't this whole story based off of something that actually happened to Alan Young? Which would mean that he (Alan Young) does know...?
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

I don't know, but that would be interesting! Where'd you hear that?
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

I'm sorry to say I don't remember :( It was maybe a podcast of some sort or behind-the-scenes...? My personal AIO-check vault, CG, has confirmed my story, however, and may be able to provide sources. I'm sorry :oops:
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Connie G. wrote:I'm sorry to say I don't remember :( It was maybe a podcast of some sort or behind-the-scenes...? My personal AIO-check vault, CG, has confirmed my story, however, and may be able to provide sources. I'm sorry :oops:
I remember this too. I tried to look it up in my AIO guide but it wasn't there. If I remember correctly, it wasn't necessarily Jack Allen, but rather one of the writer's elderly father?

As AIOrocks101 said though, just because Allen Young is dead doesn't mean Jack Allen is. My guess is he will fade into oblivion like Bernard and Tom Riley. :/
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Part of me wants them to find replacements, but then part of me wants to cry at the thought that they have to be replaced. :( (I mean, everybody thought Hal Smith couldn't be replaced, but if you ask me, Paul Herlinger came in and knocked it out of the park.)
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Belle wrote:
Connie G. wrote:I'm sorry to say I don't remember :( It was maybe a podcast of some sort or behind-the-scenes...? My personal AIO-check vault, CG, has confirmed my story, however, and may be able to provide sources. I'm sorry :oops:
I remember this too. I tried to look it up in my AIO guide but it wasn't there. If I remember correctly, it wasn't necessarily Jack Allen, but rather one of the writer's elderly father?

As AIOrocks101 said though, just because Allen Young is dead doesn't mean Jack Allen is. My guess is he will fade into oblivion like Bernard and Tom Riley. :/
I'm pretty sure Alan's wife died of the condition but when the writers wrote the episode they were oblivious to the fact. Alan eventually broke down in the middle of the scene and explained why. That's also why the acting is so good in that scene.

-- Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:49 am --
TigerShadow wrote:Part of me wants them to find replacements, but then part of me wants to cry at the thought that they have to be replaced. :( (I mean, everybody thought Hal Smith couldn't be replaced, but if you ask me, Paul Herlinger came in and knocked it out of the park.)
I'm pretty sure Phil Proctor could do Bernard's voice if he tried. At one point in The Case of The Ball Cap Hero he said something that sounded exactly like Bernard. But I'm not really sure if I want- no I do. Bernard has to come back so he can meet Buck and see Eugene as a father and see Wooton be married and- yes. Come on guys, please make this a thing!
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse