The JRC (Jason rules club)

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

For those of you who are on tumblr, there's a new blog, the Jason Whittaker Fan Club!

http://weallneedanagentinourlives.tumblr.com/

started by goodoldbaz.

It was actually inspired by a tag I put on one of my posts about Jason, #I need an agent in my life

It would be nice if there was actually someone out there like Jason in real life-- cool, adventurous, but with integrity.

The problem is--besides the fact that secret agents are secret, and thus hard to find--spies often have a more loose interpretation of morality than others. Even Jason got lost in "the labyrinth" (though he really didn't go as far as others might, because of who he is)-- it's the reality of the spy business- it's so easy for the lines to blur into gray for the 'greater good'.

And no one is like Jason Whittaker because, well, he's John Avery Whittaker's son. And lives in Odyssey, which is, alas, a fictional town.

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

That's a really long web address...
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Mr. Whit's End wrote:That's a really long web address...
It is. Not much has been going on with it lately....like this topic. You'd think with how awesome Jason is, there'd be lots to discuss. :)

There is at least going to be one episode in the next season of the Adventure Club with Jason in it.

They have a part of the script on aiowiki: http://www.aiowiki.com/w/images/c/ca/En ... Script.jpg

Poor Jason! :jason

HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

Ouch. Poor Jason.
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

May I join? I quite like talking about my favourite character with people with the similar tastes.
Jason rules!
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

GJFH wrote:May I join? I quite like talking about my favourite character with people with the similar tastes.
Jason rules!
Yay! Welcome! Are you the same GJFH as on fanfiction .net?

Mickey
Peach Cobbler

Hey this looks like a cool topic I really like Jason, but not with Connie! I'll join as long as long as I don't have love Jason and Connie together!
Proud K.R.E Member
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Mickey wrote:Hey this looks like a cool topic I really like Jason, but not with Connie! I'll join as long as long as I don't have love Jason and Connie together!
What, they're beautiful and amazing together! Haha in my mind. ;)

But no you don't have to like Connie and Jason together to be a fan of Jason !!!! He's awesome no matter what.

Baron von Odyssey
Cookies & Creme

Yeah, I also personally don't think that Connie and Jason should be together. (hides)
"Greetings. Name's Baron Von Odyssey. My card."
(Card: [Baron von Odyssey - writer, book lover, fairytale enthusiast, and AIO fan])
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My posts are awesome! You wanna know why?
BECAUSE I'M BATMAN!!
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Baron von Odyssey wrote:Yeah, I also personally don't think that Connie and Jason should be together. (hides)
HUH? You do know the mods will have you banned for that opinion. :mad: :P
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

In my never-ending quest to subvert the mods from the inside, I can assure you that you'll be kept safe. ;)
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

Miss Friendship wrote:
Baron von Odyssey wrote:Yeah, I also personally don't think that Connie and Jason should be together. (hides)
In that case *dramatic pause* They'll have to ban me too :boohoo:

*joins the Jason club*
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Miss Friendship wrote:
Really?? It seems to me that Jason/Connie relationship is an unpopular opinion. I usually seem to be in the minority, but I keep plodding away.

GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Ameraka wrote:
GJFH wrote:
Yay! Welcome! Are you the same GJFH as on fanfiction .net?
Yes, I am. And the Jason/Connie ship seems to be in the minority, I seldom talk to anyone who doesn't laugh at the prospect.

What exactly do we do in this club? Is the purpose only to "fangirl?" :mad: At least I'm able to do that :yes: .
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Yes, what IS the point of this club? Jason isn't a bad character but does he really deserve this much praise? He's always seemed really rambunctious and prone to make rash decisions. Of course, his character also has a lot of charm and Whit and he is rather intelligent. But what is the real purpose of this club? Why does Jason have so many fangirls?
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

I think it's mainly because he's cute.
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

With all due respect, I beg to differ.
The reason Jason is a popular character, in my opinion, is because of a few basic aspects of his character.
1. Jason is a professor of Christian Faith, his own faith not just his father's.
2. He has his faults and recognizes that he does. In which case he shows humility.
3. He has a strong desire for justice and tries to do what's right, even if it he goes about the wrong way.
4. He is a emphatic, considerate person bearing in mind what he's experienced to other's problems.
5. He uses analytical thinking, he's skilled in mechanics and gadgets most people have no need for.
5. He is a character with a brilliant, witty sense of humour, that appeals to adults as well as children and references pop culture at times.
Alright, that's only my thoughts, I'd be interested in seeing other reasons you think we love Jason.

Ameraka
Fudge Marble

GJFH wrote:With all due respect, I beg to differ.
The reason Jason is a popular character, in my opinion, is because of a few basic aspects of his character.
1. Jason is a professor of Christian Faith, his own faith not just his father's.
2. He has his faults and recognizes that he does. In which case he shows humility.
3. He has a strong desire for justice and tries to do what's right, even if it he goes about the wrong way.
4. He is a emphatic, considerate person bearing in mind what he's experienced to other's problems.
5. He uses analytical thinking, he's skilled in mechanics and gadgets most people have no need for.
5. He is a character with a brilliant, witty sense of humour, that appeals to adults as well as children and references pop culture at times.
Alright, that's only my thoughts, I'd be interested in seeing other reasons you think we love Jason.
^ Yes, this is why I love him. I think that's why he's attractive (not because of how the artists draw him...I imagine him differently anyway). And his voice doesn't hurt either. ;)
And I like the spy aspect. He introduced me to spy stuff. Although he's not a spy anymore, and it did get him in moral trouble, he was good at it. And it was because he was a Christian he had this crisis.
(Can one be both a good Christian and a good spy? Or does one have to descend to James Bond-type morality? Would we be better off with more Christian spies--those who do have the kind of moral dilemma Jason does so they won't do what's wrong--or is some wrongdoing essential to being a spy--and thus it's best that Jason never goes back to that life? Is it wrong just for him personally, leading him into too much temptation, or is it for anyone? We do need some espionage to run the country {or do we?}) Anyway....

PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

GJFH wrote:With all due respect, I beg to differ.

Interesting points GJFH. Which I will now prove false. (Mostly...)
1. Ok, this one I do agree with. And I can even respect him for his faith at times. In the past, though, he has twisted what the Bible says or has taken it slightly out of context. ("A Question About Tasha", Red Wagons and Pink Flamingos, Shining Armor, etc.) Now please understand that I'm not saying that Christians are supposed to be perfect which is why I overall agree with this reason. I think it's worth mentioning, though.

2. This is- um, well, simply inaccurate. Jason is pretty stubborn and at times outright stuck up. He will admit to his faults but it usually takes a while.

3. Ya, he does enjoy seeing justice fulfilled. But sometimes I think he likes it a bit too much. And that can get him into trouble. Things simply can't always be fair.

4. Ok, I'd like to take a bit of time to explain the problems with fanfiction. I write fanfiction myself and I'm not against it, but if you write or read about a character enough then your view of them can change. In Ameraka's (and really all Jason) fanfiction, he's shown as much more sweet and sensitive than he really is. Like I said I write fanfic about Buck Oliver and I do the same thing with him. I'm not necessarily saying that these characters can't cry or be sensitive and sweet but you can't use it as a reason for liking the character if it isn't shown in the audio drama.

5.Ok ya, I can agree with this. He has a lot of funny moments for sure! And I think that's mostly why I like his character. I also like him because like Connie said he is pretty cute and his character brings a lot of interesting and exciting episodes. But, as I said I'm more prone to fangirl about Buck but it wouldn't be appropriate to get into that now. (If you want to talk about Buck though I'm always open to it!)
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

PennyBassett wrote:3. Ya, he does enjoy seeing justice fulfilled. But sometimes I think he likes it a bit too much. And that can get him into trouble. Things simply can't always be fair.
I actually really like that about Jason. It's a character flaw that he wrestles with, and it's one that I can identify pretty strongly with. Makes him more humanized and relatable, y'know?
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love