Should They Stay or Should They get the Boot?

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!
Jason
Cookies & Creme

Should They Stay or Should They get the Boot?

Since album 51 we have seen many new characters to the show, along with older characters no longer seen. Now to be more specific let's ignore the new families for a moment and look at some specific characters.

Red Hollard
Lucia Ortaga (Grandma "Parker")
Jacques Henri
Mrs. Kramer

While I don't believe that these characters will necessarily be as famous as well known characters such as Jack, Joanne, Bernard, Tom and Bart for ex, I do think that they have the potential to fill up the older cast characters.

What do you think should happen with these characters in future episodes? Should they stick around? How should they be developed? Or should they be used as little as possible?
Kaida
Fudge Marble

I think they should continue these characters.. Well, I don't know about Red Hollard. I still haven't warmed up to him. They should probably not use much of Jacques Henri. He's a good character but I don't see him becoming that famous. Lucia would be a great character to use more of, I think. She's such a good character in my opinion and I would like to hear more from her. Mrs. Kramer is okay. I would be okay with either hearing more or less from her.
Isaiah 40:8, 1 Corinthians 10:31
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

I don't really like Red Hollard, it seemed to me that they were trying to combine Wooton and Tom Riley into 1 character to kinda replace Tom. I wish Bernard would come back instead or something.

Jacques Henri - He is funny, but he kind of seems to be the replacement for Mr. Holstein. You know, the nice and kooky boss of one of the main female characters.

Lucia Ortaga - I don't really like her, mainly because she stars in 2 of my least favorite episodes since the hiatus (Grandma's Visit, and Grandma's Christmas Visit). She seems to somehow bring chaos everywhere she goes, and in her episodes, it seems Odyssey is trying to get younger listeners to enjoy the show by having an explosion every 2 minutes in her episodes. To some, that may be considered the charm of her character, but I don't really like her.

Now Mrs. Kramer I like. I like her a lot. I would like to hear more from her.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

I like Red as character, but I wouldn't be totally distraught if he left for good.

Jacques Henri is pretty awesome. He has quite a few humorous lines in the show. I like how he's French because I like French things.

Lucia is okay, I would have to agree with GG on this one. The episodes with Lucia can be quite chaotic, and a little annoying. Again, I wouldn't be totally distraught if she left the show.

Mrs. Kramer... Is amazing. She should stay. Enough said.
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

"100 Things I hate by Mrs. Kramer" deserved to win it's Avery.
~ Walker in Dreams
Jason
Cookies & Creme

I honestly think these characters are great for the development of the show. Red may be a little on the goofy side, but I like his Redneckness, and I think he's needed to balance the kid-adult ratio. So far his usage has been pretty steady, and he's not just funny but also good for advice sometimes.

Jacques is a pretty good character. He has his moments, and I'm interested in his development too.

Lucia is a good character Grandma's Visit and Christmas Visit were chaotic as mentioned, but I liked Anger Mismanagment. And I think her staying in Odyssey would be good too. She can be another role model for the kids. It seems like someone mentioned that she and Whit should get married... But I'll leave that at a NO.

Mrs. Kramer has been a fantastic addition to the show. She adds Bernards kermugeon attitude to things. And I can picture her appearing in random positions all over town, as she has done so far.

I really think the use of these characters more, will help strengthen the show.
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

Red Hollard: He's pretty funny!
Lucia Ortaga: I don't know about her yet.
Jacques Henri: He's a great character!!
Mrs. Kramer: You can't get much more hilariously boring than her!!
arwen
Caramel Crunch

WHO CAN'T STAND MATTHEW!!!
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

Wait? Are you saying you like him or that he should leave? Cuz I think he's cool.
Joy
Raspberry Ripple

Hmm...Red is good enough, but I'm not sure I like him that much...
Lucia has been in some non-chaotic episodes.....Like Never for Nothing, which was a pretty decent episode. It seems to me that it's a part of her personality....being involved in big projects. Organizing stuff. Over-involved. Mayhaps it's one of her flaws.
Jacques....I'm not a huge fan. His corny french jokes are a little stale. We'll see.
Mrs Kramer.....Yes yes yes YES! I love her. Honestly one of the best reboot characters. She can't replace Bernard, but she's here to do what we're missing with him gone, except more of a spiky, irritated personality then he had.
arwen
Caramel Crunch

I CANT STAND MATTHEW!!
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

Oh okay..... I'll be sure to tell Zach next time I email him.... JK I don't have his email!!
fodo14
Raspberry Ripple

They can keep Red Hollard, hes kind of funny.

Lucia Ortaga.......you must stay with us.....forever :D

Jacques Henri, He should as long as Pennys around, as soon as she leaves, or moves on with her life, they should give him a boot.

They should totally keep Mrs. Kramer, I think it would be pretty funny if she would pop up around town with a new job every time. Kind of like PJ, ( I love PJ!!!, they need to bring him back ).
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

Ehh, I think Red Hollard should go. I hate it when they bring in a character to replace another, and they make that character so much like the old one (in this case, Bernard and Tom). Uggh, you just honestly can't replace either of them!
Lucia... I'm still coming up with an opinion about her.. But I mostly agree with Jase
Jacques- I agree with Kaida on this one.
Mrs. Kramer- OK, I'll admit it... She is a pretty awesome character. I agree Fodo, that would be funny!
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Stella: Sounds AWESOME!
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Red Hollard should definitely go. He's just... annoying in general. He makes me miss Bernard all the more. And he rarely ever has genuinely humorous moments. But I suppose he's technically already "gone" anyway, as we haven't heard from him in about 30 episodes.

I would say that Jacques Henri should go as well, but he makes for a nice foil for Penny, so I suppose he can stick around for a little while. He has a good, genuine French actor playing him as well, (or at least he sounds genuinely French) so I don't think AIO would be wise to let that go.

Lucia Ortega can be a good character, as long as she's limited to no more than one episode per album. Her coming to Odyssey should be a special occasion: something to bring the Parker family together and remind us of their Spanish heritage. Nothing more. If she becomes a major character, I will disapprove. But I think right now, she's good where she is.

Mrs. Kramer could be a very funny character, and she has her moments of hilarity, but AIO are really going to need to push her curmudgeon humor like they did with Bernard if she's going to become a personal favorite of mine. I like her in the episodes she's in I suppose, but I believe she's a bit overrated by fans. At least she's better than Mrs. Sutton, I guess...

Oh, and I completely agree with fodster. BRING BACK PJ!
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Totally His
Chocolate Chip

I think Red is funny, but I didn't like how he was in the Alvin York episodes.
I also like Lucia, and her accent is right on for my abuelita! <3
I love Jacque Henri! He is totally awesome! I hope he is in more episodes.
Mrs. Kramer is a knock out! She is so grouchy that I love her!!! She needs* to stay! ( in my humble and lowly opinion :lol: )
The greatest single cause for atheists in the world today, is Christians. Who acknowledge Jesus with their lips, and walk out the door, and deny him with their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

Red is ok... I don't really care if he goes or stays.
Lucia is good, but she would be better if she married Whit :P
Jacques Henri is AWESOME!! What makes him better for me is that I know a lot of French people who are a lot like him.
Mrs. Kramer is also very awesome. She has that Edith Sutton humour that I love. Only she doesn't like Whit, which I loved with Edith :)
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

I'm completely against Red because he replaced Bernard.
I feel Lucia Ortaga is annoying with poor character development.
Jaques Henri is an OK character. I'd probably want him to stay.
Mrs. Kramar may be funny, but I think she's a horrible character. Her humor is dry, she's annoying, etc
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

What's wrong with dry humor, Wooton? What would you prefer instead, wet humor?
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Rosy
Cookie Dough

CreativeThinker101 wrote:What's wrong with dry humor, Wooton? What would you prefer instead, wet humor?
Man, CT... I laughed so hard at this, I almost choked on my gum.. :lol:
꿈. 희망. 전진.