Robert Mitchell (Mitch)

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!

Mitch is Gone....

The Best Thing that has happened lately!
5%
This has ruined Album 55 for me!
27%
Meh, I knew he wasn't going to stay for long.
50%
I wish he would have married Connie!
18%

Total votes: 22

Connie_Kendall
Peanut Butter Cup

mitch was not a jerk. connie was not a jerk(i should know ;)) kathy buchanan was not a jerk. mitch and connie decided GOD did not want them together. so by saying mitch is a jerk, you are kinda saying God was a jerk (okay, maybe overrated, but still) maybe they'll bring someone for connie who is better than mitch! that would be interesting ;D
whittaker96
Caramel Crunch

Mitch loved Connie, but he loved the FBI more than her. I think he's a nice guy, but he wasn't the right one for Connie. I think she needs a new love interest though - perhaps Ethan Daniels? ;)
Come take a humorous, modern look at Odyssey, reviewing, discovering, and applying w/ Out of Control in Odyssey and Candid KOnversations! Join the odyssey to find the real Odyssey.

http://odysseyoutofcontrol.blogspot.com/
Kaida
Fudge Marble

Ooh! I like your idea whit96. You should definitely talk to the writers about this.. I think it can really work ;)
Isaiah 40:8, 1 Corinthians 10:31
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

Nelson S. wrote:
CreativeThinker101 wrote:Mitch is an idiot. He's a jerk, an idiot, a stereotype, and not good for Connie AT ALL.
Maybe Mitch isn't a idiot... maybe Kathy Buchanan is...
HO now Ben, there's be none o' that sorta talk on THIS board. I think Miss Kathy deserves an apology.

whittaker96 wrote:Mitch loved Connie, but he loved the FBI more than her. I think he's a nice guy, but he wasn't the right one for Connie. I think she needs a new love interest though - perhaps Ethan Daniels? ;)
I know Ethan would like that, haha. If only we could do some crossover stuff with Focus.. that would be great. although, I guess we already did to some extent. Did any of you guys hear the Averys two years ago? We put that together as a team, and had a few cameos thrown in there.
"I strive to be an Elephant" - Odyssey Fan Wiley
Mara
Pistachio

I really liked Mitch. It was sad when he left, but I think it ruined it when he was brought back.
Jason
Cookies & Creme

CreativeThinker101 wrote:Mitch is an idiot. He's a jerk, an idiot, a stereotype, and not good for Connie AT ALL.

I really don't think this describes Mitch at all. There are plenty of jerks in this world that treat women wrong. Is Mitch one of these? Does he really deserve these insults? Not really. Connie and Mitch dated, yes. They were a good couple, and actually they could arguably be the best pair on the show. Why? Because they weren't clones of each other. Mitch loves FBI work, and Connie works with kids in an ice cream shop. Mitch loves action and suspense, Connie loves routine. However, here's the thing. Connie fell for pre-agent Mitch. Would Connie have made a good match for Mitch had they stayed together? Not really. They made a mutual agreement that they should go their separate ways.

Could they have let it be without Something Old, Something New? Yes, however this episode answers the question once and for all for fans everywhere that Connie and Mitch will not get back together. Was Mitch a jerk in this episode? Not really. Was it wrong for him to fall for another girl after one didn't work out? No. He moved on and found someone who is (surprisingly[?]) more like Mitch than Connie ever could be.
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

My comment was a bit of a joke, Jason. However, I don't believe Mitch and Connie were right for each other, and I am personally glad they didn't get married. However, I did find Mitch to be a jerk in Something Old, Something New. He was just a bit insensitive to Connie's feelings, and I didn't see why he had to talk to her at all, if he was just going to go on and on about Maureen.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Something old, something new was such a horrible episode that my mind has cut it off and refused to acknowledge its existence, so I never include it in my ponderings.

I thought a good deal about your post, Creative Thinker (the first one, that is), and you have a good deal of truth in it. Mitch is a stereotypical 'knight in shining amour'. He was essentially created for Connie. Connie bounced herself off of him and created a lot of drama, but I always felt like we were focusing on Connie and not Mitch. We always knew more about Connie and so we had a hard time to adequately judge their relationship.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

T.S. (myself) wrote:Something old, something new was such a horrible episode that my mind has cut it off and refused to acknowledge its existence, so I never include it in my ponderings.
Why does everyone say this? Something Old and Something New is a wonderful episode, full of humor with Penny and Wooton and Wooton planning his and Connie's wedding.

Sure, my heart ached for Connie when Mitch told her that he was getting married, but he didn't know that it wasn't real, so, he figured, she's getting married, I'm getting married, and that way my being back in town won't be a problem. That's probably the only reason he talked to Connie at all.

I mean, Connie and Mitch loved each other, why would he want to hurt her? You begged for Mitch to come back, and he did, and now you want him to come back again and marry Connie! Its a very far fetched idea.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

All the same, one tends to dislike an episode that leaves you absolutely miserable, Blondie. It's sad the episodes turned out to be heartbreakers. Connie and Penny bounced off each other delightfully, Matthew and EMILY detected at their best, and Wooton, as always, makes you crack up.
Jason is right for the most part. But Mitch left Connie with a whispered "Maybe someday" and, later, with a kiss. Yes, they decided they wouldn't work together, that God had separate destinies for them. But then he comes back with Maureen? And, of course, this engagement is news to Connie. No one ever tells her anything!
In the end, Mitch is very kind to Connie and a cool, funny character who brought a great deal of special life to his episodes. But when he came back... well, he wasn't a jerk. I'll say that. In fact, it was good to have him back.
I'll stand up for Mitch.
Even though Kathy seems to have decided to ignore the existence of email.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
EmilyLBean
Chocolate Chip

I feel like Mitch probably isn't a bad guy, just painfully clueless. I really like Connie, and I pretty much hate Mitch simply because he hurt her. I mean, he was all "Will you marry me? By the way, I'm moving to Budapest. Wanna come?" I mean, really? REALLY?!
Then he has to nerve to return like, "Oh you're marrying Wooton? Dude, we should have coffee so I can brag on MY fiancee!"
Gettin' on my nerves, yo. For real.
Connie is a sweet girl. She can do better than that. She needs the caring, intuitive type. Which Mitch apparently isn't, bless his heart.
Emily
Rosy
Cookie Dough

EmilyLBean wrote:I feel like Mitch probably isn't a bad guy, just painfully clueless. I really like Connie, and I pretty much hate Mitch simply because he hurt her. I mean, he was all "Will you marry me? By the way, I'm moving to Budapest. Wanna come?" I mean, really? REALLY?!
Then he has to nerve to return like, "Oh you're marrying Wooton? Dude, we should have coffee so I can brag on MY fiancee!"
Gettin' on my nerves, yo. For real.
Connie is a sweet girl. She can do better than that. She needs the caring, intuitive type. Which Mitch apparently isn't, bless his heart.
Thank you! Finally someone who agrees with me...painfully clueless is a good way to describe him, I must say.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Sage
Caramel Crunch

How can anyone call him names because Connie wasn't able to move past Odyssey and be his wife???? The bible says you're SUPPOSED to leave your parents and cleave to your husband...but Connie just couldn't handle that. tsk tsk....

BUT...the way he returned and treated Connie was pretty low-down. I bet Focus on the Family did that to make kids stop asking if they would ever get back together lol.
“It is one of the defects of my character that I cannot altogether dislike anyone who makes me laugh.”

Emily Rules!
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Mystery of the universe: what exactly is this horrible Mitch brutality to Connie that people speak of?
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Pound Foolish wrote:Mystery of the universe: what exactly is this horrible Mitch brutality to Connie that people speak of?
Hear! Hear! I would like to know what this is as well.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Sage
Caramel Crunch

The way he paraded his fiance and just...the way he treated her and all that jive. I mean he doesn't speak to her in forever, even to ask how she's doing, and then comes back and says 'Hey Connie look at this girl, she's better then you' ....pretty much. Now June Kendle's anger at Mitch for 'breaking my little girls' heart was a little misplaced...there relationship not working out was Connie's fault.
“It is one of the defects of my character that I cannot altogether dislike anyone who makes me laugh.”

Emily Rules!
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Sage wrote:The way he paraded his fiance and just...the way he treated her and all that jive. I mean he doesn't speak to her in forever, even to ask how she's doing, and then comes back and says 'Hey Connie look at this girl, she's better then you' ....pretty much. Now June Kendle's anger at Mitch for 'breaking my little girls' heart was a little misplaced...there relationship not working out was Connie's fault.
Connie asked Mitch about Maureen, Connie invited M&M to the non-wedding reception. Mitch was very quiet about Maureen, and in no way did he flaunt her around.
Sage
Caramel Crunch

I agree to disagree. Maybe Mitch isn't so bad, but Connie with all her emotions needs someone that understands emotions...and that emotions can be hurt by his insensitive actions.

Emily Rules!
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Ahem. Sage, I disagree to agree to disagree. This keeps coming up, and frankly, it gets old. So again: what is it that Mitch did that hurt Connie and that was "insensitive?" Gods Girl just summed it up pretty nicely.
Connie asked Mitch about Maureen, Connie invited M&M to the non-wedding reception. Mitch was very quiet about Maureen, and in no way did he flaunt her around.
It's ridiculous how so many women try to pin the blame for Connie's hurt feelings on Mitch. Show. Me. One. Single. Thing. He. Did. Or. Said. That. Was. Insensitive.
No generalizing. Just name one single example. I dare yah.
Sage
Caramel Crunch

well...it was...well quite frankly i just--you know what my-excuse me...i need...dcndbkASL. I'll get back to this.

Emily Rules!