Robert Mitchell (Mitch)

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!

Mitch is Gone....

The Best Thing that has happened lately!
5%
This has ruined Album 55 for me!
27%
Meh, I knew he wasn't going to stay for long.
50%
I wish he would have married Connie!
18%

Total votes: 22

TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Ameraka wrote:
TigerShadow wrote: His only real unique purpose in the show was to be a romantic interest to Connie.
Bringing people on the show just for the purpose of being a romantic interest annoys me to death. Like they have no separate personality apart from a main character--they seem less like real characters and more like an excuse for a plot device. Which is what Jeff seems to be--they're actually bringing back Connie's first boyfriend.
This is why I never got into most of the adult ships on AIO. Most of them—yes, even Eugene and Katrina—had one partner either be created to be a love interest or be a perfect clone of the other character so it would be obvious that they were their love interest.
Ameraka wrote:
connie13 wrote:
Ameraka wrote:No I don't think so because they have ended that storyline. He's not getting married to Connie--that was the whole purpose of him getting engaged to Maureen. There's no reason for him to come back if he's not getting back together with Connie, because he was created to be her boyfriend. Now she has another former/potential boyfriend, Jeff.
Ya but hey what would happen if Maureen died on a "case" or something- then it would be a great "fight" between Jeff and Mitch- or he could fall for someone else! :roll:
No she's not going to die. I really doubt they'd do that. It'd be mean to poor Maureen. :)

If they do have Jeff become a love interest, I think they should at least bring Jason into the mix (maybe even Mitch--everyone could fight over Connie!!)
It honestly kind of frightens me that people jump to death as an option to tie up the loose end of a character being "in the way" of their ship. I get that it's fiction and everything, but it honestly disturbs me that characters are devalued solely for the sake of an idealized fictional relationship.
Last edited by TigerShadow on Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Rosy
Cookie Dough

I honestly am a huge Connie/Mitch shipper, but I don't think he'll ever be back, (and if he was, it would be for a small cameo, as TigerShadow said)
And after the events of Something Old, Something New, I don't really want him to come back. Mitch and Connie is never going to happen again in the show, and even though that won't stop me from listening to the Novacom saga over and over again, I think the "bringing Mitch back" idea has already sailed. He won't be a main character in Odyssey ever again.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Wakko
Pistachio

Lolz at all the Jason/Connie shippers that hate on every other character who's been in a relationship with Connie other then Jason. \:D/ Also, the purpose of bringing Jeff back was not for a love intrest for Connie, it was to shamelessly promote the OAC episodes. \:D/
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Wakko wrote:Lolz at all the Jason/Connie shippers that hate on every other character who's been in a relationship with Connie other then Jason.
I don't hate Mitch (though listening to his final episodes does make me kind of annoyed at him--he put his job over Connie, IMO. He didn't really seem to care about her as much as Getting In the FBI). I just like Jason better. Why bring in someone else when there's someone perfectly good right there all along? Who could be better than Jason? Nobody, in my opinion, and I will never change that. :jason :jason
It's surprising he hasn't been snatched up already. Connie better get to him while she still has the chance. ;) (I'd take him but then he's a character in a radio show )
[you mean he's not real!?! O.o :cry: ]
disregard my craziness if you like ;) If people hate on J/C though--this is what happens

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
connie13
Chocolate Chip

If they do have Jeff become a love interest, I think they should at least bring Jason into the mix (maybe even Mitch--everyone could fight over Connie!!)[/quote]

I totally Agree!!! I think it would be a funny, crying, and good one!!!
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

connie13 wrote:
Ameraka wrote:If they do have Jeff become a love interest, I think they should at least bring Jason into the mix (maybe even Mitch--everyone could fight over Connie!!)

I hope that never happens...the last thing this show needs is a love triangle. Honestly, I hope Jason/Connie just stays in fanon, never to be acknowledged by the show itself; I like it better that way. I much prefer fanon!J/C.
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

TigerShadow wrote:
connie13 wrote:
Ameraka wrote:If they do have Jeff become a love interest, I think they should at least bring Jason into the mix (maybe even Mitch--everyone could fight over Connie!!)

I hope that never happens...the last thing this show needs is a love triangle. Honestly, I hope Jason/Connie just stays in fanon, never to be acknowledged by the show itself; I like it better that way. I much prefer fanon!J/C.
That's interesting; why is that?

Of course, the reason I write it is how much I want it to be on the show, even though it's probably not as likely to happen as, e.g., Jeff--perhaps all the more passionate because it's a longshot. :)

+ I honestly don't mind love triangles, especially if it at least gives Jason a chance. Better to acknowledge it and reject it than not to have it at all.

But then, perhaps J/C will only have a place in my fanfiction....*sigh*.

TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Ameraka wrote:That's interesting; why is that?
I think it's gotten to where the fandom has given me an idea of the ship that I can't get rid of in my head and I know the show won't be able to emulate that—not due to writer incapabilities, but due to the fact that writers don't base their character dynamics on fandom interpretations.
Ameraka wrote:I honestly don't mind love triangles, especially if it at least gives Jason a chance. Better to acknowledge it and reject it than not to have it at all.
Maybe it's my experience with Legend of Korra, but I've grown to despise love triangles that aren't used as a small joke. Rarely if ever do they end up with all three characters still retaining their sympathy as characters, and the idea is a cliché in and of itself. I find them overwrought and melodramatic, and they take up way too much valuable time out of a perfectly good show.
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

TigerShadow wrote:
Ameraka wrote:That's interesting; why is that?
I think it's gotten to where the fandom has given me an idea of the ship that I can't get rid of in my head and I know the show won't be able to emulate that—not due to writer incapabilities, but due to the fact that writers don't base their character dynamics on fandom interpretations.
Yes, that's kind of what I'm afraid of, if I think about it--if they do it, it obviously won't be my interpretation.
...But I'll take what I can get. :)
TigerShadow wrote:
Ameraka wrote:I honestly don't mind love triangles, especially if it at least gives Jason a chance. Better to acknowledge it and reject it than not to have it at all.
Maybe it's my experience with Legend of Korra, but I've grown to despise love triangles that aren't used as a small joke. Rarely if ever do they end up with all three characters still retaining their sympathy as characters, and the idea is a cliché in and of itself. I find them overwrought and melodramatic, and they take up way too much valuable time out of a perfectly good show.
I think they can be done well, if they don't overshadow the whole show. They do tend to do that.
"The Triangle" was a good love triangle episode. :)
Btw, The Legend of Korra is one of the shows I need to watch sometime...I haven't yet discovered a good venue to catch shows that aren't on Netflix (where I discovered Avatar).

TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

The only advantage that I can see to Jason being one leg of a love triangle, storytelling wise, would be the fact that it's a subtle nod to "The Triangle", but considering that we've already had "The Triangle" and "The Triangled Web", not to mention Eugene's perceived competition with Brandon for Katrina (I don't recall the episode), I think we've used the love triangle storyline up at the moment. If AIO does have a love triangle, I hope it's with a guy at the center and two girls fighting over him, just to shake things up.

You can find every episode of LoK on nick.com, actually. They converted the show entirely to digital toward the end of Book Three, so everything is on the Nick website. I would view it on a desktop, though; it's screwed up every time I've tried to use my mobile device. :?
Wakko
Pistachio

TigerShadow wrote:The only advantage that I can see to Jason being one leg of a love triangle, storytelling wise, would be the fact that it's a subtle nod to "The Triangle", but considering that we've already had "The Triangle" and "The Triangled Web", not to mention Eugene's perceived competition with Brandon for Katrina (I don't recall the episode),
I believe the episode is Love is in the Air.
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

Mitch? Probably not. Unless with his wife Maureen. (his horrible wife)
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

I hope his wife DIES!!! And he come back repents and Connie forgives him. And they live happily ever after!!
Proud K.R.E Member
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Why does this have to be such a huge issue? MITCH. IS. MARRIED. HE. WILL. NEVER. SEE. CONNIE. AGAIN. Get over it, people. :roll:
Last edited by ArnoldtheRubberDucky on Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

^Word. Also, Maureen is not horrible just because she married Mitch. I thought you could escape the Die For Our Ship trope in the AIO fandom; I forgot that Mitch/Connie shippers still exist. :roll:
Rosy
Cookie Dough

As much as I dislike that fact that they brought him back, killing off Maureen is A. Never going to happen; B. Would really undermine the very reason they brought him back, and would simply an act to please fans.
Thus I really hope we never hear from him again, even though I adore Connie/Mitch.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

While I don't think he was necessarily a "jerk" just for getting over Connie and marrying someone else, his treatment of Connie in "Something Old, Something New" did reveal a bit of callousness we hadn't seen in his character before. I mean... why did he have to come back to Odyssey at all? Or, why did the only subject of conversation between Connie and himself have to be Maureen? I even noticed a slightly different quality in his voice, though this could be the product of Steve Burn's aging. He just seemed almost happier... very bubbly, which, as you know, is not like Mitch at all. Overall, I don't think "Something Old, Something New" was necessary, or if it had to be there, at least show Mitch in a more positive light. I don't agree with underseasie on everything that she's said regarding this issue, but I would agree that, as she stated, this episode "ruined Mitch's legacy". It really just leaves a bad after taste for a great character.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Wodfamchocsod
Cookies & Creme

Wakko wrote:Lolz at all the Jason/Connie shippers that hate on every other character who's been in a relationship with Connie other then Jason. \:D/ Also, the purpose of bringing Jeff back was not for a love intrest for Connie, it was to shamelessly promote the OAC episodes. \:D/
I like to play with the idea of J+C and I thought Jason and Tasha were pretty good together.
Girls just wanna have fun!
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Why not Jason and Monica really? Now that was romance in the making.
Why is she still in jail?!?
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

...Because she committed numerous felonies and didn't plea bargain? ;)