Robert Mitchell (Mitch)

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!

Mitch is Gone....

The Best Thing that has happened lately!
5%
This has ruined Album 55 for me!
27%
Meh, I knew he wasn't going to stay for long.
50%
I wish he would have married Connie!
18%

Total votes: 22

the horse lover
Vanilla

I think Mr. Robert Mitchell should not have left!! He added so much FUN!!! :(

and he should have married Connie!! :D
dolphinlovr4ever
Caramel Crunch

Oh I know he was awesome
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Well, we all feel that way about characters. Unfortunately, if all the characters we want to stay really did, every Odyssey show would be an hour long, Odyssey would be awash with skyscrapers, and the world would finally conform to the media's accusations of overpopulation.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

Mitch is a liar. He said he loved Connie, he said she was 'the best thing that ever happened to him', so, to prove it, in the episode where he left for Budapest, he decided he loved his job more than he loved here and so he broke her heart. Then he comes back to Odyssey and he decides the first person to tell about his engagement to Maureen is is former girlfriend, Connie. I think Mitch may be nice, but he's just not very sensitive!
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
fodo14
Raspberry Ripple

Budapest.....or Connie

Hungary.......or the woman i love

The capital and the largest city of Hungary, the largest in East-Central Europe and one of the largest cities in the European Union.........or my girl friend who's been stuck in high school for like 10 years. And breaks and hurts me every time we go out, and never wears a different color then green.

....BUDAPEST ALL THE WAY!!!!
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

Mitch is my favourite character. He was plain awesome in the Novacom saga. Also, he and Connie broke up, so what, big deal. He was joining the FBI in Budapest. That was AWESOME! Fine, he was a jerk in Something Old, Something New. BUT......the writers of Odyssey just threw that episode together, married Mitch and sent him away to stop everybody from spamming on whitsend.org, and emailing the writers, "BRING MITCH BACK, BRING MITCH BACK! MAKE HIM MARRY CONNIE!!" I'd get tired of that too.

Well, that is why I think Mitch is the best character ever, and Something Old, Something New was irrelevant.
dolphinlovr4ever
Caramel Crunch

Just thought I would mention this....I was getting my glasses fixed on Friday and a glasses brand was Robert Mitchel. Just one l though.
Kaida
Fudge Marble

fodo14 wrote:Budapest.....or Connie

Hungary.......or the woman i love

The capital and the largest city of Hungary, the largest in East-Central Europe and one of the largest cities in the European Union.........or my girl friend who's been stuck in high school for like 10 years. And breaks and hurts me every time we go out, and never wears a different color then green.

....BUDAPEST ALL THE WAY!!!!

Ahaha! This made me laugh so much.. Honestly, I'm glad Mitch is forever gone. Never really liked him.

*Faces the angry mob of Mitch fans*
Hit me with your best shot. I CAN TAKE IT.
Isaiah 40:8, 1 Corinthians 10:31
JuniorMints
Vanilla

You know, I think Mitch was really nice. But, I have to say, Maureen not good for him.
Blitz
Moose Tracks

They way they got rid of Mitch both times did not line with his character.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

Mitch is N-O-T a jerk. He's a fictional Character. He probably didn't understand how Connie felt. Also, didn't he think Connie was getting married? Look here. He's just fiction. Why this hatred toward him? Look, even if he was whatcha call a jerk - everybody can fail or such one time or another. At times, Whit was a horrible too (much worse than Mitch, in fact) in his younger days. BTW, isn't the word "jerk" a bad word?
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

John Henry wrote:BTW, isn't the word "jerk" a bad word?
...No. No, it isn't. It basically means "rude or mean person". It's far cleaner than the alternatives.

As to why people hate him, there's nothing wrong with having strong opinions about fiction. That's the point of boards like this.

I don't think Mitch was a jerk. I think he had different desires, motivations, and needs than Connie did, and they were therefore fundamentally incompatible. I like the lesson Mitch taught—you aren't always guaranteed a happily-ever-after, even if you've met the person you think is your "true love".
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Rosy
Cookie Dough

No, I wouldn't consider "jerk" a bad word, but it's up to you whether you want to use it or not.
By the time he paraded Maureen around, he knew Connie wasn't getting married.

On the same level, I can tell you, Emily, Eugene, Wooton, and Penny are all fictional characters, why do you dislike them?

I don't dislike Mitch in any episodes but Something Old, Something New. I wish they had just let him as it was, instead of bringing him back and forcing a new girlfriend on him, just to crush the hopes and dreams of Connie/Mitch lovers like me.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

I don't think him having a new girlfriend is a bad thing. I think it's good character progression. It drives home the point that sometimes your "true love" is better off with someone else. I get why Connie/Mitch shippers don't like it, but I honestly think that Connie and Mitch were more gratingly awful than anything else.
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

All Right, Underseasie.
connie13
Chocolate Chip

Do you think that Mitch will be back? Maybe with his wife or will she have died/divorce/left him? What do you think? Tell me! \:D/
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

No I don't think so because they have ended that storyline. He's not getting married to Connie--that was the whole purpose of him getting engaged to Maureen. There's no reason for him to come back if he's not getting back together with Connie, because he was created to be her boyfriend. Now she has another former/potential boyfriend, Jeff.

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
connie13
Chocolate Chip

Ameraka wrote:No I don't think so because they have ended that storyline. He's not getting married to Connie--that was the whole purpose of him getting engaged to Maureen. There's no reason for him to come back if he's not getting back together with Connie, because he was created to be her boyfriend. Now she has another former/potential boyfriend, Jeff.

Ya but hey what would happen if Maureen died on a "case" or something- then it would be a great "fight" between Jeff and Mitch- or he could fall for someone else! :roll:
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

With all due respect to the shippers, Mitch most likely isn't coming back, except for a possible cameo appearance that has nothing to do with Connie and everything to do with his work for the FBI. His only real unique purpose in the show was to be a romantic interest to Connie, and now he is in a position where he can no longer play that role. Writers with any sense of professionalism, such as the writers on AIO, don't kill off or otherwise get rid of characters like Maureen just to satisfy a fictional couple. There is absolutely no legitimate reason for Mitch to return; Connie's surely gotten over the whole mess with him by now, especially considering that the emotional turmoil she's been through since means that there really is no longer a place for Mitch in her life. They can no longer fully relate to each other on a truly intimate and meaningful level, and if you want my opinion, they never did.

I might sound a bit vicious, but honestly, the Mitch drama should have ended with "Eggshells", and if not then, it definitely should have ended with "Something Old, Something New". I understand that it was a bit of a gut punch to the shippers, but it's about time people stopped bringing up Mitch. It's a tired storyline, and there's no point in drudging it up anymore. I applaud the writers, Kathy specifically, for killing off the potential for that relationship, and I hope it's never brought up as an option again.
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

TigerShadow wrote: His only real unique purpose in the show was to be a romantic interest to Connie.
Bringing people on the show just for the purpose of being a romantic interest annoys me to death. Like they have no separate personality apart from a main character--they seem less like real characters and more like an excuse for a plot device. Which is what Jeff seems to be--they're actually bringing back Connie's first boyfriend.

-- Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:14 pm --
connie13 wrote:
Ameraka wrote:No I don't think so because they have ended that storyline. He's not getting married to Connie--that was the whole purpose of him getting engaged to Maureen. There's no reason for him to come back if he's not getting back together with Connie, because he was created to be her boyfriend. Now she has another former/potential boyfriend, Jeff.

Ya but hey what would happen if Maureen died on a "case" or something- then it would be a great "fight" between Jeff and Mitch- or he could fall for someone else! :roll:
No she's not going to die. I really doubt they'd do that. It'd be mean to poor Maureen. :)

If they do have Jeff become a love interest, I think they should at least bring Jason into the mix (maybe even Mitch--everyone could fight over Connie!!)

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI