main characters who disappered

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!
godisawesomeness99
Raspberry Ripple

main characters who disappered

I've noticed that back in the somewhat old days, characters who were main characters in an episode, didn't show up much more after that episode. Considering the characters of Danny Schmidt, Lester and grady mckay, they only appiered in 24 episodes combined! And they were all the main characters in their episodes! Was it because they didn't like the character anymore? Was the actor no longer available? Did they just want to make new characters? The world may never know..... but does anyone have any thoughts?
here from time to time....

Psalm 73:24
Whitfan
Strawberry

I believe what it is is their voice changed, and the creators didn't want to use them. That's how it is with most child actors that are on the radio. That's just my thought. Maybe something else is behind this too.
"Don't give up on your faith. Love comes to those who believe it. And that's the way it is."
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

Danny Schmidt was a bad character anyway, so I'm glad he wasn't in many episodes.
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

He wasn't the greatest actor, but I thought he was cute! Overall I liked him! My favorite episode with him is The Secret Keys Of Discipline!
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Rosy
Cookie Dough

Novatom wrote:Danny Schmidt was a bad character anyway, so I'm glad he wasn't in many episodes.
I have to agree, I never was a big fan of Danny or any other one-time stars. He sounded like he was in 1st or 2nd grade to me, yet he acted like a 4th grader-ish. It was confusing.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
NateVONgreat
Cookies & Creme

well, according to the official guide, most child characters and actors are gone, because like mentioned above, their voice changed, but others passed away, felt like it was time for something new, or the purpose of the character was filled.
You need to remember that it may seem like a few days or months from episode to episode or album to album, where in reality it is months to complete a single episode, and years from when they were introduced to leaving.
I mean, Odyssey started with a bunch of great people, but that was 25+ years ago.

Sandwiches are wonderful
Sandwiches are fine!
I like sandwiches, I eat them all the time!
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Very well put, GreatNate. This is the first time I've come across you, master new member sir, and that was a wonderful post.
Everything you said was just plain smart, and I'm smart enough to see that, isn't that smart?
You are 100% right. However, it is worth adding that it seems unfair to get rid of characters with older voices when newer characters, like Barrett (who is a fairly forgettable character) stays despite voice changes. Now, of course, it's one thing to drop characters after a gap of years, and another to drop major characters while the show is still running. One must maintain consistency. (It would make little sense for Emily to suddenly be without Barrett... "Hey, Mom, have you seen Barrett? Neither have I. It's weird. I haven't seen him since his voice started changing. I think there's some kind of evil kidnapper who makes off with people with changing voices. I can't find Priscilla either."
  • "Pound Foolish, I just adoreee arguing with you! Here, have an eyeball."
~Suzy Lou Foolish

As the founder of the E.R.K., may I say: Emily RULES!
NateVONgreat
Cookies & Creme

Why thank you, I am new! Thanks for noticing!
Back on subject.....I bet it is the Evil Lord Gargauanchuen Fowelsplien. He seems weird enough for it, and.....It is all part of his master plan to make the world ugly!

Sandwiches are wonderful
Sandwiches are fine!
I like sandwiches, I eat them all the time!