My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!

Do you watch?

YES! It's the best show EVER!
19%
I enjoy it, along with many other "kids shows".
24%
Meh, it's ok I guess. I don't hate people who do watch it at least.
21%
The show is dumb. Why would you watch that?
23%
WORST SHOW EVER. DEATH TO ALL BRONIES!
13%

Total votes: 62

Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

Wretched Sinner wrote:Totally, Metal. Are we the only haters left? We must survive or else the pony lovers will cast us out of the SS!

Jokes aside, I've given MLP 3 chances. That's right, I watched 3 episodes. I have no idea why you guys like it? I'm not hating on it. It's an average show, but more meant for little kids. There was nothing at all in it that appealed to me. The jokes/humor weren't that funny, the plot lines were mostly corny, the animation was weak, etc. It's a okay show.......just not for me.
There's just something about it that feels almost.. Nostolgic. it feels kinda like the old shows I'd watch when I actually was a kid. Land Before Time, Arthur, Country Mouse City Mouse. The characters are enduring, and the writing is above par. It's not the most amazing show to ever exist, but I do enjoy it just because it's a fun show.
"I strive to be an Elephant" - Odyssey Fan Wiley
Connie_Kendall
Peanut Butter Cup

This is an interesting topic. I have given My Little Pony several chances, and it's not like I hate it or anything, I just think it's aimed for younger kids. It's a fun show, and if I was a little younger, I'm sure I would love it :D.But, I just can't relate. The little T.V. I watch, I would rather watch something aimed for a little older age range ;)
godisawesomeness99
Raspberry Ripple

uhhhhhh I like spongebob. Does that count?
here from time to time....

Psalm 73:24
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

I used to hate MLP... but it's kinda grown on me!! ;)
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Rosy
Cookie Dough

Cool Beans wrote:I used to hate MLP... but it's kinda grown on me!! ;)
That's cause it's AWESOME! ;) I'm so glad that I'm not alone in MLP fandom anymore.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
arwen
Caramel Crunch

I dont know if I should hate it or like it because I never saw it,so tell me how I should feel about it.
Connie_Kendall
Peanut Butter Cup

I think you should watch the show, or get some reviews on it before we tell you how to feel. If we all did, you would like it, love it, and hate it, at the same time :D
arwen
Caramel Crunch

Haha good point,Connie.
ejmade
Caramel Crunch

I watched it with my cousin and got a whole new perspective! it's so funny!
Last edited by ejmade on Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
There's been an awakening. Have you felt it? the Dark side... and the Light
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Jess Harnell sings a song of power and beauty:

http://www.vocaltwit.com/3724
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
fodo14
Raspberry Ripple

Well I don't know if this count as a guilty pleasure, but I watch and enjoy Adventure Time. Yes some people think it's just plan dumb, but I think it's pretty funny, and it's my sense of humor.
GratiaDei
Cookies & Creme

My siblings and I love Phineas and Ferb! I've actually never watched MLP, and I don't know where I would. We don't get cable, and our library doesn't have MLP on disc.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

GratiaDei wrote:My siblings and I love Phineas and Ferb! I've actually never watched MLP, and I don't know where I would. We don't get cable, and our library doesn't have MLP on disc.
I've only watched 1 episode of MLP on the tv, have you tried youtube?
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

Has anyone else heard that the new season of MLP is coming out this fall?? I'm so excited! *somewhat wishing I had cable just so I could watch them as they came out.*
Rosy
Cookie Dough

Liz'alike wrote:Has anyone else heard that the new season of MLP is coming out this fall?? I'm so excited! *somewhat wishing I had cable just so I could watch them as they came out.*
From what I heard, it's coming out in late December/January.. :( So long to wait..*sigh*
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

Do you have cable? Will you be able to watch them as they come out?? (whenever they do come out :?)
Rosy
Cookie Dough

Liz'alike wrote:Do you have cable? Will you be able to watch them as they come out?? (whenever they do come out :?)
Yes and no. We do have cable, but at 8:30 on Saturday, when the new episodes come out, we're typically either at the store, or getting ready to go to the store, so no time to watch them...=/ Sometimes we can watch them a few days after they come out, like on Monday or Tuesday, but most of the time we watch them on Youtube.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Hey, have any of you guys heard about the new Equestria girls show, with the humaniod ponies?
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

Ummmmm... No. What are you even talking about?
Rosy
Cookie Dough

It's actually a movie, coming out in June:
When a crown is stolen from the Crystal Empire, Twilight Sparkle pursues the thief into an alternate world where she transforms into a teenage girl who must survive her biggest challenge yet… high school. With help from her new friends who remind her of Ponyville’s Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy, she embarks upon a quest to find the crown and change the destiny of these two parallel worlds.
The basic design for the "ponies"
Don't be fooled, Twilight is the only real pony, the others are just copies. Twilight is the only one who changes worlds.

Trailer:
The Cutie Mark Crusaders are cute, but I don't know about the rest:
My one big turnoff for the film:
He seems to play a big part in it... I shudder to think that Twilight might get a boyfriend.
꿈. 희망. 전진.