My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!

Do you watch?

YES! It's the best show EVER!
19%
I enjoy it, along with many other "kids shows".
24%
Meh, it's ok I guess. I don't hate people who do watch it at least.
21%
The show is dumb. Why would you watch that?
23%
WORST SHOW EVER. DEATH TO ALL BRONIES!
13%

Total votes: 62

MnM
Raspberry Ripple

Belle, awww! That is ADORBS! :wacky:
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

I cried. I cannot even talk. (I didn't realize what a big fanboy I am.) That was on so many levels mind-blowing.
~ Walker in Dreams
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

This episode wrenched my heart out of my chest and wrung it out like a dishrag. ;_; I thought that some of the character development was a little jarring, but on the whole I really enjoyed it.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Good to have you, Novatom and MnM!
As for the episode... EEEyeeyoohooyesyeahwoo! They did it! They got them. And Tiara's song, and the Apple parents are thing. So Applebloom and AJ didn't spawn out of the dirt. Oh well, there goes that headcanon. Hooray for the CMC! It's always good when friends finally get what they worked for.
Last edited by Pound Foolish on Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
MnM
Raspberry Ripple

Yes! Thank you Pound Foolish!
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

I loved episode 18! Also, I busted a gut when I saw Diamond Tiara's face here:
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Bethany Shepard wrote:I loved episode 18! Also, I busted a gut when I saw Diamond Tiara's face here:
Me too! I love it when you can tell the animators are having fun drawing the faces. xD
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
MnM
Raspberry Ripple

I just wish all of the cutie marks weren't all the same colors. I get the whole club thing, but I wish they were different colors. :?
Rosy
Cookie Dough

So I watched Friendship Games and episode 18, and here are my thoughts:
Friendship Games: Pretty good. A bit typical, especially the end fight aka bad magic monster being taken down by good magic monster, but I enjoyed it. I really like Sunset Shimmer now that she's not just Twilight 2.0. But it does bring up some questions, where is human Sunset Shimmer? Will Flash ever fade into obscurity? He's been featured in each film less and less (not that I'm complaining). If magic is still something unheard of in the EG world, why do all of the Shadow Bolt students and principal except that it exists so calmly and quickly? If Twilight's supposed to be a model student why does she constantly break the rules regarding Spike? Why does it take Sunset so long to figure out why they "pony up" when it's obvious to views immediately? Anyways, I'm just complaining now. All in all it was pretty good, probably worth rewatching at some point.

Episode 18:
Okay, the CMC got their cutie marks and I really didn't cry at all. =P Then again I don't very often but whatever. Diamon Tiara.. where do I start? Her story line was very cliche, I mean, mean rich kid has mean rich parents who force them to be mean. I really wish there had been more build up to this development in previous episodes, because DT had a complete 180 in personality and it seemed really quickly done. That being said, the CMC got their cutie marks, which I am glad about, but it wasn't at all how I expected it to be with all the lead up to Sweetie Belle's talent in singing and Scootaloo's scooter talent. Buuut it was still really cutie and heartfelt.
Yeah, I know I said I wasn't all that interested in MLP anymore, but that doesn't mean I don't still like it as something to watch when I'm bored or avoiding responsibilities
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

I completely agree with you on episode 18, Rosy.
I'm also really sad that they're gonna make Diamond Tiara the good guy. I'm sick of every bad guys having a backstory where they're the victim. Can't bad guys just be bad?
-Nicolas Cage
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Agreed, Bethany. Especially when the do it the whole Maleficent way. You're not making villains more three dimensional. You're simply making the villain into a good guy, not a villain at all, and introducing a new one dimensional villain!

But anyway. What are we doing!? We have a finale to talk up!
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Whale. PF mentioned that no one posted about the finale, so I watched it and thought I'd talk about it.

So, I think the latter half of this season has had a lot of lessons that I've actually recently learned.

(Spoilers ahead)

Fluttershy learning that it's okay if she doesn't enjoy something her friends enjoy.

Twili learning that she doesn't need to be jealous when her friends do fun things without her.

But anywho, the finale. Wowza. It was quite intense, and I liked the flashbacks to all the different possible futures with old villains. It also resolved itself quite nicely, and I enjoyed it.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

So, has anyone else picked up on the fact that Starlight Glimmer is voiced by Kelly Sheridan?! My childhood is now complete. xD
-Nicolas Cage
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

I'm not familiar with Kelly Sherian from any- Oh, she's in Barbie movies. Well, that would explain it. The previews for those movies are shudder worthy.

She does a good job though, what's everyone's favorite pony voice actor?