My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!

Do you watch?

YES! It's the best show EVER!
19%
I enjoy it, along with many other "kids shows".
24%
Meh, it's ok I guess. I don't hate people who do watch it at least.
21%
The show is dumb. Why would you watch that?
23%
WORST SHOW EVER. DEATH TO ALL BRONIES!
13%

Total votes: 62

TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Pound Foolish wrote:Any other Baby Blues readers out there?
Image Image
That's a quite dashing Dash getup. Seems Rick and Jerry did their, ahem, research.
I love that. :lol: I'm sure they only knew it because they've seen it everywhere, though, obviously. ;)
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Rosy
Cookie Dough

So apparently the release date for Season 5 is now Spring 2015. :(

But have an incredibly vague "teaser trailer" and don't forget to look for the Friendship Rainbow Kingdom Playset and visit mylittlepony.com :
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

*groan* One expects that sort of thing. They announce a real early date, you go, "Yay! Wait, they are so going to move it back." They do, and you are betrayed.

That trailer is indeed the definition of vague, Rosy... in that it gave no information.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Not true! It told us that Twilight is totally unprepared for what's facing her now! It's totally informative! \:D/

And in other news, Pinkie Pie is going to be goofy this season. ;)
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

"Of course you can have another cupcake!”
I'm so excited! And I'm totes gonna buy a magical Friendship Rainbow Kingdom play set. \:D/

I really liked the last season. :) I'm excited for this one. HURRY UP!
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Rosy
Cookie Dough

Another "trailer" this time featuring Fluttershy. Expect the same amount of new information as the last.

꿈. 희망. 전진.
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Honestly, I'm okay with this, mostly because they're acknowledging all of the Mane Six with special trailers and I love the individualized aesthetics.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Sorry the top one isn't in a spoiler. When it's in one, it won't show.
Post your favorite pony fan art! Or don't, you have free will.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Rosy
Cookie Dough

Here are just a few I had available on my computer. If you want more, you can go through my pinterest board that has about 765 more. http://www.pinterest.com/underseasie/fr ... -is-magic/
꿈. 희망. 전진.
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

I'd like to take a moment briefly to ask that if you have art you'd like to share that isn't yours, please give the artist credit for their work, if at all possible. I know this isn't exactly a big-name forum where tons of people flock or anything, and no one here is taking credit for the art (which is a good thing!), but out of courtesy, please source whoever created that artwork; they worked hard on it, and recognition matters, even if it's on a small-name fan forum for a radio show.

That being said, this is one of the most adorable fanart pieces I've ever seen, done by tumblr user kittenpawprints. Behold, best pony!
-- Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:24 pm --

I'm reviving this thread to give a brief review of my latest acquisition:
I've been really impressed with the 4th Dimension Entertainment MLP plushies, and since Twilight, my favorite, was one of the first released, I was able to snag her off of Amazon for a slightly reduced price. (Pinkie Pie is also available, if anyone's interested; Fluttershy is up for pre-order on the 4DE website, and should be released in March.)

In short: I absolutely love her. This is the most show-accurate pony plush I've ever seen. Her mane and tail are perfect, her body is sturdy but still huggable and cute, and overall I'm really pleased. This was so worth twenty-five bucks, especially considering that it's a mass-produced product and the hand-crafted ones often go for hundreds of dollars on eBay.

I highly recommend these, and more are on the way.
Rosy
Cookie Dough

Sooo... is everyone ready for the real Season 5 trailer? Cause here you goooo:

Still no release date unfortunately, but I think it's safe to say Season 5 will be awesome. (Duh)

Any thoughts?

Also:
You can read the MLP comics on Scribd, which is basically Netflix for books. You can get a free trial too. They only have the main line, though, and none of the other series. I'm not trying to advertise or anything, I just thought some of you would like to know. ;)
꿈. 희망. 전진.
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

I'M SO EXCITED. I have a pretty good feeling that the premiere is going to be "what happens if we take 'all created equal' to its logical extreme", which excites me because PHILOSOPHIES YAAASS, and that shot of Twilight and Spike in front of the ruined library killed me.

I can't wait for Season 5!
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Why do you think that, Madame Carnivore? I love the idea, though.
I'm excited too! It's coming in spring, not winter! This looks so great so... Wait. "Complete the journey?" There were two or three more seasons scheduled, with no end yet planned, and now.

Is life worth living anymore? I'm having conflicted reactions here. :)
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Pound Foolish wrote:Why do you think that, Madame Carnivore? I love the idea, though.
The ponies all have equal-sign cutie marks, and further inspection of the trailer shows that the various little images behind that electric cage-thing look suspiciously like cutie marks. I think that the philosophy being espoused by the villain might be that "cutie marks = special talent, special talent = somepony is better than somepony else and is probably arrogant, special = bad, so equal = good". I suspect that all of the townsponies' cutie marks were taken—willfully or by force—and they were brainwashed into believing that all ponies should be equal across the board (the brainwashing theory considers the creepy smiles constantly plastered on their faces); I mean, just look at the establishing shot of the village, where the houses are spaced to look like an equal sign (except for the one on the end, which I suspect is the residence of the villain—who, it should be noted, is the only one with a vibrant-looking coat out of a town of muted, grayed tones).

And apparently, the merchandising has centered around the theme of "Cutie Mark Magic", so maybe that's going to be the season arc like Rainbow Power. Perhaps we'll also see the Cutie Mark Crusaders earn their cutie marks this season, or at least finally grasp the theory behind the process?
Rosy
Cookie Dough

Pound Foolish wrote:This looks so great so... Wait. "Complete the journey?" There were two or three more seasons scheduled, with no end yet planned, and now.

Is life worth living anymore? I'm having conflicted reactions here. :)
Don't worry, MLP is making Hasbro and DF wayyy to much money to end it anytime soon. It's currently scheduled to run until 2019. So unless tons of bronies and young children suddenly drop the show, I don't think there's anything to worry about.
Also, maybe completing the journey has something to do with Twilight's princessdom?
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

I may have just totally geeked out checking out the MLP toy aisle today at Target. They have so many cute products now, and I had to stop myself from buying a whole bunch of the stuffed ponies...
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Rosy
Cookie Dough

Have a second trailer that's sorta similar the the first, but still lacking the release date:
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

I'm looking forward to season 5. I'm hoping they do a second one to "Bats!" in this season. Maybe build Applejack and Fluttershy's friendships a little more.
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Rosy
Cookie Dough

Is everybody reaaaady?

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/03/05/wa ... 7140113bea

^Click here to watch an extended trailer at the end of which the RELEASE DATE IS CONFIRMED^
(It's a different format of video so I can't embed it here, sorry)

That's right everybody, April 4th! 30 days from now is Season 5!
꿈. 희망. 전진.
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

My prediction is coming true! \:D/

I'm really eager to see how they tackle this one. MLP hasn't really done all that much in the way of tackling different philosophies on friendships as opposed to simply defining what friendship is, so this seems like it'll be a really cool two-parter.