My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!

Do you watch?

YES! It's the best show EVER!
19%
I enjoy it, along with many other "kids shows".
24%
Meh, it's ok I guess. I don't hate people who do watch it at least.
21%
The show is dumb. Why would you watch that?
23%
WORST SHOW EVER. DEATH TO ALL BRONIES!
13%

Total votes: 62

Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Helios That sounds like some sort of compliment, but if so, what's with the evil smiley? Do you just feel obligated to sprinkle them about like rice?
Metal, you're a great person in my opinion. But you made a couple disparaging if harmless remarks about bronies and MLP. No big deal. So Rosy said that you did. Also no big deal. You're the parasprite at hand, it's not illogical for her to use you as an example. Though I can understand getting tired of it.

I have heard some of the brony stuff is rather, well, shall we say questionable, Metal. But that's actually small fraction of it. You just need to know where to look, most brony stuff is great. There's The Living Tombstone's stuff, for instance. it tends to be quite good. And then there's the Dr. Whooves adventures. A video series AND audio series where Dr. Whooves ( a fan spoof on you-know-who who grew out of a real character in MLP who looks like the Tenth Dr.) teams up with his "assistant" Derpy, and there's so many videos and comics about these ponies called Octavia and Vinel Scratch that they practically have their own spinoff series, and, well, just endless fun stuff.

Sure, some bronies get too obsessed. It's easy to do. But heck, almost everyone here is too obsessed with AIO. Obsessions are harmless and fun, as long as you keep up with your shcoolwork, your relationships, and God.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Actually, I was completely joking about making it my avatar..
Metal15 wrote:Lol, I forgot about me calling out death. Yes, that must have been a joke, 'cause I don't want people dead.
You want Justin Beiber dead....
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Metal15
Peanut Butter Cup

God's Girl wrote:Actually, I was completely joking about making it my avatar..
Metal15 wrote:Lol, I forgot about me calling out death. Yes, that must have been a joke, 'cause I don't want people dead.
That doesn't count.
I'm the leader of the KRE, the group dedicated to countering ERK the Emily-centered cult. Join either team, you'll have a blast.

My Youtube channel --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa8Nt7 ... ILthNNlUww

Feminism is cray.

FREEDOM!!!

Music FB page: https://www.facebook.com/louismusicdefinitelyofficial/
Helios
Butter Pecan

Yeah, Justin Bieber's not a person. :twisted:

Ma'am the Goddess Funny you should mention rice... *envision Helios walking through the rice paddies with a bucket in each hand, her long hair braided over each shoulder*

MOOOOOOOOOOOVING on...

I quoted the real words to that song. So it wasn't necessarily directed at you.

And I'm trying to sow little rice seeds of dark side everywhere... :twisted: SO YES!!! ON WITH THE :twisted:

BTW, anyone ever watched Batman: The Brave and the Bold? I could die over some of the totally cute guys they have in there... (yes, I know, they're animated!) :D But better than ponies...bleugh.. :P
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

Metal15 wrote:
God's Girl wrote:
That doesn't count.
Yeah, Justin isn't a person... he's a purple thing...

~~~~~~
I didn't really like "Maud Pie," because it was kinda slow. I did laugh at a few part, though. Like when Maud was reciting her poems. :lol:
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Bethany Shepard wrote: I didn't really like "Maud Pie," because it was kinda slow. I did laugh at a few part, though. Like when Maud was reciting her poems. :lol:
It was an interesting episode, but it was funny. xD

"Rock.
You are a rock.
You are grey.
Like a rock.
Which you are.
Rock."
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

Yeah!

Rocks.
These are my rocks.
Sediments make me sentimental.
Smooth and round.
Asleep in the ground.
And shades of brown and gray.
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Who else is excited!?
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

There is much I could say, but I am afraid words fail me.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMjnVeDP ... w-paq-2804[/youtube]
~ Walker in Dreams
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Are you sure PF isn't one of those guys? Because if not....
Renae
Fudge Marble
Location: ....I'll be in a different place every time you read this....

While at Bob Jones in South Carolina for nationals, my group of friends met some guys form Virginia. We thought they were very awesome peeps...until they pulled out their phones to take pictures and we noticed that too maannny of the guys had MLP phone cases. Call me crazy, call me wacko, call me loopy...my opinion of those guys totally sunk when they expressed their DEEP love for the show. Something about guys liking MLP just doesn't click in my brain. O.o O.o O.o
Renae: Faithful companion of Drama King, aka Jimmy Barclay.
Audrey
Cookies & Creme

Meh. I don't mind MLP or the people who love it, but for some reason, I can't bring myself to watch one episode. d=
An owl and a squirrel are sitting in a tree, watching a farmer go by. The owl turns to the squirrel and says nothing, because owls can't talk. The owl then eats the squirrel because it is a bird of prey.
Wakko
Pistachio

I'm the same way.
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

One of my top favorite Brony Songs.

~ Walker in Dreams
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Ooh, I like that one too, Arkan.

Why, Renae? It's not as if when a guy likes MLP, there's something wrong with us. We're just normal people who enjoy a TV show which was aimed at girls but appeals to all kinds of people. Just like girls watch Transformers. What's the difference?

I have this old friend who is active in our community, Christian, sophisticated, and enjoys talking philosophy. I just found out, much to my surprise, he's a brony.
Helios
Butter Pecan

I actually love Transformers...
Rosy
Cookie Dough

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeee!
Has anyone else seen the MLP season finale yet? I have and it was sounbelievablyastoundinglyawesomelyincredibly AMAZING!! To be honest, I didn't care for the villain...like, at all, but the rest of the episode totally made up for that.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Helios
Butter Pecan

MLP has a villain? O.o My stars! Who know ponies could be so evil??? *imagines the Loki version of a pony* :twisted:
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Helios wrote:MLP has a villain? O.o My stars! Who know ponies could be so evil??? *imagines the Loki version of a pony* :twisted:
MLP has multiple villains....what...did you think they just sat in their pony houses all day and did nothing? O_o

My favorite "villain" would really have to be Discord. His humor is hilarious, and
he learns a few things along the way. :) Friendship is magic, after all.
Rosy
Cookie Dough

Helios wrote:*imagines the Loki version of a pony* :twisted:
No need to imagine, there are plenty of pictures already. ;)
Last, but not least, we have a loki-looking pony from the official MLP comics:
꿈. 희망. 전진.