Arkán’s Wacky Crime of the Day

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

Hah. The last one was amusing. Perhaps the purse had peanuts in it? =P

I can't imagine what I'd do if an elephant ate my handbag, though. o_O I keep a CD player, at least six CDs, and my iPod in it. Along with a miniature notebook and pencil set for sketching and writing. I'd probably die if all that were eaten. =P (Not to mention whenever I actually have money. *Cough* )
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

#XLVIII It’s not what you say, it’s how you say it. In Rochester, New York, Janice Manton was seen leaving a jewelry store holdup where nine rings had been stolen at gunpoint.
She was overtaken driving to Henrietta. Police searched the car, uncovered a gun, but no rings. They tried to question her.
She replied by pressing her lips together.
Finally, she mumbled that she wanted to see her lawyer.
Mumbling was her goof.
Police found the nine rings in her mouth.
~ Walker in Dreams
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

...Wow. Smooth, lady. Nothing like risking swallowing stolen goods to keep from getting caught. :roll:

Tis amusing, though. Sounds like something that would be in a Scooby Doo cartoon. Heh heh.

Oh, and my last response made 100 posts in this topic, Arkán. (:
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

#XLIX Desert Raiders. In Arizona cactus rustling became so common that the plant had to be protected by law.
Yet the thievery continues. In one case, a 19-foot saguaro cactus was stolen in Quartzite. Wanted posters of the plant were nailed up along the state border.
A tipster spotted the cactus on sale in a Nevada nursery for $15,000. The elderly couple from whom it was stolen picked it out of a police lineup. The thieves were then caught and convicted.
Last edited by Arkán Dreamwalker on Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ Walker in Dreams
Connie_Kendall
Peanut Butter Cup

Wow... $15,000.. for a cactus?? :lol:
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

#L Try it, you’ll like it. A gang in India had thievery down to a tea.
The Gang mingled with regular tea sellers on the platform of the Kalyan railroad station and sold passengers tea laced with knockout drops.
As the train pulled out, members of the gang climbed aboard. As soon as their victims fell asleep, they relieved them of their cash and valuables and hopped off at the next stop.
~ Walker in Dreams
yelsew
Fudge Marble
Location: Some "Grand" state. near "Arizona's Christmas City".

Ha! Some people...
That would stink for the passengers if they needed to get off at the next stop... But I guess it would really stink if they missed there stop and lost all the money they had on them!
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

#LI Bedside manner. An undertaker in Kuala Lampur, Malaysia, was fined the equivalent of $12 for entering a hospital without permission and selling coffins to the patients.
~ Walker in Dreams
yelsew
Fudge Marble

:O hehe that's terrible! Bahaha
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

We are now moving on from Wacky Crimes to the second segment,
Dumbo Desperados

#LII No way out. In Coventry, England, a clothing store burglar seeking a fast getaway went bananas running into one fake exit after another. All led to a brick wall.
After trying 12 dummy doors, which were background scenery for a fashion display, he climbed a staircase, lost his footing, and knocked himself out.
~ Walker in Dreams
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

Hah. xD That's hilarious. And quite strange... What kind of clothing store has dummy doors? Hmm. Oh well. It was a good turn out for them either way.
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

#LIII Doughnut unto others. In Frankfort, Kentucky, a Brinks guard carried a bag of money from a supermarket and put it in his armored truck. Feeling hunger pangs, he went back and bought a bag of doughnuts.
As he approached his truck, two armed thugs knocked him down. The birdbrains grabbed the bag of doughnuts and, believing themselves rich, escaped by car.
~ Walker in Dreams
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

O.o That's hilarious! I wonder what they thought when they found out...
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

#LIV Money to burn. A gang of safe crackers called itself the Japanese Ninja, after the Japanese assassins of feudal days.
The Ninjas operated in California in the 1980s with burning failure. In three robberies in a row, they used blowtorches to open safes, frying to ashes the money inside.
~ Walker in Dreams
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

Ahaha, wow. Smooth, men... (Is it sad that I feel like I would show them how it's done, even though I'm not a thief? =p ) That's hilarious.
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

#LV Role Playing. Time caught up with a pair of house burglars in São Paulo, Brazil.
They were so old that one burglar, Pedro de Rosas, 74, couldn’t hear his partner, Juan Alves, 73, scream that the police were coming.
“They should have known better,” said police inspector Osvaldo da Silva. “I think they wanted to relive the good old days. But Alves, who doesn’t hear well, was still busy stealing when we arrived.”
De Rosas made an effort to run for it, but his varicose veins held him to a fast shuffle.
~ Walker in Dreams
yelsew
Fudge Marble

Bahaha. I totally pictured the doctor off of despicable me on his scooter thing. Being chased by police officers. :P
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

#LVI Photo finish. It wasn’t so much the crudeness of the phony notes that irked the judge in Nairobi, Kenya. It was the picture.
The counterfeiter, Whythe Ngugi, said he saw nothing wrong with printing his own picture on the 100-shilling note, worth $7.70. His bearded portrait replaced that of President Moi in the center of the bill.
The self-centered Ngugi pondered the high price of vanity behind bars.

-- Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:13 pm --

#LVII Doesn’t everyone save receipts? Harry Lyle picked up a hitchhiker outside Bismarck, North Dakota. The hitchhiker drew a gun, took $60 from Lyle, and asked for a receipt. When the police tracked him down, he still had the receipt in his pocket.
~ Walker in Dreams
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

That is soooo funny!!
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. Q&A thread HERE. "SHNOOD IS THE OLDBIE NEWBIE AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THAT TITLE" - Belle
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

#LVIII That’s the way the ice floes. On a freezing day in January, three girls, all 16 years old, mugged a woman on the northern tip of Manhattan Island. They took her purse and chose a tricky escape route along the ice-clogged shore.
All at once they found themselves drifting away on a hunk of ice about six feet square. They floated north on the Hudson River for an hour until rescued by a police helicopter.
“They didn’t say much of anything,” said the pilot, Robert Hegel. “They were glad to get off even if it meant getting locked up.”
~ Walker in Dreams