Anyone play Nitro Type?

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
snubs
Cookies & Creme

Anyone play Nitro Type?

Over the last few days, I got back into playing Nitro Type. Has anyone here played it? It is fun to practice typing while also making a game of it. \:D/

Anywho, I finally got my rank high enough to form a team! Called Odyssey Coyotes [AIO87]. Naturally, I made it Odyssey-centric. 8-) So, if any of you wanna play and brush up on your typing, join my team! Use your SS/ToO name or use a name related to AIO! or not! \:D/ My username is Odyssey105. :)

Just do it! :boohoo: and start winning, dagnabit! :x

>> CLICK HERE TO JOIN! <<

I even made a fancy team logo. \:D/
Users on Nitro Type:
asmouseinthehouse - ASmouseInTheHouse
james_g_91 - Bob
eugene_meltsner - Eugene
polehaus53 - Polehaus53
Odyssey105 - snubs
Sundae Vinyls - snubs (alt account)

ProTip: If you are a level 7 or higher you can change/update your display name. Duplicate names are allowed (it's your profile link that has to be different than other racers.)
Last edited by snubs on Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Bob
Caramel Crunch

I signed up a few minutes ago and applied. It looks to be an interesting experience. I figured before that I was 1) a pretty quick typist by most people's standards, 2) not the fastest typist in the world, and 3) somebody who gets nervous and feels the blood start pumping when he's in a competition. The site has reaffirmed all three of those points.

My first real race, I was apparently up against some swift racers and bots, and choked. The second one, I won without much difficulty (but plenty of angst).

Maybe this will help me get over my anxiety from facing pressure (both time pressure and competitive pressure). I could also type faster than I do now, or at least hit my typing speed peak more often, so we'll see if this helps improve that.
A classic never goes out of style.
snubs
Cookies & Creme

YAY, BOB!! This is awesome! \:D/

My jaw dropped looking at your insane typing speed! Woweee O.o I'm hoping my will increase if I'm consistent. But I stayed in the 40 wpm range FOREVER. *falls over* So we will see how that goes. ;-;

Oh, and I totally get the stress and under pressure feeling. Especially when I start freezing up on words. Have you played against the Wampas yet? That will add some extra pressure. xD You get a bonus $50K if you beat him. I ALWAYS mess up the most when I'm racing the Wampas. :x
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
ToO Chatroom | Odyssey Moments | The Town of Odyssey
ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

I tried this game for the first time yesterday. It reminded me of an old typing computer game we used to play. It's a lot of fun! Though there is a lot more pressure. :anxious:

I'm definitely not as fast as Bob! :wacky: I just got a new laptop, so I'm still getting used to the new keyboard size. For me it's the random difficulty of the words that make this game tricky. If it's a word I've never typed or rarely type, I have to slow down, even though the correct spelling is right in front of me!

Anyway, here's to the victory of the Odyssey Coyotes! :clap:
"Next up, Mark Morgan's message to all math maniacs in the middle school is meaningful if you mingle by the mezzanine for a momentous mix of methodological mayhem and a menagerie of multiplicative inversions. Ha ha ha! I bet I could say this backwards. Inversions multiplicative of menagerie a and mayhem methodological..."
snubs
Cookies & Creme

ASmouseInTheHouse wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:23 am
I tried this game for the first time yesterday. It reminded me of an old typing computer game we used to play. It's a lot of fun! Though there is a lot more pressure. :anxious:

I'm definitely not as fast as Bob! :wacky: I just got a new laptop, so I'm still getting used to the new keyboard size. For me it's the random difficulty of the words that make this game tricky. If it's a word I've never typed or rarely type, I have to slow down, even though the correct spelling is right in front of me!

Anyway, here's to the victory of the Odyssey Coyotes! :clap:
Hey! Welcome! I'm loving the AIO names/references on the team. \:D/
It is really fun! xD And I also get stuck/slow on words I don't normally type on the day-to-day.

Currently, Bob is the fastest on the team! ..by a lot. xD But you are not too far behind. =O
Bob
Caramel Crunch

The honeymoon period's definitely over. ;) I had a major rough patch today that tore up my WPM and accuracy averages (comparatively) and set new record lows. Some days you're just not as hot as other days, and this looks to have been one of those. I felt it was important to stick around and keep at it for a while, though. Hopefully I built character, if not my stats. At least I got some XP and fake money out of it.
snubs
Cookies & Creme

Bob wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:26 pm
At least I got some XP and fake money out of it.
Fake money is the best! XD \:D/ You are still insanely fast compared to me. :p
Bob
Caramel Crunch

Is there a stylish conservative-looking car that you can paint dark green? It looks like most of the Blitzes only have custom headlights. Grey is gorgeous, but I was winning with green. ;-)
snubs
Cookies & Creme

Haha, I don't know. But I do know if you want to change the color, you typically have to get a car that is /not/ black or grey if you plan on changing the color.
Bob
Caramel Crunch

I went through and changed some of the colors of vehicles to ones that I think are better-suited, but I have to admit I haven't actually used many of them yet. Now that I'm back on my Chromebook, though, it might be easier to work up the nerve.

Not incidentally, I've found that the built-in keyboard on my Chromebook helps me get notably better scores than the external keyboard I had been using. I'm glad that the keyboard is a winner, on the one hand, but I am disappointed because it means that if I want optimal typing speed I'll either have to 1) use the laptop screen instead of my external monitor, or 2) buy a new external keyboard. If anyone has any recommendations, let me know. I may start a new thread. My Chromebook is a HP 15-inch de0015nr, so a keyboard that's at least as responsive as that one would be required.