Re-releasing Last Chance Detectives Book Series?!

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

Re-releasing Last Chance Detectives Book Series?!

Okay, so I just found out about this and I would like to hear everyone's thoughts.

As we all know, the Last Chance Detectives series consists of three movies: “Mystery Lights of Navajo Mesa”, “Legend of the Desert Bigfoot”, and “Escape from Fire Lake”. These movies were adapted into a book series with the same titles as the movies. There was also a fourth book which came out later called “Canyon Quest”; a prequel telling the story of how the team was formed. This book is available to read on the Adventures in Odyssey Club, but none of the others are.

Now, as far as I can tell, the books have been out of print. I cannot seem to find any these books being sold as new by any major sellers. While the Focus on the Family Store does have Last Chance Detectives, it only sells the movies and does not include the books.

I have always been intrigued by the book series. But now it seems as though this books series is being re-released! I was recently searching Christianbook.com for something, when I stumbled onto Focus on the Family’s pre-order page and found one of the books in the series for pre-order! I was surprised to see this, but then I found the entire book series available for pre-order! It looks like Focus on the Family is going to be re-releasing this series! The books are all re-numbered, have new artwork, and have a new logo.

Now here’s the interesting part. Upon further searching, I found that not only are they releasing all four books in the series, but also an entirely new book! Terror from Outer Space, an entirely new title which is not in the original series. The whole series is available for pre-order on Amazon and CBD and will be released on October 5, 2021.
(Someone should probably update the AIOWiki page with this information. :yes: )

I just thought this was interesting information I thought I'd share with everyone. I’m not sure if this news has already been out or officially confirmed anywhere, but it looks like it is going to be happening. Has anyone read the book series? What does everyone think about the series being re-released? What about this new book? Let’s discuss!
-Signed, PolehausFifty-three

Member of The Emily Rules Klub (est. 2012)

“We have it translated in every language: (กฎของเอมิลี่, Emily es la mejor, 艾米莉规则, Emily Quy tắc!, エミリーは最高です, emilyyay ulesray!, Эмили Правила!, Emily é a melhor, एमिली नियम!, Emily est la meilleure!, إميلي هي الأفضل!, Emily Kuralları!, אמילי שולטת!, Emily Regeln!, 에밀리 담당!, Si Emily ang pinakamahusay!, എമിലി രാജ്ഞിയാണ്!, એમિલી નિયમો!) that Emily RULES!”~The E.R.K.