Wait... a doorknob???

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Wait... a doorknob???

*falls out of the closet*

oH. Hello.
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

This title is an actually interesting picture... I really respect you for coming out and admitting how you feel. I pray God will guide you as you go through this new period of life. Does your family or parents know?

Just a side note, here at college some of my favorite/and coolest female friends are gay. Friendships like these are so interesting and can be fun pure platonicness I think. I hope you find the same!
xo eht haiasi-
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Thank you for being understanding! I appreciate everyone's perspective on this! Yes, most of my family knows. I haven't told a couple of younger siblings, wanting to respect my parents' view on the subject, but my family at home mostly knows, and so does a bit of my extended family. It's really caused the most drama between my parents and I. There was a lot of misunderstanding and negative assumptions we had to work through, but it has gotten better. I can really see a lot where everyone is coming from with their opinions and interpretations of scripture, so it's difficult to know which is right. I honestly don't have a strong opinion on it yet. Regardless, there are also a ton of misunderstandings within the Christian community about what being gay is actually like, so if anyone has questions is or wants to add their opinion, I'm up for it.
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

I'm proud of you for being open and honest with sharing your sexuality! That takes a lot of courage, especially with the condescension that the Christian community gives. I think frequently, they believe it's a choice.
As of right know, how do you view it through scripture and how do you see the Christian community misunderstanding it?
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Oi.. That's something quite interesting to share here. My brother is gay. I don't not get a long with him because he is gay but for other reasons but that's a minor issue. Just don't drop the bomb in a hard way, and I know your parents will love you even if its hard for them. Take care and be safe.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
djchatswithu
Cookies & Creme

We are all made in God's image and I believe that there is a reason behind every event in each day of our lives that God has worked out. Even though the bible says that a relationship is between a man and a woman, I'm pretty sure that god wants us to support everyone in the decisions that they make. I personally have nothing against the gay community, in fact, a few of my favorite show's star gay actors, or star an actor who plays a character who is gay.
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

Welcome to the club! There's a ton of us around - more than you think. ;)
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. Q&A thread HERE. "SHNOOD IS THE OLDBIE NEWBIE AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THAT TITLE" - Belle