My statements about this AIO forum and things related to it

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
AioFan7
Strawberry

My statements about this AIO forum and things related to it

Wasn't sure how to title this. In case you didn't notice, it's been months since I've come here. Why am I inactive? I honestly don't see any point in saying anything here. Or on the ToO forums for that matter. I've been kicked off of both AIO chats. I honestly don't find anything worthwhile talking about here. I was banned for some good reasons. Though I haven't change my beliefs. I handled things in a non-Christ-like manner. That I admit. I've thought a lot about these forums and the chatrooms and so forth. When I joined these forums, I expected a nice place to hang out with like-minded believers. After coming here, I was shocked and disgusted with what I saw. Mature subjects, occultic stuff such as avatars and conversations uplifting it, and many other things. On the ICR Aio chat, I found out that most people aren't like-minded. This truly surprised me. It was more like a "AIO chatroom and in name only." Sure. AIO was talked about. Less on there than on here. Let me be blunt for once. Harry Potter is occultic. D&D is occultic. I am totally against the occult. For those of you who have blasted me for saying this in the past, let me deal with both of these demonic activities separately. Harry Potter is a tool that is used by occultists to lure people into the occult. If the Chronicles of Narnia is doing this, then I will say that that is very sad. Now I don't care how moralistic Harry Potter is. It is filled with wizards and magical stuff. 2 kids once put hexes and other demonic symbols over other people's property after seeing the movie. Anything causing people to do that is what I call occultic. Now if a guy known as Blitz on AIO chat reads this, I want to just tell him I have thought about his argument on magic. I believe magic is bad. Now fictional magic that is totally separated from anything demonic I believe is fine. As long as it is made clear. The Chronicles of Narnia magic is fictional. I think that C.S Lewis made a mistake when deciding to use Greek mythology and stuff in his books. He could have been ignorant of it and never thought much about it. For example, Charles Spurgeon smoked and wasn't aware of anything bad about it. C.S Lewis could have been in the same boat. Now I don't care if Harry Potter was written by a "Christian." The author uses occultic symbols. And there are a lot of "Christians" who aren't Christians at all. And dare I say it, I think most people on here might be phony/false Christians.

D&D is also demonic. I did research on it. Now I don't care if you can make it do whatever you want it to be. The ability to be whatever you want to be and so forth in and of itself not right or biblical. (Referring specifically to the neutral, evil, or good sides you can choose from.)

I wanted to expound on the occult as my main things because a lot of things spring up from it. Catholicism is powered and run through demonic powers, (to all Catholics reading this, you need to read your Bibles! Start in the Gospel of John as a start. Catholicism is NOT Christianity. I repeat, Catholicism is NOT Christianity! Read your Bibles to find out more about this.)

The demonic forces are behind most entertainment. The most popular stuff usually is the worst. (From my experience.)

The occult makes me sick. I don't want anything to do with it. Everyone on this forum needs to quit following the crowd. The apostate church. We are to be transformed by the renewing of our minds.

Message to Mods and Admins:

Before making a judgement on this post, please read this.

I've talked with mods before and I have been quite surprised with what they have said. I have learned a lot from the verse that says, "Speak the truth in love." For starters, I love catholics. I don't want them to go to Hell. Yes, I know I was a bit abrupt, (and I have done this kind of thing before) but how else am I supposed to say it? I honestly don't really care if I'm banned or not. I do have better things to spend my time doing. Mods, look to the Bible. And use the KJV. The KJV is the truly inspired Word of God. I pray God's mercy on all of you. Many of you are blind and won't change your minds because you have shut the truth out. This may be my last post. IDK. It depends on where God leads me. Before you make a final judgement if you decide to take action, I request but 1 thing. Check my actions with the Bible. If you can show me in the Bible where my behavior is wrong, I will look at it. And don't just throw out a verse. Read the context.

Message to "atheists:"

Dear atheists, what are you doing here? What business do you have here unless you have an agenda? I'm not saying you do, but some of you might. You know evolution is a lie. Use common sense. Use logic. I myself look at things and wonder how people can possibly thing things evolved. Scientifically, evolution is impossible. Use your God-given common sense! And yes, I said God given. I take back to what I said to 1 atheist in particular. I don't think all atheists hate God anymore. I used quotes because there is no such thing as an honest atheist. Everyone knows God exists. People cover it up. But hate to disappoint you, you can't cover it up. Not to those who read their Bibles. I pray for each atheist that he/she will come back to the truth. Until that time (if it happens) I suggest you stay clear of young impressionable kids. I haven't been fooled. You have. If you wanna debate on that, just PM me.

Message to #AIO chat members and mods and admins:

I deeply apologize for my behavior prior to be being banned from the chat. It was wrong. I admit it. My behavior I apologize for. But I don't apologize for my beliefs. I believe the Bible. I don't buy into everything I hear. If any of you want to let me back in, that's fine. But I honestly don't care much to come back. I would like to be there for the sake of chatting with certain people. I would like to apologize to everyone on there. Yes, I don't know everything either. And I am still learning. Please forgive me.

Sincerely,

AioFan7 (Aka CGM_Games, Christian Game Maker)
13:16 Numbers of Hope
The Way of the Cross leads home!
Below are websites that I own:
https://theadventuresofsupermikegame.weebly.com

https://platformbuilderfansite.weebly.com/
I love the Christian audio drama Kids Corner! Check it out here: http://odysseyscoop.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3479
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Let me be blunt for once.
For once?
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

TLDR: I'm saying I'm sorry but I'm actually not, you're wrong, I'm right, end of discussion.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

...Wow, what have I missed?

Couple of things:

I'm sure you've heard countless rebuttals to your point about occultic entertainment, so I won't waste your time or mine making one here. And frankly, that's not the point, at the end of the day.

Because if you think Harry Potter and D&D are occultic and you choose not to engage with them, I think that's perfectly okay. The issue isn't your stance on a kids' book or a role-playing game; the issue is the way you're presenting that stance. Throughout this post (and other posts I've seen, though admittedly from a cursory glance), I'm noticing that on a consistent basis, you're coming at these discussions from the perspective that people are defending their enjoyment of these things not because they are brothers and sisters in Christ who happen to have a different opinion, but because they're being deceived by the devil and just don't want a True Believer spoiling their fun. And that's not a healthy or productive way to engage people. You're being reactionary because people disagree with you, and you seem to be assuming that they must doing so for some dark, nefarious purpose rather than that they are able to enjoy the things that they do with a clear, Spirit-filled conscience.

Sometimes there are Christians who are legitimately doing something wrong and make excuses because they don't want to be called out on it. But on issues like this—about what fiction you enjoy—there's a lot of gray area and room for interpretation. In Christ we are free—not to sin, certainly, but we are in fact allowed to just like things. You are not allowing for anyone to just eat the meat that's been offered to idols; you're demanding that they throw it away and mold their entire lives around your beliefs because you think it's wrong. It's a viewpoint that seems rooted less in brotherly love and more in entitlement.

And you then add speculation that people whose views do not align with yours are "phony/false Christians".

That is an exceptionally arrogant statement to make, and a completely inappropriate one for a Christian to be making toward people on the Internet whom he or she has never even met in person. I don't know how old you are, but I'd hazard a guess at "well under 18", given that you posted in the 2020 thread that you aren't old enough to vote because you're 'just a kid'. I would never discount the capability of young people to be intelligent and insightful, but you simply do not have enough intellectual or spiritual maturity to be making statements like that. I don't have enough intellectual or spiritual maturity to be making statements like that. You're not an adult, and you don't have the equivalent life experience of one.

We are not talking about some kind of political party or elite social club—we are talking about the state of a person's eternal soul, and more importantly their relationship with the omnipotent God of the universe who had the compassion and love to look at us in our wretchedness and send His beloved Son to be slaughtered for us to be reconciled with Him again. That is never something that should be dealt with lightly, especially in the context of a discussion about what books you like to read.

That is why people are angry with you—they are not perceiving that you are arguing from a humble and compassionate place. They are convinced, with good reason, that you do not regard them as human beings whose perspective is on an equal level of value to your own.

The people on this board represent a diverse spectrum of ways to live out the Christian faith. Some of them I personally agree with most of the time, others I don't. But I've never been able to convince people to agree with me through paternalistic claims of moral superiority. (Believe me, I've tried. I was—and regrettably still am, sometimes—an arrogant little twerp with pretty words and delusions of grandeur.) Give the people here some credit. Yours is not the first claim questioning their faith over minutia; I can only speak for myself, but I've wrestled with culture war questions like this before too. I still do. But it's the willingness to admit that you don't have all the answers and think critically about what other people have to say that will actually resolve this issue.

And you won't be able to get to that mindset until you stop looking at the individual humans on this board as an inhuman group of hypocrites and liars.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
MonkeyDude
Cookies & Creme

TigerShadow wrote:...Wow, what have I missed?

Couple of things:

I'm sure you've heard countless rebuttals to your point about occultic entertainment, so I won't waste your time or mine making one here. And frankly, that's not the point, at the end of the day.

Because if you think Harry Potter and D&D are occultic and you choose not to engage with them, I think that's perfectly okay. The issue isn't your stance on a kids' book or a role-playing game; the issue is the way you're presenting that stance. Throughout this post (and other posts I've seen, though admittedly from a cursory glance), I'm noticing that on a consistent basis, you're coming at these discussions from the perspective that people are defending their enjoyment of these things not because they are brothers and sisters in Christ who happen to have a different opinion, but because they're being deceived by the devil and just don't want a True Believer spoiling their fun. And that's not a healthy or productive way to engage people. You're being reactionary because people disagree with you, and you seem to be assuming that they must doing so for some dark, nefarious purpose rather than that they are able to enjoy the things that they do with a clear, Spirit-filled conscience.

Sometimes there are Christians who are legitimately doing something wrong and make excuses because they don't want to be called out on it. But on issues like this—about what fiction you enjoy—there's a lot of gray area and room for interpretation. In Christ we are free—not to sin, certainly, but we are in fact allowed to just like things. You are not allowing for anyone to just eat the meat that's been offered to idols; you're demanding that they throw it away and mold their entire lives around your beliefs because you think it's wrong. It's a viewpoint that seems rooted less in brotherly love and more in entitlement.

And you then add speculation that people whose views do not align with yours are "phony/false Christians".

That is an exceptionally arrogant statement to make, and a completely inappropriate one for a Christian to be making toward people on the Internet whom he or she has never even met in person. I don't know how old you are, but I'd hazard a guess at "well under 18", given that you posted in the 2020 thread that you aren't old enough to vote because you're 'just a kid'. I would never discount the capability of young people to be intelligent and insightful, but you simply do not have enough intellectual or spiritual maturity to be making statements like that. I don't have enough intellectual or spiritual maturity to be making statements like that. You're not an adult, and you don't have the equivalent life experience of one.

We are not talking about some kind of political party or elite social club—we are talking about the state of a person's eternal soul, and more importantly their relationship with the omnipotent God of the universe who had the compassion and love to look at us in our wretchedness and send His beloved Son to be slaughtered for us to be reconciled with Him again. That is never something that should be dealt with lightly, especially in the context of a discussion about what books you like to read.

That is why people are angry with you—they are not perceiving that you are arguing from a humble and compassionate place. They are convinced, with good reason, that you do not regard them as human beings whose perspective is on an equal level of value to your own.

The people on this board represent a diverse spectrum of ways to live out the Christian faith. Some of them I personally agree with most of the time, others I don't. But I've never been able to convince people to agree with me through paternalistic claims of moral superiority. (Believe me, I've tried. I was—and regrettably still am, sometimes—an arrogant little twerp with pretty words and delusions of grandeur.) Give the people here some credit. Yours is not the first claim questioning their faith over minutia; I can only speak for myself, but I've wrestled with culture war questions like this before too. I still do. But it's the willingness to admit that you don't have all the answers and think critically about what other people have to say that will actually resolve this issue.

And you won't be able to get to that mindset until you stop looking at the individual humans on this board as an inhuman group of hypocrites and liars.
Woah. Really well said.
*Finger guns aggressively*
AioFan7
Strawberry

Belle wrote:TLDR: I'm saying I'm sorry but I'm actually not, you're wrong, I'm right, end of discussion.
In response to Belle, I am sorry for my behavior. I am sorry for that. But I'm not sorry for my beliefs. I may be handling things wrong, and if so, that is what I am sorry for.
TigerShadow wrote:...Wow, what have I missed?

Couple of things:

In response to TigerShadow, boy. You're statement is very well put.

Regarding D&D and HP, I believe that any Christian who participates in things like this have a very low understanding about how seriously God takes the occult. And you made a statement stating:
"And you then add speculation that people whose views do not align with yours are "phony/false Christians"."

For starters, It's not people who don't agree with me. It's people who claim to be Christians who go against what the Bible says. Jesus said that those who love Him will keep His commandments. We have been commanded to not have anything occultic. Compare HP and D&D with the Bible. Show me where I'm wrong, and correct me. If I am not handling this in the wrong way, then tell me how I am. I don't want to behave in a wrong manner. Show me how my behavior is un-biblical, then with God's help, I will fix that. Now, show me in the Bible where I'm wrong.

I love the Christian audio drama Kids Corner! Check it out here: http://odysseyscoop.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3479
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

AioFan7 wrote:For starters, It's not people who don't agree with me.
Nah, it's that we don't agree with you.
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
AioFan7
Strawberry

You're missing what I said after that WD.

Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

No, I read it all. We disagree with you about what the Bible says. You are not infallible so you can't just declare what the Bible says and how Christ wants us to live. People on here come from a variety of different traditions & denominations so there will be disagreements, most of us have learned how to disagree respectfully.

AioFan7
Strawberry

2 Peter 1:20 says:
"Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation."
-KJV 1611

-- Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:36 pm --

So Jesus was just supposed to disagree and live in peace with the religious leaders and not confront them?

Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

So you are infallible? You already have the Bible figured out and there's no chance you're in error?

Edit: ....are you Jesus?

AioFan7
Strawberry

I'm not infallible. But I've studied out the Bible. And lining up the evidence, and rightly dividing the Word of Truth, it shows me that those things are demonic.

"If you own a Harry Potter book, BURN IT! You don't need that trash lying around your house."
-Reg Kelly

Reg Kelly is a trusted friend of mine. I suggest you listen to some of his sermons on these kinds of things.

If I am wrong, then SHOW ME in the Bible where I'm wrong.

Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

It sounds like you're just listening to Reg Kelly. I've listened to some of his sermons, I wasn't impressed so I don't think I'll spend more time listening to his teachings.

If you're not infallible then this is your, or Reg Kelly's, opinion so we are disagreeing with you cause you could be wrong. I'm willing to admit I could be wrong, I used to be wrong cause I used to believe like you that Harry Potter was demonic and we shouldn't read it.

AioFan7
Strawberry

Sometimes I wonder why I'm here.

-- Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:47 pm --

Like at this very moment.

-- Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:48 pm --

Do 1 thing. Show me in the Bible where I am wrong.

Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I'm just saying, you're not infallible. You're young, maybe admit you might not have it all figured out right now.

AioFan7
Strawberry

Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

We all have different opinions here and yours is one of them, if you don't have it all figured out and still need to learn then maybe listen & talk respectfully to others on this board.

AioFan7
Strawberry

There is a difference between an opinion, and truth.

Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

We circle back to what is truth and whether you are the final decider on what truth is. If you are not, if you're not infallible, then you're stating your opinion as to what is true. We agree on some truths, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved, that God has a plan for our lives and how we should live. We just disagree on the specifics, unless you claim infallibility we are not disagreeing with God we are disagreeing with you.

AioFan7
Strawberry

I am not perfect. BTW, did you see that screenshot I sent you? And are you ever going to use scripture to back up your beliefs? If not, I will continue to assume that you are avoiding that.