Nationalities

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

I have some German blood in me, but I am not sure of anything else.
Proud K.R.E Member
hipster_
Strawberry

Mickey wrote:I have some German blood in me, but I am not sure of anything else.
That's cool! Well, do you know what nationalities your parents are?
I would rather have 4 quarters then 100 pennies...Be careful that you choose valuable friends.
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

I've never been to Korea before, actually. Maybe someday.
hipster_
Strawberry

SirWhit wrote:I've never been to Korea before, actually. Maybe someday.
Really? Yeah..that would be cool!
I would rather have 4 quarters then 100 pennies...Be careful that you choose valuable friends.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

hipster_ wrote:I'm assuming you had some tests done or something? Your Finnish is very precise! Lol :D
My mom has done a lot of research, and my grandfather is 100% Finnish.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
hipster_
Strawberry

Belle wrote:
hipster_ wrote:I'm assuming you had some tests done or something? Your Finnish is very precise! Lol :D
My mom has done a lot of research, and my grandfather is 100% Finnish.
Oh okay, wow. That's cool
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

I am white. Very white. My dancing abilities are evident of that fact.

My dad's side is very English and French.
My moms side is VERY German with a touch of Native American. #strongcheekbones
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Baron von Odyssey
Cookies & Creme

Well, I'm Canadian (although you guys probably knew that already) but I also include a dash each of German, French, Italian, Scottish, Polish, Belgian, Brazilian, and Native American. (It's so fun having so many backgrounds ;) )
"Greetings. Name's Baron Von Odyssey. My card."
(Card: [Baron von Odyssey - writer, book lover, fairytale enthusiast, and AIO fan])
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My posts are awesome! You wanna know why?
BECAUSE I'M BATMAN!!
Kathy0
Cookies & Creme

I am 1/4 Italian, Irish, Norwegian, Scottish and so on... I am related to John Alden who was on the Mayflower. And its not really distant either! That's as far back as you can go. My grandpa on my dad's side was an interpreter in WWII. My Great Grandma and Grandpa on my mom's side sailed over here from Italy. My Grandpa on my mom's side is 100% Italian.
Autumnal
Chocolate Chip

I was born in China (in the Guangxi area) and was adopted into a Scottish family. My mom did a DNA test on 23 And Me and I'm apparently 99.8% Native American-Alaskan.

I just say I'm Chinese. It's easier that way.
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Bethany Shepard wrote:I am white. Very white. My dancing abilities are evident of that fact.
Pshaw, everyone can dance!
Baron von Odyssey wrote:Well, I'm Canadian (although you guys probably knew that already) but I also include a dash each of German, French, Italian, Scottish, Polish, Belgian, Brazilian, and Native American. (It's so fun having so many backgrounds ;) )
That's chill Baron, your ancestors must have moved around a bit! :)
Kathy0 wrote:I am 1/4 Italian, Irish, Norwegian, Scottish and so on... I am related to John Alden who was on the Mayflower. And its not really distant either! That's as far back as you can go. My grandpa on my dad's side was an interpreter in WWII. My Great Grandma and Grandpa on my mom's side sailed over here from Italy. My Grandpa on my mom's side is 100% Italian.
Ooh, goodness that's amazing. I'm guessing you eat Italian a lot? Just joking. ;) I just found out my grandfather fought in WWII as well. He was in the Army.
Autumnal wrote:I was born in China (in the Guangxi area) and was adopted into a Scottish family. My mom did a DNA test on 23 And Me and I'm apparently 99.8% Native American-Alaskan.

That's neat Autumn. :) How old were you when you were adopted? If you don't mind me asking.
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

I'm half Greek, 1\4 French, and 1\4 Irish…. but all Canadian :lol:
Autumnal
Chocolate Chip

GJFH wrote:
Autumnal wrote:I was born in China (in the Guangxi area) and was adopted into a Scottish family. My mom did a DNA test on 23 And Me and I'm apparently 99.8% Native American-Alaskan.

That's neat Autumn. :) How old were you when you were adopted? If you don't mind me asking.
I don't mind any questions like this so no worries. I was eleven months old.
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

ClaraOswald wrote:I'm half Greek, 1\4 French, and 1\4 Irish…. but all Canadian :lol:
Greek, that's chill. That's an amazing heritage Clara.

I always have wanted to visit Greece. :) And Canada.
Autumnal wrote:
GJFH wrote:

I don't mind any questions like this so no worries. I was eleven months old.
:) Ah, my little brother was adopted, I think he was around eleven months old as well.
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Cool, I've always wanted to have an adopted sibling. Someone younger than me in the house that doesn't listen to my brother exclusively.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

I'm related to Daniel Boone. I just found this out recently at a family reunion. Other then that.. I have German in me.
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Stella: Sounds AWESOME!
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Stella C. wrote:I'm related to Daniel Boone. I just found this out recently at a family reunion. Other then that.. I have German in me.
That's awesome Stella, he was one of my childhood heroes!

Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

Are you a member of the Daniel Boone fan club?
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Connie G. wrote:Are you a member of the Daniel Boone fan club?
*throws confetti* I am. It all started with a project in the second grade... :lol:
Are you one?

Blitz
Moose Tracks

Sweet, I used to like him a lot, but my fan hood died. Now I'm more of a book person fan.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset