Personal Quirks

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

Personal Quirks

Everyone's got a few. What are yours?

~~~~

I hate using the top sheet on my bed. I only use the bottom sheet with and a comforter.

Also, if I'm watching a movie or listening to music, I HAVE to make the volume an even number.
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Whenever I order a drink at a fast-food restaurant, I always specify "no ice" because I take so long to eat that the ice melts in the drink and it gets watery.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Ah yes, the constant struggle between warm drinks or watery drinks.
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Right! It's like, I want my Chick-fil-A lemonade unadulterated, thank you. And I mean, sometimes it's a little warm, but I don't really like cold drinks anyway.

I also do this thing where when I'm placing my silverware in the dishwasher, I place each individual piece in one at a time in order of the trays from left to right (or front to back). My super-organized roommate caught on, and now she does it, too, and my mom also started doing it (although I think that was just to shut me up about it, to be honest).
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Bethany Shepard wrote:I hate using the top sheet on my bed. I only use the bottom sheet with and a comforter.
That's me. Otherwise the top sheet gets tangled at the foot of the bed and goes unused. :x
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
kait
Cookies & Creme

TigerShadow wrote:Whenever I order a drink at a fast-food restaurant, I always specify "no ice" because I take so long to eat that the ice melts in the drink and it gets watery.
My husband does this and it drives me crazy. :mad: then the drink gets warm!

I can't stand sleeping with my socks on. I can't remember ever having slept with socks on, actually.
The resident (half) gay atheist feminist heathen.
Ask me a thing or find me on Instagram.
"I'm not often in guys restrooms." –Belle
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Do not disturb my schedule. Please, I don't want to have to kill you.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Blitz wrote:Do not disturb my schedule. Please, I don't want to have to kill you.
Whoa whoa. That's a quirk? O.o
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~

Blitz
Moose Tracks

Yeah, I really hate people messing up a schedule.
Debate Vampire

Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

TigerShadow wrote:I also do this thing where when I'm placing my silverware in the dishwasher, I place each individual piece in one at a time in order of the trays from left to right (or front to back). My super-organized roommate caught on, and now she does it, too, and my mom also started doing it (although I think that was just to shut me up about it, to be honest).
No. No. The silverware must be evenly balanced from the handle. There must be an equal amount of silverware in both the right and left baskets. (The fact that the silverware basket is multi-symmetrical from the middle doesn't hurt) If there are still more that don't evenly fit in the two outer baskets, you may start in the center of the middle basket with the remaining even-numbered silverware.
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

But what if your basket doesn't have a handle and just goes straight across on one side? Those are the baskets my dishwashers at home and in my dorm have.
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

Blitz wrote:Do not disturb my schedule. Please, I don't want to have to kill you.
I hate being tied down by a schedule!
Proud K.R.E Member
Blitz
Moose Tracks

I cannot stand people messing with my organized mess.
Debate Vampire

TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

See, I'm somewhere in the middle. I like schedules and organization, but I really like when those schedules are outlines rather than like, detailed spreadsheets planning out minutia. I like flexibility and the ability to deviate when necessary.
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

I love awkwardness.

I'm sure the whole world is going to look at me and shun me but I do. :D I'm totally fine sitting by myself in a corner when other people are all talking. I really enjoy it /because/: I look awkward, which makes other people awkward, which annoys them, and annoying people makes me happy! :wacky: I am very strange but I love my silly little troll heart. =)

Another thing, I like annoying people. xD
xo eht haiasi-
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Isaiah the Ox wrote: Another thing, I like annoying people. xD
You do? THIS MEANS MY ANNOYINGNESS HAS BEEN WASTED? >_______________> :mad:

Helios
Butter Pecan

Isaiah the Ox wrote:I love awkwardness.

I'm sure the whole world is going to look at me and shun me but I do. :D I'm totally fine sitting by myself in a corner when other people are all talking. I really enjoy it /because/: I look awkward, which makes other people awkward, which annoys them, and annoying people makes me happy! :wacky: I am very strange but I love my silly little troll heart. =)

This...is actually pretty cool. I need to do this more.
---

So I noticed this about myself: when I sing in church, I hold my right thumb with my left fist.

I cannot stand people who don't wipe down counters after they're finished using them. They're leaving a mess and we are using those counters, keep them clean!
Blitz wrote:I cannot stand people messing with my organized mess.
:D You should be glad you live in a completely different country than I do. I would love to mess with your organized mess. :twisted:
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Helios wrote:So I noticed this about myself: when I sing in church, I hold my right thumb with my left fist.
/me goes to stalk choirs

Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

Isaiah the Ox wrote:I love awkwardness.

Ox, Ox, Ox. I can totally see you doing this. You are hilarious. I need to try that sometime...
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

@kait: you are married?!?!?!?!? How old are you anyway?

@kait: sorry, I didn't mean to be rude or disrespectful, I was just surprised.

It makes me crazy when I am in the middle of a really great book, and then someone interrupts me. It makes me crazy! I also like my homework, English, better than science. I continually try to look like I am from WWII-era, or the 1800's.
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
“No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else.” P.T. Barnum