Personal Quirks

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Helios
Butter Pecan

But that's the best part! Especially if you have the half-masticated remains of whatever you had for dinner still stuck in the grooves. :twisted:

Okay, kidding about that. But the sheepish smile does work wonders.

So I have this thing about hair in my face. I can't stand it. I usually have to pull my hair back into a braid or bun or something before I can focus on what I'm doing. I will never be able to pull off those anime hairstyles with all the little strands dangling in my eyes. :P
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

LOL!!!! You are hilarious!
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
“No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else.” P.T. Barnum
Didi
Cookies & Creme

I CAN NOT stand when I'm in the middle of the best part of a suspense book and someone comes in and starts throwing 1002937547 questions at me :mad:
I twiddle my thumbs in church :wacky:
"I was born with white vans on"
"Vans weren't even popular when you were born"
K.R.E.
AuntSarah
Caramel Crunch

people stare at me in public a lot O.o it creeps me out sometimes like really creeps me out or they will look at me from there car maybe I look like someone famous or something 8) :jason honestly all my brothers do look like they could be body guards
Aha suh dude
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

I can drink a quart of water in under a minute

I always stand in the back left corner of elevators
Last edited by Connie G. on Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games
Helios
Butter Pecan

AuntSarah wrote:people stare at me in public a lot O.o it creeps me out sometimes like really creeps me out or they will look at me from there car maybe I look like someone famous or something 8) :jason honestly all my brothers do look like they could be body guards
Oh thank goodness everyone stares! I thought I was gonna stick out if I kept looking and no one else did. :twisted:
I'm kidding. I've never seen you in my life. ;)
I chew my fingers. Not obsessively, but like, habitually. I eat the dry skin that I peel off. It's kinda chewy. :twisted:
Blitz
Moose Tracks

I air box when ever I can.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

I have a habit of planking when I'm doing homework at home. It's a good habit though. And I can only sketch when all my pencils are present and sharpened as much as possible. Even if I'm not particularly using it. :anxious:
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Planking? While doing hw? How does that work?
Debate Vampire

GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

If I'm laying on the floor...it doesn't apply to everything I do.
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

I am a personal quirk.
~ Walker in Dreams
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Has anyone tried doing school well how to say this. Back on the chair, head hanging down?
Debate Vampire

AuntSarah
Caramel Crunch

YES!
Aha suh dude
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

Sarah, of course you would! But why anyone would do such a thing is wayyyy beyond me. I don't like sitting abnormally. It makes me crazy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I HAVE to have some kind of music, or AIO, or audiobook, or something playing while I work. I can't focus otherwise.
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
“No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else.” P.T. Barnum
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

I do that as well Kate :) .

I realised recently that I never untie my shoelaces. This, I've been told is a terrible habit though I suppose I'm too lazy for the extra minute I'd spend undoing my boyscout worthy knots.
Does anyone else do this?

AuntSarah
Caramel Crunch

I like doing school with no noise when I am home alone thats when I get the most done but I can do it with noise. sometimes I have to do it on the couch while people are watching TV and I still get it done. it's just never quite at my house so when it is quite I enjoy it. most of the time when I am doing school I am watching my niece (who is 1) and nephew (3 months) because they are living with us so if my handwriting is messy just know that it's because I had a wiggly 1 year old on my lap but there are some days I need something playing in the back round
Aha suh dude
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Same here. I never untie my shoelaces :P
Blitz
Moose Tracks

I try to avoid tying shoe laces... I have nasty habit of try to pull on my church shoes which usually goes badly.
Debate Vampire

GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

You have a different pair of shoes for church? O.o

Blitz
Moose Tracks

I have two pairs of shoes for church since they are formal. Three sneakers, formal and informal use. My dad is very picky person when it comes to dressing. Just like how I have four belts each for different purposes.
Debate Vampire