Personal Quirks

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Blitz
Moose Tracks

I used to get up at precisely 5:27. Don't ask why, I don't know.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

When my mom and I were at my sister's to help with her kids after she had their third baby, the older two always got up at some time between 6:45 and 7:30, usually about 7. When we came home, I woke up at 7 or 6:45 for like three months. It was crazy.

Does anybody else sleep in on the days they need to get up, and get up on days they can sleep in? I do that a LOT!!
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
“No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else.” P.T. Barnum
Helios
Butter Pecan

GJFH wrote:Well, it depends. What size shoe are you Helios?
Erm.....8 1/2? I think? Or maybe 9....but I might have gotten them wide. I do remember a great deal of tryings-on and debating. I'm finicky about my shoes. :D And they hurt my feet for the first three days, but then I got used to them. Still prefer boots, to be honest. ;)
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Helios wrote:
GJFH wrote:Well, it depends. What size shoe are you Helios?
Erm.....8 1/2? I think? Or maybe 9....but I might have gotten them wide. I do remember a great deal of tryings-on and debating. I'm finicky about my shoes. :D And they hurt my feet for the first three days, but then I got used to them. Still prefer boots, to be honest. ;)
Oh...sorry no. I'd drown in that size. I do wear my shoes tight though :anxious: .

Another thing I do is turn my ceiling fan at night before burrowing under my blankets :inlove: . So cozy.
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

I do that, too, even in summer! I turn my fan on to the highest setting and burrow under a thick comforter. I've read that the human body actually does physiologically tend toward wanting to be fully covered while sleeping, even in hot weather.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

For the longest time I thought I was crazy for doing that all year round, turning the fan on the highest setting and burrowing under my big, fluffy comforter. Although it does kind of make me regret it in the morning, when I have to make the tread across the frozen tundra of my room to turn the fan off in the morning :P But oh well, the sacrifices one has to make....
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Stella: Sounds AWESOME!
AuntSarah
Caramel Crunch

I set my alarm for 30 min. before I need to wake up so that I wake up and cuddle with my cat and my pillow until I need to get out of bed :inlove: so I can wake up slowly and think of what I need to do although it is hard out of bed once I think of all the school I got behind on and remember I have to do that :( but at lest I get to do it in my bed \:D/
Aha suh dude
Helios
Butter Pecan

GJFH wrote:Oh...sorry no. I'd drown in that size. I do wear my shoes tight though :anxious: .

Another thing I do is turn my ceiling fan at night before burrowing under my blankets :inlove: . So cozy.
Are you saying I have big feet? O.o :P

I turn on my fan whenever I want to layer the room in a thin film of dust. :D

I used to turn the radio on at bedtime and let the voices lull me to sleep. I still consider it soothing, but my roomies do NOT agree. *shrugs* :D
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

I'm actually saying I have small feet :lol: .

I used to listen to Adventures in Odyssey before sleep...I haven't in a while though...huh.
My roommate is always asleep before I am ;) .
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
AuntSarah
Caramel Crunch

I always listen to AIO as I am going to sleep I have ever since I can remember my siblings Loved AIO (I think they still do they just never have time to listen)
Aha suh dude
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

When I was little(I was really spoiled, by the way), I COULD NOT go to sleep without this one CD on. I finally got over that once we went to Israel for the second time in 2011.
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
Blitz
Moose Tracks

What you've gone to Israel twice?

Anywho I also love my comforter. Cept my mom won't let me use it as a cover.
Debate Vampire

Helios
Butter Pecan

Wait, so what do you use for covers then, Blitz?

I have this lovely large, fuzzy-wuzzy Batman blankie. I sleep under it every night. Sometimes only that. It's like being wrapped in a hug. :D
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

I sleep in my retro 80's aesthetic fleece blanket. I love it.

Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

Yes we have! You can talk to me about it on my Q & A...

Okay more Israel stuff(oh, you in charge of this board you may remove this if you need to), when we were there, we had to get up at, prepare yourself, 3:30 am! We were supposed to be the road by six (am), and we usually made it! \:D/
Last edited by Jo March on Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jo March
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Comforters are vastly different from covers.
Debate Vampire

Helios
Butter Pecan

So the comforter is on top of the covers, but she doesn't let you use it while sleeping? :? :D

I have this thing where I'll do one lip one color and the other lip another color. I can get really great Padme Amidala lips with a deep red and some cream-colored matte. :D
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

I listen to Odyssey at breakfast, time I have free from homework, and to go to sleep.
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Yes, to my mom comforters are for decoration. *Sobs*
Debate Vampire

Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

My mom is considered a "hippie mom"(according to my brother). I think if you opened my pantry and compared it with a common American pantry, you would faint at the difference. Same for our fridge!!

My favorite veggie is either green beans or Brussels sprouts.
Jo March